Rose Owners/Lovers Only Show us your bikes please

Comments

• sophidog
    sophidog Posts: 180
    the first link will be to DHL as they deal in Germany; they will send to Export Ctr & once its on its way over they will give you a link to Parcel Force. The first stage there for mine was ADVISED and it lingered there for 2 days so i emailed them(probably in Customs). The following day it changed to being in their International Ctr & then on to their National Ctr(both in Coventry I think). From there it will move to a local ctr & into a van.
    The box has arrows on it to indicate which way up it should be(horizontal) but mine was in the Parcel Force van vertical(effectively front-end down). This resulted in the inner box containing seat/ post & user manuals shifting & clonking the derailleur cage; chain had then jumped off large sprocket & went between spokes & sprocket. Removed delicately....
    Road: Rose CDX-3000 Cannondale CAADX 105 2011
    Turbo: Fuji Nevada Mountain Bike(Y2K)
  • finchscott
    finchscott Posts: 8
    My fear is not being able to arrange a days holiday in time to be home for the delivery. If I only know it's out for delivery on the morning it's due to be delivered then I'm likely to miss it.

Sounds like you got lucky with Parcelforce, the consequences of how they stored it could have been far more serious.

Did you sign "unchecked" or did you make a point of highlighting the damage to the box?
  • sophidog
    finchscott wrote:
    My fear is not being able to arrange a days holiday in time to be home for the delivery. If I only know it's out for delivery on the morning it's due to be delivered then I'm likely to miss it.

Sounds like you got lucky with Parcelforce, the consequences of how they stored it could have been far more serious.

Did you sign "unchecked" or did you make a point of highlighting the damage to the box?

Pointed the damage out to the driver & he wrote Damaged & I signed underneath; also told him had not been carried the right way up.
    The only day I knew it was coming was the day it came, and only found out by checking website. If they would text you it would be handy.
  • snappygear
    snappygear Posts: 212
    sophidog wrote:
    bike or box?

The bike!!
  • sophidog
    snappygear wrote:
    sophidog wrote:
    bike or box?

The bike!!

will do just as soon as the wind & rain subside, don't want to get baby wet!! She's not come out of the garage yet but there may be a chance tomorrow morning, she looks good i promise..... :D
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    sophidog wrote:
    snappygear wrote:
    sophidog wrote:
    bike or box?

The bike!!

will do just as soon as the wind & rain subside, don't want to get baby wet!! She's not come out of the garage yet but there may be a chance tomorrow morning, she looks good i promise..... :D
    Does your camera not work in the garage... Pull your finger out and give us some pictures
  • seguinkt13
    seguinkt13 Posts: 12
    sophidog wrote:
    Do they not have a USA rep? We have one in the UK and he is invaluable.

No they don't.. But I made the international call this morning and got it sorted out in less than 5 minutes.
    So for any USA buyers, emailing will take a long time, depending on who you contact, so calling may be better if you can.

Anyway, my order status has changed and I am hoping it get it shipped soon!
  • finchscott
    What a difference 24 hours makes...

Status is now "Loaded to vehicle for delivery" so it's scheduled to be deivered today, only problem is there is nobody at home.

Hopefully it will be returned to the local depot and I can collect on Saturday.
  • sophidog
    edited May 2015
    Here she is! CDX-3000. Had to use flash as light miserable at the moment.

17305761463_fcd6f801cd_z.jpg

17304187194_0f448a6612_z.jpg

17306273343_bc765e54ea_z.jpg

I make no excuses for the SPD pedals, they are what I am used to and feel safe with; oh, and I don't want the expense of new shoes & pedals when 'the boss' thinks I've spent enough. :wink:
    First ride later today weather permitting.
  • Th3P
    Th3P Posts: 91
    sophidog wrote:
    Here she is!
    [img][/img]17305761463_fcd6f801cd_z.jpgCDX3000 Rightt by rastus1271, on Flickr

Very nice, Cant wait for my CDX to arrive
  • Th3P
    My estimated delivery date seems to be going up not down! Gone from 9 to 12 weeks today
  • seguinkt13
    Th3P wrote:
    My estimated delivery date seems to be going up not down! Gone from 9 to 12 weeks today
    Since I have been in contact with rose so much in the last few weeks I have been told that the website does not always reflect the correct information. Their estimate on your confirmation is still the best date to go by.
  • Th3P
    seguinkt13 wrote:
    Th3P wrote:
    Since I have been in contact with rose so much in the last few weeks I have been told that the website does not always reflect the correct information. Their estimate on your confirmation is still the best date to go by.

