Rose Owners/Lovers Only Show us your bikes please

Comments

• KoenM
    KoenM Posts: 95
    Probably changes because a component is out of stock or ships to late to them.
  • GiantDance
    GiantDance Posts: 129
    mattbarnes wrote:
    Lovely looking bike, What skewers are you using, am looking for a red pair?

They're Superstar Components Carbon-Ti quick releases. They're £27 at the moment and weigh in at 47g. Perfectly good they are too.

Thanks, currently out of stock in the red. :(
    Moda Prima 2013
    Giant Defy Advanced 1 2014
    Rose Pro DX Cross-3000 'MB' - STOLEN
    Langster SF 2015
  • rvl15
    rvl15 Posts: 1
    DSC_0096_zpsaqucxbq3.jpg
    DSC_0099_zpsvhwhshww.jpg

Xeon CFG 3100 Di2

Took delivery last week – in total 6 weeks for shipping (as Rose originally quoted)
    I very nearly went for a Canyon however I was fortunate to visit the Rose bike town store on a business trip to Munich. They had this model and colour in the showroom and my mind was made-up instantly!

Rose have been fantastic to deal with throughout the process, they (Head Office and Fin) were very helpful with my initial sizing queries and some last minute changes were not a problem.

Spec is standard apart from the seat and post (I didn’t like the look of the Selle Italia SLS Kit Carbonio Monolink thing!) Upon delivery I just needed to put the front wheel in, turn the bars and fix the seat post and it was ready to ride. However the Di2 battery was almost flat and required a full charge and the firmware was out of date - not a problem, it took 5 minutes to update via the Shimano e tube software. The carbon post slipped and rocked slightly in the frame - a layer of carbon assembly paste fixed this instantly. Everything else was set-up perfectly.

I went for a 55cm, I’m 5ft 10, 84cm inseam and the fit is perfect. Weight out of the box was 7.4 kilos without pedals, which is nearly 2 kilos lighter than my old aluminium cube!

I’m more than happy with this bike, as other reviewers have mentioned it really does cushion the road buzz - It’s also light and fast too. I can highly recommend both the bike and Rose.
  • 1986sv
    1986sv Posts: 83
    Nice!
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    rvl15 wrote:
    DSC_0096_zpsaqucxbq3.jpg
    DSC_0099_zpsvhwhshww.jpg

Xeon CFG 3100 Di2

Took delivery last week – in total 6 weeks for shipping (as Rose originally quoted)
    I very nearly went for a Canyon however I was fortunate to visit the Rose bike town store on a business trip to Munich. They had this model and colour in the showroom and my mind was made-up instantly!

Rose have been fantastic to deal with throughout the process, they (Head Office and Fin) were very helpful with my initial sizing queries and some last minute changes were not a problem.

Spec is standard apart from the seat and post (I didn’t like the look of the Selle Italia SLS Kit Carbonio Monolink thing!) Upon delivery I just needed to put the front wheel in, turn the bars and fix the seat post and it was ready to ride. However the Di2 battery was almost flat and required a full charge and the firmware was out of date - not a problem, it took 5 minutes to update via the Shimano e tube software. The carbon post slipped and rocked slightly in the frame - a layer of carbon assembly paste fixed this instantly. Everything else was set-up perfectly.

I went for a 55cm, I’m 5ft 10, 84cm inseam and the fit is perfect. Weight out of the box was 7.4 kilos without pedals, which is nearly 2 kilos lighter than my old aluminium cube!

I’m more than happy with this bike, as other reviewers have mentioned it really does cushion the road buzz - It’s also light and fast too. I can highly recommend both the bike and Rose.

Fantastic looking bike - I've just been looking into the possibility of ordering one but there are no white CGFs left! Can I ask whether you considered the GF and if so why you decided on the CGF. How much seat post do you have showing - could you measure from the seat post capture to the top of saddle for me please? Have you managed to ride it anymore since your last post and what are your thoughts now? Would you change/upgrade any components in retrospect?

Thanks.
  • Lovely bikes all of them! Just wanted to pick your advice on the difference between the X-lite CRS and the Xeon CRS. Is the X-lite very aggressive geometry?
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Lovely bikes all of them! Just wanted to pick your advice on the difference between the X-lite CRS and the Xeon CRS. Is the X-lite very aggressive geometry?

