Torm

Comments

• navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    Torm wrote:
    Lancew wrote:
    I would say they might be a little bit short.

I'm 6 dead and I find my sleeves a LITTLE lacking in length. Everything else about it I love.
    It's always difficult getting the sizing right on a jersey, for example the same size chest can be found on people from under 5 foot to well over 6 foot and so I tried to find the right middle ground for sleeve length. I have increased them once a while back but I'm thinking about making the sleeves a little longer again, how much longer would you like to see the sleeves ?

I sympathise. Torm sleeves suit me perfectly (I'm 5' 9.5") but I find the Rapha sleeves, on my one Rapha jersey, slightly too long. Short of doing a range of sleeve lengths (like Charles Tyrwhitt does with business and dress shirts) you have little chance of making it right for everyone.
  • Torm
    Torm Posts: 234
    Rollemynot wrote:
    Looking at a new SS jersey.... what have they done to their website.

Will still buy a Torm though
    Yes we've had a few IT issues recently so have had to put up a temporary website...not ideal but a shiny new one will follow which will be better than the first one !
  • yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    That's good news, I thought something drastic had happened! Might be an idea to say it's temporary somewhere?
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,500
    Are you going to do any more in yellow/black?

I love the style/fit/comfort, but the other half insists on bright colours (see Avatar).

Limited edition orange awesome btw - full zip def the way to go.
  • Ooo! Hadn't seen those headtubes. They look lush. Will order one of those next week to review.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Torm
    yellowv2 wrote:
    That's good news, I thought something drastic had happened! Might be an idea to say it's temporary somewhere?
    Good idea...I'll sort that now.
  • Torm
    Are you going to do any more in yellow/black?

I love the style/fit/comfort, but the other half insists on bright colours (see Avatar).

Limited edition orange awesome btw - full zip def the way to go.
    No plans for yellow and black...well not this year.

I really like the orange too...I was a tribute to my first road bike which was orange!
  • Torm
    Ooo! Hadn't seen those headtubes. They look lush. Will order one of those next week to review.
    I've not taken mine off this week...it's bloody freezing in Broadstairs !
  • Torm
    I've now made the sleeves on the new stock of the long sleeve jerseys a little longer as requested, I've also 'nipped' the necks in a little to keep the cold out.
  • courtmed
    courtmed Posts: 164
    Think I'll be placing an order as soon as I can decide between a black/white T7 or the limited edition orange LE2 :D
  • Any Merino wool bibs on the horizon? Ibex seem to be the only ones @ 90% Wool.
  • Torm
    We'll not be doing bibs...we want to focus on the waist up !
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,302
    Just got a T5 in Claret... awesome looking jersey... went for a small instead of medium this time and fits like a glove
    left the forum March 2023
  • navrig2
    Just got a T5 in Claret... awesome looking jersey... went for a small instead of medium this time and fits like a glove

Nice. They have certainly broadened the colour choice and I think this thread has helped with that.

Great jerseys for UK cycling - get yourself one (or two).
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Any Merino wool bibs on the horizon? Ibex seem to be the only ones @ 90% Wool.

This, but with a non rapha like mark up.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Navrig2 wrote:
    They have certainly broadened the colour choice and I think this thread has helped with that.

Yup - I keep visiting the site based upon the enthusiasm I see on here but I find the colour palette totally uninspiring - sensible but incredibly dull. I can't bring myself to buy anything to try partly because I know that I will always choose another jersey to wear. And, what's worse is that, I don't consider myself someone that is at all fussy about what I wear. But it feels like the cycling equivalent of shopping for clothes in M&S of old: A beige jumper might be sensible and well-made but...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • navrig2
    Navrig2 wrote:
    They have certainly broadened the colour choice and I think this thread has helped with that.

Yup - I keep visiting the site based upon the enthusiasm I see on here but I find the colour palette totally uninspiring - sensible but incredibly dull. I can't bring myself to buy anything to try partly because I know that I will always choose another jersey to wear. And, what's worse is that, I don't consider myself someone that is at all fussy about what I wear. But it feels like the cycling equivalent of shopping for clothes in M&S of old: A beige jumper might be sensible and well-made but...

They are probably what one would describe as muted compared to the pro-team jerseys which, by design as adverts, are colourful. Not sure I'd say dull. I have the yellow/Italian flag, royal blue, black Torm's. Apart from the black the colours themselves are reasonably vibrant. I've stopped wearing pro-team shirts and the two I have are consigned to the turbo. For warm holiday riding I've bought a few other makes (Sportful and Xteondo) which are very bright and made from the same stuff as the pro-shirts. I find the sportwool too warm in hot weather.

Most of the guys I ride wear black so with Torm jerseys I am the most colourful.
  • meanredspider
    Navrig2 wrote:

They are probably what one would describe as muted compared to the pro-team jerseys which, by design as adverts, are colourful. Not sure I'd say dull. I have the yellow/Italian flag, royal blue, black Torm's. Apart from the black the colours themselves are reasonably vibrant. I've stopped wearing pro-team shirts and the two I have are consigned to the turbo. For warm holiday riding I've bought a few other makes (Sportful and Xteondo) which are very bright and made from the same stuff as the pro-shirts. I find the sportwool too warm in hot weather.

Most of the guys I ride wear black so with Torm jerseys I am the most colourful.

I don't wear pro team stuff either. I can't quite put my finger on what it is about the colours and the colour combinations but it just reminds me of M&S men's clothes of old. Of course, that's just an opinion. I think many of the other small brands have a better eye for colour. Again, just an opinion.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • navrig2
    Navrig2 wrote:

I don't wear pro team stuff either. I can't quite put my finger on what it is about the colours and the colour combinations but it just reminds me of M&S men's clothes of old. Of course, that's just an opinion. I think many of the other small brands have a better eye for colour. Again, just an opinion.

I can see that with some of the shades but not all.

The quality and comfort is really good. I should be on commission!!
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Is there any difference in fit between the range? As in race or more sportive cut. I'm looking for more relaxed fit. I think the colours look good.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    meursault wrote:
    Is there any difference in fit between the range? As in race or more sportive cut. I'm looking for more relaxed fit. I think the colours look good.

The full zip ones are a bit more generous than the short zip. Medium in full zip fits me well (82-ish kg and 5'10", bit of a belly), close but not uncomfortable. The short zip is full on race fit for me.
  • ugo.santalucia
    There is a point in a sober colour palette... firstly I actually like them and secondly even motorists seem to like them.

There is a close correlation between road rage and what you are actually wearing... I've never been abused when wearing Torm, I have been abused when wearing a 1998 Polka Dot jersey (the one worn by Jaja...)
  • navrig2
    johngti wrote:
    meursault wrote:

The full zip ones are a bit more generous than the short zip. Medium in full zip fits me well (82-ish kg and 5'10", bit of a belly), close but not uncomfortable. The short zip is full on race fit for me.

I agree that the zipped versions are more generous, not sure I'd describe the short zip as race fit though, just a bit tighter.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Navrig2 wrote:
    johngti wrote:
    full on race fit for me.

I agree that the zipped versions are more generous, not sure I'd describe the short zip as race fit though, just a bit tighter.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the section in bold. With a belly like mine, it doesn't take a lot to have to describe a jersey as "race fit" ;)
  • meanredspider
    It's not the fact that it's a "sober" colour palette just the choice of sober colours and the colour combinations. That's why I can't quite put my finger on it - I'm able to articulate what it is about the colours. And it's not all of them but it is most of them.
  • ugo.santalucia
    It's not the fact that it's a "sober" colour palette just the choice of sober colours and the colour combinations. That's why I can't quite put my finger on it - I'm able to articulate what it is about the colours. And it's not all of them but it is most of them.

They are all colour + white bands... pretty basic and old-Rapha like... they also make some colour + black ones, but I find the latter a bit naff
  • navrig2
    johngti wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:
    johngti wrote:
    full on race fit for me.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the section in bold. With a belly like mine, it doesn't take a lot to have to describe a jersey as "race fit" ;)

Noted :lol:
  • courtmed
    courtmed Posts: 164
    Navrig2 wrote:

:mrgreen:
  • Geo555
    Geo555 Posts: 96
    Any Merino wool bibs on the horizon? Ibex seem to be the only ones @ 90% Wool.

You can get some wool bib shorts here.

https://www.rosasport.co.uk/pella-vinta ... horts.html
  • ExCyclist
    ExCyclist Posts: 336
    Great to see Torm doing well. I used to wear their jerseys years ago and when I was blogging about cycling and my bike repair business I pushed them via my blog a lot.

Sadly I had a sort of mental breakdown after a messy divorce and lost all I'd built up then flogged all my Torm jerseys and basically all my cycling kit either on here or elsewhere. Hence Ex-Cyclist.....

I think I'll replace with some of their newer jerseys and caps. Really liked their gear.

Footnote: Just tried to register with Torm so I can buy some bits and bobs. Doesn't seem to be working when I log in yet all info is correct. Sort it out Torm :D