Rose Owners/Lovers Only Show us your bikes please

Comments

• plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    nammynake wrote:
    CQpmD1dB.jpg

That's like what I have just bought, albeit different colour and without those nice wheels. What's the verdict, mines arriving hopefully Thursday?
  • nammynake
    nammynake Posts: 196
    Not had chance to ride it yet. Weather has been rubbish.
  • snappygear
    snappygear Posts: 212
    ~Smashing looking bike, what made you choose that particular model and spec?
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,636
    Want some 50mm rims to go with mine, yours looks great.
  • nammynake
    nammynake Posts: 196
    snappygear wrote:
    ~Smashing looking bike, what made you choose that particular model and spec?

Reviews were sparse but I took a punt based on the spec. Great value for money at £800 including 11-spd 105 groupset, plus I got a £100 for the wheels as a I swapped for the Reynolds I already had. This will be my race bike and for fast training rides/chaingangs etc. I have another German bike (Canyon) which I'll use for longer/hillier days out.

Basically man maths dictated I need another bike. I'm not kidding myself that I'll be any faster than on my beaten up Allez.
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    Lovely looking bikes, great spec., just wish they'd sort out their product lines/simplify their range a bit.
  • Can someone tell me which of the rose bikes models are set up for comfort,long riders ? Similar to the canyon endurance and giant defy I suppose. Thanks.
  • plodder73
    Yes their endurance models are either the CGF carbon or GF aluminium. They are also doing a new range of aluminium and carbon disc models called the cdx and DX which are road bikes with the same geometry as the CGF/GF.

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/products/bik ... -team-cgf/

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/products/bik ... /xeon-cdx/
  • snappygear
    My order now says 'Item being prepared for shipment!' Any idea how long it will take to arrive now?

Rob
  • plodder73
    Within a week definately.
  • snappygear
    Now it has changed back to Order Processing again!

Hopefully they haven't taken payment if the bike isn't built!! :roll:
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,636
    Just phone them, it'll be a system glitch and they'll give you the full picture.
  • snappygear
    I've dropped them a line, not too worried if it comes this week or on the original date in 4 weeks time, it'll be worth the wait I'm sure! :D
  • snappygear
    LOL now it says 9 weeks! That would make it a total of 13 weeks... ber-limey!
  • snappygear
    Actually, I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with Rose at mo as they have taken the payment and on their Terms and Conditions it says the payment won't be taken until the bike is ready to ship....so a shipping time of 9 weeks and taking payment doesn't feel right.

Have been in touch with Fin and he is looking into it.....proper grumpy now...probably end up cancelling order if they put the delivery back again... :(
  • mattbarnes
    mattbarnes Posts: 295
    As there have been a lot posts recently regarding order waiting times etc (you have my sympathies), I thought I'd mix it up a bit by posting a picture of my Rose after a few upgrades. It's now boasting 2015 Mavic Ksyrium SLR's, 2015 Rotor 3D cranks and a Specialized Romin Pro.

p5pb12108279.jpg
    p5pb12108277.jpg

For those of you on the waiting list, hang on in there, it's worth the wait.
    Society is like a stew. You have to stir things up now and again otherwise the scum will rise to the top.
  • snappygear
    mattbarnes wrote:
    As there have been a lot posts recently regarding order waiting times etc (you have my sympathies), I thought I'd mix it up a bit by posting a picture of my Rose after a few upgrades. It's now boasting 2015 Mavic Ksyrium SLR's, 2015 Rotor 3D cranks and a Specialized Romin Pro.

p5pb12108279.jpg
    p5pb12108277.jpg

Good looking bike! What model and kit is that? What bike were you riding before and how does it compare? Nice to see one out in the wild!!!!

:D
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    16931630436_78cde67f32.jpg

Here's my Rose Xeon CW3100 Di2

On the cusp of ordering one of these.. How long was the wait? Noticed all are now green compared to a couple of weeks ago.
  • mattbarnes
    snappygear wrote:
    mattbarnes wrote:

p5pb12108279.jpg
    p5pb12108277.jpg

Good looking bike! What model and kit is that? What bike were you riding before and how does it compare? Nice to see one out in the wild!!!!