Ive looked at a good few bikes recently, and compared to some, like the Canyon Cf Sl it is low at the front end
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • Thanks, the Ultimate, like many other I'm sure, is my other choice! Decisions decisions.....
  • Miles253
    Yeah i'm about to pull the trigger also :)
  • vortice
    Miles253 wrote:
    Yeah i'm about to pull the trigger also :)

Hi Miles,

I notice that you have a Canyon Roadlite. I had one of those too, but now have a Canyon CF SLX and straight out of the box I found it at more comfortable than the roadlite. As it comes it isn't aggressive, though it can be made to be, so I wouldn't discount the Canyon on that basis.

Regards,

John
  • Miles253
    Yeah i don't find the roadlite very comfy at all! I think the cf so will be the right step, I was actually talking about the rose when I mentioned the low front end

Thanks
  • snappygear
    snappygear Posts: 212
    Any new Rose owners yet? :)
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    How did you go on with your delivery? Did it arrive?
  • snappygear
    Plodder73 wrote:

Not got mine yet, due for build week after next, was hoping someone else had got their's to show off! :)
  • vortice
    snappygear wrote:
    Plodder73 wrote:

Not got mine yet, due for build week after next, was hoping someone else had got their's to show off! :)

Which model, spec and colour did you go for?
  • KoenM
    Mine should be here this week, it's been out of the factory since last friday and i think it will arrive tomorrow or friday!
  • snappygear
    Vortice wrote:
    snappygear wrote:
    Plodder73 wrote:

I went for the xlite CRS 3100 in matt black :D
  • vortice
    snappygear wrote:
    Vortice wrote:
    snappygear wrote:
    Plodder73 wrote:

I went for the xlite CRS 3100 in matt black :D

Very nice. I look forward to a pic and ride report soon! :wink:
  • snappygear
    Screen%20Shot%202015-04-23%20at%2017.06.14_zpsd12v8qw5.png

Seen this once before, so not getting too excited yet!! :twisted:
  • KoenM
    Mine has been shipped for 6 days already, i hope it gets here soon! How can it take so long?
  • vortice
    KoenM wrote:
    Mine has been shipped for 6 days already, i hope it gets here soon! How can it take so long?

Well Belgium is a long way from Germany..... Hmmm :roll:
  • vortice
    Has anyone ridden the Xeon CGF and GF back to back for comparison?
  • snappygear
    KoenM wrote:

What does your current status say?
  • KoenM
    22/04/2015 14:10 De zending werd gesorteerd (loosly translated: the shipment has been sorted) BRUSSEL X General sorting

BTW, i live about 20km away from Brussels ironically! But there was a strike 2 days ago maybe that's why it takes so long?! If the status doesn't change this day i'm mailing the Belgian Post (it's with them now).
  • snappygear
    KoenM wrote:
    22/04/2015 14:10 De zending werd gesorteerd (loosly translated: the shipment has been sorted) BRUSSEL X General sorting

BTW, i live about 20km away from Brussels ironically! But there was a strike 2 days ago maybe that's why it takes so long?! If the status doesn't change this day i'm mailing the Belgian Post (it's with them now).

has it arrived yet? :)
  • KoenM
    snappygear wrote:
    KoenM wrote:

has it arrived yet? :)

No it seems that it was to big for them to ship to my house, but did they let me know? Hell no, who knows how long it would take if i didn't message them! Anyways, they said i should contact Rose. I did and they've said they will sort it out, so lets hope it will, soon! 3 weeks till the Vosges trip!
  • Just took delivery of my x-lite crs 3100! My god it's a stunning looking thing. Has yours arrived yet snappygear?
    Rose X-Lite CRS 3100
    Focus Cayo AL
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    Just took delivery of my x-lite crs 3100! My god it's a stunning looking thing. Has yours arrived yet snappygear?

You can't just put that..... Picture now !
  • snappygear
    Just took delivery of my x-lite crs 3100! My god it's a stunning looking thing. Has yours arrived yet snappygear?

Mine arrived today!! :twisted:
  • snappygear
    A photo....a bad one admittedly, but it'll do for now!

IMG_1224_zpsnsllakzr.jpg