Rose Owners/Lovers Only Show us your bikes please

Comments

• plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    snappygear wrote:
    Just took delivery of my x-lite crs 3100! My god it's a stunning looking thing. Has yours arrived yet snappygear?

Mine arrived today!! :twisted:

At last, first impressions ? Pictures ASAP !
  • plodder73
    Just seen the picture, very nice, was is worth the wait ?
  • snappygear
    snappygear Posts: 212
    Plodder73 wrote:
    Just seen the picture, very nice, was is worth the wait ?

Not had chance to ride it yet, but certainly looks good and well built, very much worth the wait! :D
  • Plodder73 wrote:
    Just took delivery of my x-lite crs 3100! My god it's a stunning looking thing. Has yours arrived yet snappygear?

You can't just put that..... Picture now !

I'll take some better ones this evening, it's now finished charging off my work pc!
    e0535w.jpg
    Rose X-Lite CRS 3100
    Focus Cayo AL
  • GiantDance
    GiantDance Posts: 129
    Finally remember to post a picture of my Rose CX-DX 3000-MB. This was from last year so missing the new saddle, 28" tires and replaced the chainset with a 50/34

IMG_20141203_181901.jpg

IMG_20141201_190703.jpg
    Moda Prima 2013
    Giant Defy Advanced 1 2014
    Rose Pro DX Cross-3000 'MB' - STOLEN
    Langster SF 2015
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    My Carbon Pro SL (see page 1 of this thread) was written off in an accident a few weeks back. I really loved her - she was a great bike and we had lots of good times together. RIP.

The insurance paid out last week though, so it was new bike time. I spent AGES on the Rose website configuring bikes - which was great fun - and finally decided on ........................ a Canyon! I am a traitor!

Basically I decided to go aero and the paint job on the Xeon CW isn't my thing, so I got a Canyon Aeroad instead.

My Rose CX is still going strong though.

Dave
  • snappygear
    Had first ride out tonight. Did a basic static set up last night so decided to a 20 mile round the block set up ride.

Stopped to adjust the saddle height, and played with some fore and aft settings, but think I'll be putting my faithful Arione on as it feels so comfy!

Regards to the ride apart from the slight fettling of saddle, the bike felt very stable, hood positions comfy, Ritchey Streem bars pretty comfy too and gear change very slick and quiet....a little bit too windy to get a real feel of how spritely it feels in comparison with my GT, but it's certainly no dog!

Money well spent and highly recommended!
  • snappygear
    Some more photos!

IMG_7701_zps3fezbmu9.jpg

IMG_7702_zps3uqgjlhh.jpg

IMG_7703_zpskx5omvct.jpg

IMG_7705_zps8olgckoj.jpg

IMG_7706_zpsmtcvmcaq.jpg

IMG_7707_zpsz72luayq.jpg
  • plodder73
    Very nice, the geometry looks like it's not too racey, looks quite comfortable. How do you like the Matt UD finish?
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Snappygear that looks very nice, what size frame is it?
  • snappygear
    Plodder73 wrote:
    Very nice, the geometry looks like it's not too racey, looks quite comfortable. How do you like the Matt UD finish?

I only did a short ride on it last night and made some adjustments on the way round, so not had a chance to see what it will be like on a longer ride, but I think it'll be ok.

The Matt finish is interesting, looks very much like a distressed look, won't be to everyone's taste, but I like it!
  • snappygear
    diamonddog wrote:
    Snappygear that looks very nice, what size frame is it?

It's the smallest frame they do, when I did their online measurement, I was bang in the middle of a 50 and 53 frame. My GT was a 54 and maybe a tad on the big size for me (only 5' 6" ish) so I went down to the 50 and ordered a slightly longer stem.
  • I did a short 15 mile ride today, and my thoughts are that this is one hell of a bike for the money! It's no where near as harsh a ride as I was expecting, being it's labeled as their race ready model. I found it rolled much smoother than my Giant TCR, accelerates so easily and really gives you the confidence to go faster. I did 40+ mph down a hill, where I hadn't gone much past 33 previously. Cornering feels direct and responsive and the di2 is superb! My only criticism of it is the lack of feedback from the buttons, sometimes it's not obvious that you've shifted, because it's so instant and the lack of lever pushing on a traditional mechanical system, where you can feel the cable stretching or loosening to change up or down.

But very happy with it! Glad I got it when I did, the prices have gone up £150 since. This one's a size 59cm with a 130mm stem. I'm 6ft 1" and 70kgs.

maylc3.jpg

2v30kqq.jpg

2n0mpes.jpg

htbbwy.jpg

11v752h.jpg
    Rose X-Lite CRS 3100
    Focus Cayo AL
  • diamonddog
    snappygear wrote:
    It's the smallest frame they do, when I did their online measurement, I was bang in the middle of a 50 and 53 frame. My GT was a 54 and maybe a tad on the big size for me (only 5' 6" ish) so I went down to the 50 and ordered a slightly longer stem.
    Cheers that's the size I would be looking at.
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    So glad I started this post. Sooooooo need to have a big win on the lottery.....
  • KoenM
    KoenM Posts: 95
    Mine has arrived, pictures will follow!
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    KoenM wrote:
    Mine has arrived, pictures will follow!

But when???? :wink:
  • I have just ordered a Xeon RS-3000 in the black/yellow combo.

I'm super excited...and will share pics of the beauty when she arrives.

