Join the Labour Party and save your country!

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    Depends if those 18-24 year olds keep voting doesn't it?
    More like "depends if those 18-24 year olds grow up".

It was the free lunch wot won it.
    patronising
    No, just wrong. Labour lost. The free lunch offer reduced the scale of their loss.
    so you built your future and prosperity after having your 'free lunch' but you decry our children for voting for the same free lunch?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,150
    Me: ROFL
    Stevo: Sat on the fence, hedging his bets, shifting his money off shore, cr4pping himself, sending condolences to TM...

I wonder if those that were in the Tory camp who actually did join the labour party and vote Corbyn will take any repsonsibility, even if it's just an acknowledgement that this is a really good outcome for the UK. Right in the middle of Brexit. If TM had called the election for say end of June, she would be out of office completely. The Tory campaigners realised immediately that the longer she came into contact with the GP, the worse things would get.
    After all, being at the Home Office simply underlined the fact that she was more a bureaucrat not a Politician.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,845
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The lack of willingness of people to make an un-caveated bet with me on the result - despite all the bluster on here - speaks volumes :)
    £50 to a charity of your choice against a Conservative majority win.
    Happy?
    That'll do ta. Yours plus mamba's makes the amount I'd originally offered.
    Cancer Research UK okay with you?
    Absolutely. I will get my card out and donate to the good cause (funded by the extra tax I won't have to pay as Labour have lost :wink: )

Mamba - name your charity.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo: hedging his bets, shifting his money off shore,
    Why, have Labour formed government? :wink:

Funny old world we live in when people start acting like the losers have won...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,865
    bompington wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:

Is this free lunch you speak of "not having to pay your tuition fees at university and maybe be able to afford somewhere to live"?

It sounds the 80s.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:

patronising
    No, just wrong. Labour lost. The free lunch offer reduced the scale of their loss.
    so you built your future and prosperity after having your 'free lunch' but you decry our children for voting for the same free lunch?
    I never voted for a free lunch...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,150
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

There was no indication in my post that suggested anyone won. We all lose. This a mess, right in the middle of Brexit.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The lack of willingness of people to make an un-caveated bet with me on the result - despite all the bluster on here - speaks volumes :)
    Happy?
    Absolutely. I will get my card out and donate to the good cause (funded by the extra tax I won't have to pay as Labour have lost :wink: )

St Lukes Hospice in Plymouth OR the Stroke Association given our recent past, your choice bud.
  • bianchimoon
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:

patronising
    I never voted for a free lunch...
    OK, donate your £36k 'free lunch' that you swallowed but didn't vote for because it was given to you on a plate, to an educational charity?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bahahahahahahaha

Stevo you mug.
    Says the man who backs a party with 12 seats currently. Not lefties, but definitely losers :) You have to admire the Lib Dems' consistency on that front.

Mate, you set this thread up to gloat about joining labour so you could vote Corbyn in order to "lead Labour into the electoral wilerness".

Their share increased massively at the expense of the Tories under Corbyn and he prevented the Tories having a majority.
    Is Corbyn in power? Nope, he lost.

As for political wilderness, that's now the preserve of your lot I think.

Fling all the mud you want, your premise of this thread you created backfired.

Man up and admit it.
  • kingstongraham
    OK, donate your £36k 'free lunch' that you swallowed but didn't vote for because it was given to you on a plate, to an educational charity?

Eton College?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,208
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bahahahahahahaha

Stevo you mug.
    Says the man who backs a party with 12 seats currently. Not lefties, but definitely losers :) You have to admire the Lib Dems' consistency on that front.

Mate, you set this thread up to gloat about joining labour so you could vote Corbyn in order to "lead Labour into the electoral wilerness".

Their share increased massively at the expense of the Tories under Corbyn and he prevented the Tories having a majority.

50% increase on 2015 so there! :lol:

We need someone with a bit more presence than Farron, but we've recovered from similar numbers before.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Jez mon wrote:
    Corbyn has done fantastically well compared to what was expected...and is still no closer to number 10.

He isn't in number 10, but are you telling me you think his odds on ever being PM are no higher today than they were before?

OK, agreed, I'm being slightly dramatic. I think ultimately both main parties are in a pickle. They need to appease their hardcore, but hold enough of the "centre ground" for swing voters to nudge them towards the majority government. Unfortunately, it seems the hardcore supporters on both sides of the political spectrum are getting more extreme. The Tory manifesto this time around was fairly similar to the UKIP manifesto last time around, and obviously we can see what happened to labour...

This results in a compounding issue for any centrist party, (i.e. the Lib Dems) as it means, as a left or right leaning centre-ist, the thought of a Tory or Labour government respectively, is extremely unappealing.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bahahahahahahaha

Stevo you mug.

50% increase on 2015 so there! :lol:

We need someone with a bit more presence than Farron, but we've recovered from similar numbers before.

if libdems had nt come up with their 2nd vote policy they d have gained some seats down here, they came very close, stupid policy, illogical if you think about it as a no vote would mean relying on eu to let us back in and that was never guaranteed.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,065
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Happy?

Cool. 8) As to your earlier question. The MP I voted for won & we got the hung parliament I predicted.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bianchimoon
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Hmm, being held hostage by the DUP a party of climate deniers, homophobic, and got less votes than the green party... that's winning?
  • kingstongraham
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Hmm, being held hostage by the DUP a party of climate deniers, homophobic, and got less votes than the green party... that's winning?

Just because Labour lost, doesn't mean the Tories won. Everyone lost. (Except maybe the DUP.)

And doing a deal with another party - that's democracy, not being held hostage.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Just because Labour lost, doesn't mean the Tories won. Everyone lost. (Except maybe the DUP.)

Thanks for outing the first #Snowflake :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    So Stevo, did you join the Labour Party to vote Corbyn as their leader in order to scupper their chances?

As he is now leader and just led his party to a bigger share of the vote and seats than they had last election, what are your thoughts on how successful your plan was?
  • bianchimoon
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Thanks for outing the first #Snowflake :wink:
    yup, the ConDup party.. got a ring to it
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    DuCon
  • Stevo_666
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Happy?

St Lukes Hospice in Plymouth OR the Stroke Association given our recent past, your choice bud.
    Stroke Association it is - good call mate.
  • Stevo_666
    @ Mamba and Blakey - £50 now donated to The Stroke Association and £50 to Cancer Research UK. Gift aid on top makes that £62.50 a piece.
  • bianchimoon
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    @ Mamba and Blakey - £50 now donated to The Stroke Association and £50 to Cancer Research UK. Gift aid on top makes that £62.50 a piece.
    top man!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    top man!
    A bet's a bet.

And it beats paying taxes...actually on that note, I think it's time to make an additional pension contribution and get my money back :P
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,065
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    top man!
    A bet's a bet.

And it beats paying taxes...actually on that note, I think it's time to make an additional pension contribution and get my money back :P
    Good man.
    Could have kept it classy though.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    So Stevo, did you join the Labour Party to vote Corbyn as their leader in order to scupper their chances?

As he is now leader and just led his party to a bigger share of the vote and seats than they had last election, what are your thoughts on how successful your plan was?
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    top man!
    A bet's a bet.

Good man.
    Could have kept it classy though.
    Only kidding.

The deed is what matters.
  • rick_chasey
    Well done Stevo.

DB3PPqBUQAADDMe.jpg:large
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Fair play :D