Thanks for the info :)
  • finchscott
    If it helps my CGF arrived yesterday, 2 weeks earlier than oringally stated.
  • dag_on_a_bike
    dag_on_a_bike Posts: 581
    Originally my order showed at 8 weeks 'on back order'. Enquired why...saddle out of stock. Changed it. Following Monday showed 7 weeks. Checked again a week later and it had jumped up to 12 weeks. Enquired why...stock problem...waiting for shipment of Di2 components. Can't wait to see what this Monday's status shows.

I'm incredibly patient by nature, but this wait is killing me. Just want my new bike. Now!
    There's no such thing as too old.
  • seguinkt13
    Originally my order showed at 8 weeks 'on back order'. Enquired why...saddle out of stock. Changed it. Following Monday showed 7 weeks. Checked again a week later and it had jumped up to 12 weeks. Enquired why...stock problem...waiting for shipment of Di2 components. Can't wait to see what this Monday's status shows.

I'm incredibly patient by nature, but this wait is killing me. Just want my new bike. Now!

I know what you mean! When I had my payment problem I didn't find out until my status said "in 1 week" for multiple weeks.. Now that the problem was corrected it jumped back up to 8 weeks and back ordered.. I asked Udo about the delivery date and he said the original delivery date should still apply. So, we will see what Monday brings. I am waiting for an email stating it has been shipped!
  • dag_on_a_bike
    dag_on_a_bike Posts: 581
    This morning's order status update..."in 5 weeks".

Looking a lot better than 12 weeks and brings things back onto the original schedule. Hopeful.
    There's no such thing as too old.
  • sophidog
    finchscott wrote:
    If it helps my CGF arrived yesterday, 2 weeks earlier than oringally stated.

any chance of pictures :?:
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    sophidog wrote:
    Here she is! CDX-3000. Had to use flash as light miserable at the moment.

17305761463_fcd6f801cd_z.jpg

17304187194_0f448a6612_z.jpg

17306273343_bc765e54ea_z.jpg

I make no excuses for the SPD pedals, they are what I am used to and feel safe with; oh, and I don't want the expense of new shoes & pedals when 'the boss' thinks I've spent enough. :wink:
    First ride later today weather permitting.

That's lovely, what size is it?
  • sophidog
    it's 57cm, I'm 178 tall, inside leg to floor(barefoot) 85cm & my reach 71cm. The bike is certainly much better at riding our poor country lanes than my 'dale; I know 'cause my bum stays on the saddle more!!
  • leodis75
    leodis75 Posts: 184
    Pro dx 3000 Hydr which fitted the bill for year round commuter and winter bike.

DSC_0016.JPG

In full battle dress

IMG_20150322_160707.JPG

It rides really well just having some problems with the BB being noisy.
  • Th3P
    Spike with Rose to see if any changes to my component choice on my Xeon CDX but was told the delays are currently with Di2 and the frame so components wouldn't make a difference. Thanks for the tip though
  • Th3P
    Keep the photos coming, helps us waiting in limbo admire what we will soon have!
  • seguinkt13
    My status has changed to "the goods are being prepared for assembly"!!

For those that have gotten their bikes, what is time between this status the the email stating their bike has shipped?
  • Hi,

I'm looking for real-world feedback on the ROSE X-LITE TEAM frame/bike - is anyone out there actually riding one?

Specifically interested in the ROSE X-LITE TEAM-4000 (http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-x- ... aid:755918), which has full Dura-ace mechanical g/set and Ksyrium SLS WTS wheels, allegedly weighs 6.05kg in a 57cm, and only costs £2.7K.

Also, do their quoted weights bear any resemblance to reality? :)

Thanks!
  • seguinkt13 wrote:
    ng prepared for assembly"!!

For those that have gotten their bikes, what is time between this status the the email stating their bike has shipped?

My order said this a couple of weeks ago, then went back to being "order is being processed" before going back to 'preparation for assembly'

I spoke to Rose and they still reckon my bike is due week 27/28, which is start of July.
  • sophidog
    Also, do their quoted weights bear any resemblance to reality?

My CDX-3000 57cm is quoted at 7.5kg +/-5% but is 8.2kg according to the bathroom scales 'weigh self then self + bike' method. It feels light enough for me.
  • lakinlakin
    lakinlakin Posts: 62
    junitrules wrote:
    My order said this a couple of weeks ago, then went back to being "order is being processed" before going back to 'preparation for assembly'

I spoke to Rose and they still reckon my bike is due week 27/28, which is start of July.

When did you place your order, and which model did you choose?

I've gone for an x-lite 3000 (ordered on the 31st May).
  • sophidog
    seguinkt13 wrote:
    My status has changed to "the goods are being prepared for assembly"!!

My bike took six days to arrive (UK).
  • sophidog wrote:
    Also, do their quoted weights bear any resemblance to reality?

My CDX-3000 57cm is quoted at 7.5kg +/-5% but is 8.2kg according to the bathroom scales 'weigh self then self + bike' method. It feels light enough for me.

Blimey, that's a pretty big difference!