:lol:
  • KoenM
    When i have time to go for a ride!
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    I have just ordered a Xeon RS-3000 in the black/yellow combo.

I'm super excited...and will share pics of the beauty when she arrives.

:lol:

Looking forward to your ride report and photos!
  • Th3P
    Th3P Posts: 91
    Hello

Is there any chance any owners or potential owners can answer a few of my questions thinking of greeting the Rose Xeon CDX Di2

viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=13027647

If course if I order expect pics here :)
  • sophidog
    sophidog Posts: 180
    have got the message "being prepared for assembly" for the last week. How long should it be to the bike being built folks?
    Road: Rose CDX-3000 Cannondale CAADX 105 2011
    Turbo: Fuji Nevada Mountain Bike(Y2K)
  • diamonddog
    Noticed some price rises on some of the X Lite Team models today, not sure about the other models.
  • sophidog
    sophidog Posts: 180
    diamonddog wrote:
    Noticed some price rises on some of the X Lite Team models today, not sure about the other models.

prices risen across the board after end of April I think you will find; exchange rates and all that..................
    Road: Rose CDX-3000 Cannondale CAADX 105 2011
    Turbo: Fuji Nevada Mountain Bike(Y2K)
  • KoenM
    So this is it:
    a2Fy0Or.jpg

FVBwZfx.jpg

D5XO3Od.jpg

eKjhXEz.jpg

ZKNed1w.jpg

NsT7wNK.jpg

KD1XDa3.jpg

kpWaDtf.jpg

Ow yeah the saddle is leveled, although it doesn't look like it on these photo's.

Rose Xeon RS-3100 2014 size 55
    -FULL Ultegra DI2 50/34 and 11/32 for versatility.
    -Mavic Ksyrium Elite
    -Ritchey Flexlogic Seatpost (for a bit more comfort)
    -Ritchey WCS Evo Curve
    -Fizik Arione R7

Added new or carried over from old bike:
    -Shimano PD-M520: great pedals had this pair for 3 years now (since i started cycling), and they are still good!
    -Vaude Tool M saddle bag, maybe a bit big but it fits alot in it. (new)
    -Lezyne Road Drive M pump, love this thing, no to big and not to little, saved me from walking home a few times.
    -2x Elite Custom Race Soft Skin Logo bottle cages.(new)
    -Bryton Rider 50
    -Garmin Cadance sensor.
    -Assaver

Will be replaced:

-New gps, probably Garmin Touring Plus with an upfront mount, my Bryton loses satellites sometimes and it's very slow to find them before a start. Also it moves around on this bike, even with an extra cable tie.
    -Tires: ordered Continental GP 4000 SII already. Had my first pinch flat on the second ride on a technical descent . The tires are to supple, which is great while cornering and on smooth tarmac, but it's to supple for the Belgian roads and the cobbles!

Got my first 2 rides on my new Rose, and it's fast, especially on the hills.
    Acceleration is so much faster than my previous bike. Very happy with the wheels also Ultegra DI2 is so great, i come from Shimano 2300, so it's big change! The brakes are also much, much better than i've had before.

All in all a great bike/buy!
  • That's very pretty, love the black/green combo! I was tempted by their aluminium frames, does it seem stiff enough for you?

2300 to 6870 is a hell of an upgrade!
    Rose X-Lite CRS 3100
    Focus Cayo AL
  • GregBoys
    GregBoys Posts: 4
    @KoenM - Great choice - mine's almost the same, apart from saddle, bar tape.
    I assume you have the medium cage rear derallieur (GS ?) to cope with the 32t rear casette?
    I wish I'd specced the same, as I have some brutal hills near me that I have to grind up. I know, I know, I should just get fitter.
  • KoenM
    GregBoys wrote:
    @KoenM - Great choice - mine's almost the same, apart from saddle, bar tape.
    I assume you have the medium cage rear derallieur (GS ?) to cope with the 32t rear casette?
    I wish I'd specced the same, as I have some brutal hills near me that I have to grind up. I know, I know, I should just get fitter.

@gregboys Well it's just usefull to have an extra gear if u need it, u don't have to use it.
    And yeah it's a medium-cage (or long-cage as there are only 2 these days), if u pick a 11-32 cassette they change it to a long cage. And u can put a 11-28 on a long cage but u can't put a 11-32 on a short cage, that's mostly why i did it, so i have all the options available.

@slap_my_bass_up
    Hell is it stiff, i never had a carbon bike but to be honest, i wouldn't know what i would do with more stiffness.
    And yeah when i saw that this bike (with the DI2) was €300 off i knew i've had to buy it.
    I was looking at the 2015 model with normal ultegra and the anodized black frame, this leftover was only in green but it's growing on me, the green is not to much. I'm not to much of a bikesnob so i first look at what i get for my money, after that the looks, but that's not to important for me.
  • seguinkt13
    seguinkt13 Posts: 12
    I have ordered my all black X Lite CRS wih cosmics back in March.

I have a question for anyone in the USA who as ordered with a credit card.. When did you card get charged; wen did it show up in your bank statement?

I appreciate the help!

I hope to get m bike late this month. I will post pictures when I get it!! :mrgreen:
  • sanspoof
    sanspoof Posts: 111
    What bar tape is this??

I know it is black satin sort of stuff, is it fizik? I would love to know to adorn my steed with this and get rid of the not very nice faux leather look...

:mrgreen: