Join the Labour Party and save your country!

Comments

• mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Back when I was studying social policy in the 90's I'm sure there had been studies to show that Left and Right gov'ts around Europe didn't have any significant difference in tax and spend levels, only in how they spent the money. Oddly Catholic governments spent more in comparison to other gov'ts. I can't give any references as it was before I had the internet
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,735
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo - what's your take on labour wanting to remove the NHS internal marketplace?
    Don't know enough to comment right now. Links?

NHS and Community Care Act
    health authorities will manage their own budgets and buy healthcare from hospitals and other health organisations. In order to be deemed a "provider" of such healthcare, organisations will become NHS Trusts, that is, independent organisations with their own managements.
    Tbh not that interesting to me. Sounds like the usual Labour effort to stop a government body behaving in some sort of commercial fashion and stopping competition though.

Why are you interested in my view on it?

Tories are doing the same :wink:
    Thanks for the trick question :roll: Doesn't change my view or my vote :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,375
    Well done Stevo!
    Supporting Labour really has saved the Country. :lol::lol::lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,004
    Sorry Stevo, no refund on your 3 quid.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    FocusZing wrote:

Why does he do this?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 28,381
    Posts something then thinks better of it?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,375
    rjsterry wrote:
    "Could this be merged with the irony thread?"
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 74,284
    Bahahahahahahaha

Stevo you mug.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    That plan worked then Stevo.

The country is in a right mess now and it's all the tories fault.

But you would expect me to say that.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,141
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    we can put Jeremy Corbyn in charge of the Labour party, consigning Labour to electoral oblivion for quite some time.

Does two years count?
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Go to echo the above, on par with may calling an election that one stevo :D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • surrey_commuter
    rjsterry wrote:

Really? He does it an awful lot. I assumed it was some clever internet meme
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    rjsterry wrote:

He had over an hour to rethink and delete it before the next post arrived.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • surrey_commuter
    Rolf F wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

He had over an hour to rethink and delete it before the next post arrived.

If so he must be very disappointed with the lack of thought no reflection the rest of us apply to our posts.
  • FocusZing
    Exactly! The shi1t some of you post:)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Faster than a tent.......
  • FocusZing
    ^HaHa...
  • Stevo_666
    That plan worked then Stevo.

The country is in a right mess now and it's all the tories fault.

But you would expect me to say that.
    Frank, I don't know how to break it to you, but Labour lost. JC gave it his best shot by promising free stuff to everyone bar the moderately well off and still came up short :wink:

The Lib Dems are still the nowhere men of politics. And the SNP lost over 1/3 of their seats.

And the icing on the Cake is that Labour are now stuck with Corbyn as they will never be able to dislodge him via a normal leader ship challenge :D Wonder if some of the moderates will have the cojones to split now?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    we can put Jeremy Corbyn in charge of the Labour party, consigning Labour to electoral oblivion for quite some time.

Does two years count?
    Just think, if a moderate like Chukka or Miliband D were leading Labour, we would probably have a Labour PM this morning. But they didn't and they lost. Still the best £3 I ever spent - and the vslue for money continues as Corbyn is still leading labour for the foreseeable future 8)
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Well done Stevo!
    Supporting Labour really has saved the Country. :lol::lol::lol:
    See above.

How did your party do? :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Bahahahahahahaha

Stevo you mug.
    Says the man who backs a party with 12 seats currently. Not lefties, but definitely losers :) You have to admire the Lib Dems' consistency on that front.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Be interesting to see how many people join the Labour Party now.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,932
    Two consecutive Conservative leaders who have put their own internal party politics before the well being on the country...

Cameron... the referendum
    May... the GE

Btw, historically I'm a Conservative voter.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Interestingly, the Tories polled 42.4% of the vote, the same as in 1983 and <1% less than Blair in 1997.

I blame Lib Dem supporters myself for not supporting the Lib Dems any more.

Joking aside, if it wasn't for needed to have a decisive government to deal with Brexit then this result would be nigh on perfect - No realistic chance of Corbyn being in charge but also very little scope for the Tories to do very much too extreme, leaving the rest of us to get on with our lives without much interference.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bahahahahahahaha

Stevo you mug.
    Says the man who backs a party with 12 seats currently. Not lefties, but definitely losers :) You have to admire the Lib Dems' consistency on that front.

Be fair. The Lib Dems no longer fit in a single large family car. What other party can boast such progress?
  • Stevo_666
    Be interesting to see how many people join the Labour Party now.
    Bigger question might be which one will people join. The moderate labour lot will have their heads in their hands as there is no realistic prospect of a leadership challenge to Corbyn now. So they will have to split if they want to do anything about it. Should be interesting.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bahahahahahahaha

Stevo you mug.

Be fair. The Lib Dems no longer fit in a single large family car. What other party can boast such progress?
    :lol:

My sentiments exactly. It does seem that Rick is wasting a large part of his life flogging a dead horse :)
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Does two years count?
    Just think, if a moderate like Chukka or Miliband D were leading Labour, we would probably have a Labour PM this morning. But they didn't and they lost. Still the best £3 I ever spent - and the vslue for money continues as Corbyn is still leading labour for the foreseeable future 8)

uh! they tried that in 2010 and 2015 and lost comprehensively..... people dont want tory lite, one reason why the libdems have done badly in recent years.

If you look across the channel, Labours policies are really not that extreme at all.

Labour wont spilt, they are politicians and Corbyn has done far better than Miliband etc.

anyhow about our bet.....
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 74,284
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    What a fantastic idea :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/politics-blog/11680016/Why-Tories-should-join-Labour-and-back-Jeremy-Corbyn.html

If this goes viral, for the measly sum of £3 each we can put Jeremy Corbyn in charge of the Labour party, consigning Labour to electoral oblivion for quite some time. Quite a few people need to register to make it work, as it says in the link:
    "Could this actually work? That depends on how many Tories sign up. The size of the Labour leadership electorate is projected to be 240,000 or thereabouts, so quite large. Second preferences are redistributed and, assuming Liz Kendal’s eliminated first, followed by Yvette Cooper, I can’t see him getting many of those. To win, therefore, Corbyn would need to get close to 50 per cent of first preferences – quite a tall order, even in a party as bats**t crazy as Labour." :lol:

I'm now a registered supporter of the Labour party :mrgreen: Come on comrades, your country needs you - get registered and tell your friends...