Pacenti SL23 Volta 11s Hubs £169.99 now £149.99 Doh

Comments

• Origami02
    Origami02 Posts: 147
    I simply posted a link and a few people appear to have a problem with that, why is that?. Far from dishing out crap, I've simply answered subsequent bizarre and accusatory posts, e.g. yours. My mistake perhaps, was to even bother to dignify them with a reply . I originally made one post looking for an answer from one particular person (have you even read back as far as my initial question?), and so far all I've had have been unhelpful responses.

No one's even yet picked up on the central point which I was trying verify ; namely that SS appear to have changed the design of these wheels in that they are now, according to the review, using Race rather than Laser Spokes. Hence my question as to whether the link was for the same review that the other guy had read. It would appear that a bit of intrigue and online bullying is more interesting to some people that any wheelset could ever be. I will post the link here again so genuine people don't have to trawl back through a lot of spam to find it, http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... -15-49349/
    I know we cyclists wear shorts a lot of the time but responding as if you are "still in short trousers" does you and only you a disservice. I won't be responding to you again DHL, as you appear to be only interested in cheap provocation (Proverbs 26:4). Go try to bully someone else, I'm not impressed by that playground mentallity at all.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Origami02 wrote:
    No one's even yet picked up on the central point which I was trying verify ; namely that SS appear to have changed the design of these wheels in that they are now, according to the review, using Race rather than Laser Spokes. Hence my question as to whether the link was for the same review that the other guy had read.

The 28-hole versions of the Volta/SL23 wheels were also built with Sapim Race spokes (but obviously different hubs). Besides, all issues with the wheels have not been with the quality of the individual components (which have been repeatably acknowledged as being excellent), but rather with the variability of the build. So your question was largely irrelevant.

As for the validity of Cycling+ reviews; no, I don't take them seriously and don't trust their judgement on a lot of them, regardless if they are regurgitated on Bikeradar or not. For example, last year they voted Ultremo ZXs as their group test winner, when real public feedback (including mine) suggests that they're a tyre with some very serious shortcomings.

You seriously need to stop being so rude to everyone. You're just making yourself look worse with each subsequent pop at each person.
  • Origami02
    Origami02 Posts: 147
    edited April 2015
    You don;t take Cycling Plus seriously ? Well they somehow survive without your endorsement, and clearly bikeradar do as they have their reviews on this website. As for me being rude I don;t see that rebutting spam posts such as yours makes me rude. I see that spectastic found you equally unhelpful re fm098/99 frames. Oh wait a minute, you'll be saying he and I (and anyone else who points out how unhelpful your posts are) are one and the same person next.
    Feel free to have the last word sweety and Google proverbs 26:4 if you end up wondering why I won't waste anymore time on you or your ilk.
    Yesterday you were ridiculing another poster for saying that Zondas roll well. You then thought about it and added that the OP in that thread was "asking the wrong question" . At no point did you attempt to post anything that might help the OP make an informed buying decision. It would seem that bolstering a fragile ego by sneering at others is your MO.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... -15-49349/
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    different hubs, different spokes so different wheels. Why bother with the link to a review of different wheels on the same site as the forum? and then post it up again and again, just in case someone misses the great job you are doing?

Congratulations.

YOU ARE THE KING OF THE INTERNET!
  • darkhairedlord
    seriously,

why would you join a forum to have a pop at everyone on it?

Other than that, I expect you are really nice in person.
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    Definitely Paxington IMO. Just as obnoxious and pompous.
  • darkhairedlord
    brian.jpg

no, I'm Paxington, and so's my wife!
  • DKay
    Origami02 wrote:
    Feel free to have the last word sweety and Google proverbs 26:4 if you end up wondering why I won't waste anymore time on you or your ilk.

If you don't want to waste anymore time on our ilk, then please go elsewhere.

Alternatively, stay and continue to make yourself look like an unpleasant human being.
  • DKay
    Bondurant wrote:
    Definitely Paxington IMO. Just as obnoxious and pompous.

Only he seems to have gotten even worse. One thing which hasn't changed, is that he continues to try and troll my posts to other members, exactly like he did last time. It's like he's not even trying to hide. Either that, or gets some kind of sadistic pleasure from being despised.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Origami02 wrote:
    You don;t take Cycling Plus seriously ? Well they somehow survive without your endorsement, and clearly bikeradar do as they have their reviews on this website.
    Dude, I'll leave the being obnoxious stuff, but I thought that it might be worth pointing out that Immediate Media own both Cycling Plus and Bike Radar which may have something to do with this....
  • DKay
    mroli wrote:
    Origami02 wrote:
    You don;t take Cycling Plus seriously ? Well they somehow survive without your endorsement, and clearly bikeradar do as they have their reviews on this website.
    Dude, I'll leave the being obnoxious stuff, but I thought that it might be worth pointing out that Immediate Media own both Cycling Plus and Bike Radar which may have something to do with this....

I think paxington has been banned again. But I'm sure he'll be along shortly with in yet another guise*.

*Edit: I think I may have already spotted him.
  • I just wanted to add my wheels to the terrible tension/build thing that doesn't happen due to the incredible uber robot machine wot never makes a mistake......................
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    I just wanted to add my wheels to the terrible tension/build thing that doesn't happen due to the incredible uber robot machine wot never makes a mistake......................

Are these the ones you wanted retensioned in the Kenilworth area (see other thread)? I was almost tempted to give you a shout, as I am moving to the area soon, but I am glad I didn't... after all that happened in this thread, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • I just wanted to add my wheels to the terrible tension/build thing that doesn't happen due to the incredible uber robot machine wot never makes a mistake......................

Are these the ones you wanted retensioned in the Kenilworth area (see other thread)? I was almost tempted to give you a shout, as I am moving to the area soon, but I am glad I didn't... after all that happened in this thread, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole... :wink:

Yup indeedy! Taking them to a guy this afternoon who's been recommended close by. fingers crossed!
  • ugo.santalucia
    I just wanted to add my wheels to the terrible tension/build thing that doesn't happen due to the incredible uber robot machine wot never makes a mistake......................

Yup indeedy! Taking them to a guy this afternoon who's been recommended close by. fingers crossed!

It's not a big job, although when I did it, I found the nipples were very hard to turn, as if the build had been done on dry threads. That would explain the low tension too, as the machine reads torque, which is among other things a function of the lubrication.

Have I just reopened the can of worms? :lol:
  • tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    Makes me wonder about removing each nipple and lubing them up, I have the 28H version
  • tincaman
    As I now have a park tools tension guage with a view to building a set of disc wheels, I checked the tensions on my 28H rear, the DS spokes were tight and consistent but the NDS were all over the place, on the guage between 3 and 13, which on my conversation chart is between 56 at the high end and too low to register at the low end.
    I have used these on and off since last November so probably about 2000 miles on them. Despite these readings they have been faultless and have needed no truing.
  • ugo.santalucia
    I have used these on and off since last November so probably about 2000 miles on them. Despite these readings they have been faultless and have needed no truing.

Yes, but the low tension spokes are fatiguing and will break in the near future. It's really simple wheel dynamics combined with basic materials science... there is no exception, it's a flow chart with no rhomboids
  • SLR021
    SLR021 Posts: 79

Yes, but the low tension spokes are fatiguing and will break in the near future. It's really simple wheel dynamics combined with basic materials science... there is no exception, it's a flow chart with no rhomboids
    2000 miles and they're fine and true : Thats fact. Ugo's assertion is merely the stuff crystal balls.

Your attacks/criticisms of this company are unending, and look like something very personal .Try to be less bitter. If you're jealous of honest success, go out and make your own. Hard work for sure, and you certainly won't have time to run up a prolific post count on here knocking decent products. You'll find it far more fulfilling than endlessly denigrating the efforts of others dude.
    Get out there and do it, it's never too late !
  • ugo.santalucia
    Are you not tired of getting banned for trolling Paxi?

Create a new email address, create a new account... get banned, create a new email address, create a new account... get banned... is it worth it?
  • SLR021
    SLR021 Posts: 79
    Honesty is a very simple concept.One only has to compare Chris Frome's approach to Nibalis to see that honest hard work pays better than truculence and cheating in the end. Try it sometime. :roll: Let go of the team car and try to get where you want to be under you own steam Ugo, instead of throwing sh+te (or water bottles) at those who have better legs than you.
    You'd be a happier person, I promise.
  • DKay

2000 miles and they're fine and true : Thats fact. Ugo's assertion is merely the stuff crystal balls.

Your attacks/criticisms of this company are unending, and look like something very personal .Try to be less bitter. If you're jealous of honest success, go out and make your own. Hard work for sure, and you certainly won't have time to run up a prolific post count on here knocking decent products. You'll find it far more fulfilling than endlessly denigrating the efforts of others dude.
    Get out there and do it, it's never too late !

You just couldn't resist could you Paxington? I applaud you using this alias and keeping under the radar for a few weeks though. I didn't guess it was you as there was a lack of pretentious babble, obnoxious comments and personal attacks. Glad to see you back to normal though.
  • AndyEd
    AndyEd Posts: 171
    The user SLR021 has received a one month ban having previously received a warning for unpleasant behaviour.
    BikeRadar Community
  • ugo.santalucia
    The user SLR021 has received a one month ban having previously received a warning for unpleasant behaviour.

Thanks AndyED. The user SLR021 has appeared on this thread with at least other 4 identities, at the time we did find the metrics to deal with its use of proxi servers and serial e-mail addresses to avoid being easily detected... ask the moderating team for details.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,790
    It's a pity that Paxington hasn't adopted the Trek approach of using anagrams of his previous name - it would make him easier to spot.

GinPoxTan?
  • ugo.santalucia
    It's a pity that Paxington hasn't adopted the Trek approach of using anagrams of his previous name - it would make him easier to spot.

GinPoxTan?

It is quite obvious that someone has an interest to disrupt this particular thread and doesn't want to be recognised, we can call it Paxington, if you like.
    Personally I would engineer a way for a public forum to refuse entries to those using proxi servers and other devices aimed to confuse... you wouldn't be allowed to open any bank account without some proofs, even to get a spot at your local GP practice, which is free, you need a proof of ID, so why a forum account doesn't demand a physical IP that can be traced? The same individuals keep coming back, with no apparent way to stop the process... it's very frustrating and makes you question where it is even worth expressing genuine opinions, rather than just talking crap...
  • DKay

GinPoxTan?

Pox would be appropriate. He's like a disease.

Toxin is another word which comes to mind.

Anyway, I've wasted enough time talking about such an unpleasant moron.
  • tincaman
    Seeing as the DS spokes are even, can I just go ahead and tension up the ND side without really touching the DS?
    As the tensions are really low, how far can I go without affecting the dish? Cheers.
  • ugo.santalucia
    Seeing as the DS spokes are even, can I just go ahead and tension up the ND side without really touching the DS?
    As the tensions are really low, how far can I go without affecting the dish? Cheers.

you will have to adjust the DS accordingly... you can't increase the average tension on one side without affecting the dish