Its a Xeon CRS 4400 running SRAM Red (there's full spec list in an earlier post). I rode a Cervelo S1 before this which I really liked but prefer the Rose. They're difficult to compare as the Cervelo was an alloy, aero framed bike but I like the carbon Xeon which is a lot lighter and stiffer and accelerates alarmingly quickly. By way of another comparison, my 'winter' bike is a Planet X Carbon Nanolight but the Rose still wins it by a country mile in my opinion as the materials, build quality and ride is far superior. It's just so smooth, light and fast.
    Society is like a stew. You have to stir things up now and again otherwise the scum will rise to the top.
  • snappygear
    mattbarnes wrote:
    snappygear wrote:
    mattbarnes wrote:

p5pb12108279.jpg
    p5pb12108277.jpg

Thanks for the thoughts. What made you choose this particular model over say the X-lite?

Its a Xeon CRS 4400 running SRAM Red (there's full spec list in an earlier post). I rode a Cervelo S1 before this which I really liked but prefer the Rose. They're difficult to compare as the Cervelo was an alloy, aero framed bike but I like the carbon Xeon which is a lot lighter and stiffer and accelerates alarmingly quickly. By way of another comparison, my 'winter' bike is a Planet X Carbon Nanolight but the Rose still wins it by a country mile in my opinion as the materials, build quality and ride is far superior. It's just so smooth, light and fast.

Thanks for the thoughts. What made you choose this particular model over say the X-lite?
  • mattbarnes
    I had been looking for a frame to replace the Cervelo and this came up in the classified section on here. I had read the good reviews and it seemed like too good an opportunity to miss so went for it. It was/is in mint condition and for the sake of a few grams over the x-lite (this comes in at 15.2lbs with pedals and cages etc) I'm more than happy with it.
  • snappygear
    mattbarnes wrote:
    I had been looking for a frame to replace the Cervelo and this came up in the classified section on here. I had read the good reviews and it seemed like too good an opportunity to miss so went for it. It was/is in mint condition and for the sake of a few grams over the x-lite (this comes in at 15.2lbs with pedals and cages etc) I'm more than happy with it.

Sounds like a good deal! Best colour combo too!
  • Yeah I don't usually like the stealth finish, but that is lovely!

btw, the x-lite crs I ordered just changed from 4 weeks to 8 weeks!
    Rose X-Lite CRS 3100
    Focus Cayo AL
  • snappygear

Hey there, what size frame and spec of xlite did you order?
      Yep thats what happened to me!

Started at 8 weeks, got down to 4 then went back up to 9!! :roll:
    • Carbon/Yellow X-Lite CRS 3100 with yellow decal Cosmics.
      Rose X-Lite CRS 3100
      Focus Cayo AL
    • GiantDance
      GiantDance Posts: 129
      mattbarnes wrote:

p5pb12108279.jpg
      p5pb12108277.jpg

Lovely looking bike, What skewers are you using, am looking for a red pair?
      Moda Prima 2013
      Giant Defy Advanced 1 2014
      Rose Pro DX Cross-3000 'MB' - STOLEN
      Langster SF 2015
    • snappygear
      snappygear wrote:

Hey there, what size frame and spec of xlite did you order?
        Yep thats what happened to me!

Started at 8 weeks, got down to 4 then went back up to 9!! :roll:

And now back down to 3 weeks, which puts it back to the very original build date of 04/05
      • Same! 3 weeks! I wonder why it changes?
        Rose X-Lite CRS 3100
        Focus Cayo AL
      • mattbarnes
        Lovely looking bike, What skewers are you using, am looking for a red pair?

They're Superstar Components Carbon-Ti quick releases. They're £27 at the moment and weigh in at 47g. Perfectly good they are too.
      • snappygear
        Same! 3 weeks! I wonder why it changes?

Looks like out bikes will be built about the same time! :P