BREXIT - Is This Really Still Rumbling On? 😴

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,144
    TheBigBean wrote:
    If all goes according to plan, no doubt politics in November will all be about whether or not to take the extension option in the withdrawal agreement.

Tory infighting to continue then. Presumably if it passes and no deal is at least temporarily off the table, a VONC could be 'safely' held and then we'll have a GE, so we'd have to see whether the no-dealers still hold sway.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,661
    Rolf F wrote:
    Grow up.
    As long as he gets a response, he won't.
  • Imposter wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    There's a photo of Johnson, Barclay, Barnier, Varadkar, etc. this afternoon. All look relieved and happy as you would expect.

Apart from Johnson, who has that sheepish look.

He looks how he always looks - like a vacant tw@t..

more rancid bile poured from the jug that is imposter
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    bradsbeard wrote:
    I'm a remainer but sick to the back teeth of it all. Let's be honest any deal will not satisfy most people.

That mindset is why we are in this mess. "Sick to the back teeth of it all" is ultimately no better an attitude than that of A Dog. I'm pretty sure everyone who fought in WW2 was pretty much sick to the back teeth of it all but that wasn't regarded as a reason to give up.

Besides, as said repeatedly by many, getting this or any other deal won't stop Brexit being the number one news item for years and years and years. You need to get used to it.

my my what a loser you really are. It's not giving up to recognise that there might be a benefit to just getting it done and then move on. invoke the millions who died in the war if you like but its disrespectful in the extreme. Especially coming from someone like you with your anti democratic sneering liberalism.

Grow up.

awwww did the sneering left-winger not like it when someone disagrees. Bless xx
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Imposter wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    There's a photo of Johnson, Barclay, Barnier, Varadkar, etc. this afternoon. All look relieved and happy as you would expect.

Apart from Johnson, who has that sheepish look.

He looks how he always looks - like a vacant tw@t..

He could be knocked in a few ways, but he's pretty far from being vacant.

Having a degree from Balliol does not preclude him from being a vacant tw@t.

I don't believe illusions, cause too much is real, so stop your cheap comment cause we know what we feel!
  • rjsterry
    Letwin amendment has backing from Labour for tomorrow so we are likely to be asking for an extension anyway.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rjsterry wrote:
    Letwin amendment has backing from Labour for tomorrow so we are likely to be asking for an extension anyway.
    oh dear god no

letwin has let labour off the hook and the charade rumbles on
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    rjsterry wrote:

'Letwin' is a bit of a misnomer then.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry wrote:
    oh dear god no

The Tory rebels are all saying they will vote for the deal but want more time to scrutinise before formally ratifying the WA. Labour - f*** knows what they think about anything.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,661
    Rolf F wrote:
    Grow up.
    As long as he gets a response, he won't.
    See what I mean?
  • robert88
    He could be very young.
  • rjsterry
    Teehee. Phillip Hammond has requested the exact opposite assurance from the PM of that requested by John Baron. Even if deal goes through tomorrow this is not remotely done.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    More or less a coin flip tomorrow.
  • robert88
    More or less a coin flip tomorrow.

Nothing to do with brexit is that simple.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,014
    rjsterry wrote:
    The Tory rebels are all saying they will vote for the deal but want more time to scrutinise before formally ratifying the WA.
    If I heard right then they are being asked to vote on one of the most important ballots in our lifetime without being able to read the full document. This is nuts!
    Can I introduce small print at the bottom to pay PBlakekey £1m?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    oh dear god no

The Tory rebels are all saying they will vote for the deal but want more time to scrutinise before formally ratifying the WA. Labour - f*** knows what they think about anything.

I think they need more pain as an incentive to bring this to an end
  • rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    oh dear god no

Hammond wrote a piece in The Times in which he does not trust the headbangers to not crash the trade talks and end up with a de facto no-deal so wants the extension in place.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    And relax. I'm.off on holiday to.orrow
    Yippeee. I can watch the fallout from afar. So.much better that way.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    And relax. I'm.off on holiday to.orrow
    Yippeee. I can watch the fallout from afar. So.much better that way.

The borders will all be shut while you're away..
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    The Tory rebels are all saying they will vote for the deal but want more time to scrutinise before formally ratifying the WA.
    If I heard right then they are being asked to vote on one of the most important ballots in our lifetime without being able to read the full document. This is nuts!

And the chancellor har refused to release any forecasts until after the vote. Slimy, disgusting behaviour but totally typical.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    PBlakeney wrote:

There's 2 of you?! therefore £2m.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    Anyway, back OT: squeaky bum time.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    EU Brexit negotiator Guy Verhofstadt: "Time pressure was to our benefit, the new is deal is what we proposed 3 years ago"

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2019/10/18 ... l-proposa/
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • The key changes to the withdrawal agreement set out by Faisal Islam:

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/ ... 11232?s=19

Basically it has ensured that without a deal at end of 2020 we go to wto rules, not the level playing field rules.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,014
    Pinno wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:

There's 2 of you?! therefore £2m.
    We are legion, but not greedy. :wink:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    PBlakeney wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

And the chancellor har refused to release any forecasts until after the vote. Slimy, disgusting behaviour but totally typical.

Yeah the forecasts have been so correct up to now. Dont know what we will do without another crystal ball forecast.
  • robert88
    john80 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Yeah the forecasts have been so correct up to now. Dont know what we will do without another crystal ball forecast.

I could tell you but I shan't.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Listening to the "discussion" in parliament which is more a rehash of the past three years, the word Democracy and democratic is being over used. It being used by all to signal there way.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    ERG all on board.
    But he's lost Slyvia Hermon (Ind Unionist)
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Has it been answered somehwere in the thread why option for 2nd referendum and with it cancellation of Brexit was never provided? All other options seem well inferior.