Lady Van Garden

16c1kjo.jpg

A while ago

30jmu6s.jpg

jicbo6.jpg

Comments

• joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Nice opening gambit there. Shame there isn't a piccy of Gallopin's better half too, nor a broken Spesh on a roofrack.

Really looking forward to this, someone has to start attacking soon if they want to depose his Nibs. I really hope one of the Frenchies can get a head on.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Joelsim wrote:
    Shame there isn't a piccy of Gallopin's better half too

oh go on then, Mrs Gallopin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ4fNzLin5Q

not a stage for Mr Rousse though.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I'm feeling the need to balance the thread somewhat...

BsxSMWwCMAANKsa.jpg

That's better.

(Two t's in English, better has two 't's in English, confusing. Can't spell anymore.)
    Correlation is not causation.
  • UncleMonty
    UncleMonty Posts: 385
    Looking forward to this stage, Chamrousse looks brutal 27km at 7%

Port said that last weekends climbs didn't really suit him, said he was looking forward to Friday & Saturday's stages, sounds like he's targeted this one, Sky have had a quiet week, it's now or never for Port, Sky to drill it hard tomorrow !
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,538
    Tbh, I'm not sure I need loads of pics of pretty women in a spoiler thread. Whether or not they're partners of famous riders. It all feels a bit laddish, which isn't really a good atmosphere. I'm all for cheese, wine, beer, geology and livestock though.

Xx
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • joelsim
    I'm feeling the need to balance the thread somewhat...

BsxSMWwCMAANKsa.jpg

That's better.

(Two t's in English, better has two 't's in English, confusing. Can't spell anymore.)

I'm not big on him ATL, you can have him :shock:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    UncleMonty wrote:
    Looking forward to this stage, Chamrousse looks brutal 27km at 7%

Port said that last weekends climbs didn't really suit him, said he was looking forward to Friday & Saturday's stages, sounds like he's targeted this one, Sky have had a quiet week, it's now or never for Port, Sky to drill it hard tomorrow !
    This is exactly his sort of thing. He has the acceleration of an oil tanker, but he'll keep going all day.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    These spoiler threads are improving.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Tbh, I'm not sure I need loads of pics of pretty women in a spoiler thread. Whether or not they're partners of famous riders. It all feels a bit laddish, which isn't really a good atmosphere. I'm all for cheese, wine, beer, geology and livestock though.

Xx

I'm glad someone's said something - can I add a small +1?

Looking forward to this stage, not least as it's the last one I'll actually get to see any of (thanks to my colleague booking off the whole of August, it's the only chance to get away with the kids for a week) - I'll be limited to reading about it in the press, more or less.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    edited July 2014
    Not sure the cat 1 suits Porte, it has gradients all over the place.
    What about the weather forecast?
    36C at the foot of this:
    PROFILKMS.png
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • joelsim

Xx

Looking forward to this stage, not least as it's the last one I'll actually get to see any of (thanks to my colleague booking off the whole of August, it's the only chance to get away with the kids for a week) - I'll be limited to reading about it in the press, more or less.

Eurosport Player? £5 isn't it?
  • joelsim
    Not sure the cat 1 suits him, or the weather forecast.
    36C at the foot of this:
    PROFILKMS.png

Bardet said as much this evening, tough at the bottom and easier up top. I suspect that will mean no big gaps amongst Nibs, Valverde and Porte. Perhaps more so Mollema, Costa.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729

Xx

Well said, I always think the same, it's as if people haven't seen a woman before and any old reason to post a photo of a pretty girl is greeted with air-headed objectification. I couldn't give a flying sh1t who the rider's girlfriends are, if one has said something relevant to the race that's been quoted then fine, post that. It's just a bit sad and laddish.

Oh, definitely more x's though all threads need more x's!

xx
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Joelsim wrote:

Xx

Deepest Wales, camping, with no mobile signal... It's great for the kids, but piss-poor planning on my part (the tour is an annual event - who knew?)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Not sure the cat 1 suits Porte, it has gradients all over the place.
    He's not going to be worried about attacks on the cat 1. That's Nibali's business. No-one significant is going to move that early and dropees have plenty of road to get back on.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    edited July 2014
    The first climb bottoms out about 12 kms from the foot of Chamrousse:
    PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.png

So, too far for everybody except the Europcart nutters.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • OPQS
    OPQS Posts: 187
    Joelsim wrote:

Cycling Fans is free.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    edited July 2014
    Folks talk of the cat1, but the profile shown in the thread so far is the final HC climb. Or am I missing something?

Edit -Apart from the latest from Blazing Saddles that is.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099

Xx

+1
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    Another day avoiding the entire internet for me tomorrow. I have a day off on Sunday though, which is just my luck.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • OPQS
    mfin wrote:
    Well said, I always think the same, it's as if people haven't seen a woman before and any old reason to post a photo of a pretty girl is greeted with air-headed objectification. I couldn't give a flying sh1t who the rider's girlfriends are, if one has said something relevant to the race that's been quoted then fine, post that. It's just a bit sad and laddish.

xx

Some people might consider livestock, geology and cheese a bit sad. Live and let live surely?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    People keep talking about teams needing to put Nibali under pressure, but I can't see how they can; AG2R and Sky are the only teams with two or more riders around the top 10, and with the best will in the world Astana aren't going to panic about Thomas (5 mins) or Nieve (6 mins) going up the road, and I don't see AG2R sacrificing Bardet or Peraud.

Gonna have to beat Nibali straight up.
  • above_the_cows
    edited July 2014

Xx

I apologise for the lack of bovines in today's thread. It was a busy one.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    OPQS wrote:
    mfin wrote:

xx

Some people might consider livestock, geology and cheese a bit sad. Live and let live surely?

The internet offers an amazingly exhaustive catalogue of breasts. It doesn't have quite so many reliably interesting factoids about livestock, geology and cheese.
  • above_the_cows
    OPQS wrote:
    mfin wrote:

xx

The internet offers an amazingly exhaustive catalogue of breasts. It doesn't have quite so many reliably interesting factoids about livestock, geology and cheese.

Yes thank you. If I want to look at boobs I'll just glance down. I come here for cycling. Bernie and the bunny rabbit however... I mean how can you not go ahhhh, now there's a man secure in himself and are you also not wondering if his bunny love has impacted on his relationship with Froome a teensy bit...?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Turfle wrote:
    People keep talking about teams needing to put Nibali under pressure, but I can't see how they can; AG2R and Sky are the only teams with two or more riders around the top 10, and with the best will in the world Astana aren't going to panic about Thomas (5 mins) or Nieve (6 mins) going up the road, and I don't see AG2R sacrificing Bardet or Peraud.

Gonna have to beat Nibali straight up.

It's always going to come down to beating him straight up, but if you accept that you can't do it and race for a podium you won't get anywhere. So you throw whatever ammunition you have at the problem and hope for a mistake.

This won't happen, but imagine a situation where Porte sandbags a bit whilst Thomas ups the pressure at the front - Nibali goes with him, but Thomas is riding deliberately to blow up halfway on the final climb. Porte then ends up bridging to Nibali, and having paced himself better, takes time. Riders are only human, and the temptation may be there to go harder than you should if someone you should be beating easily seems to be riding past you... If you don't have the cards, you bluff.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    OPQS wrote:
    mfin wrote:

xx

True, but sometimes some people reading learn a little something or engage their brain, I know stacks of people will prefer being lecherous over yet another irrelevant photo of a girl though as there's such a vast mix of people on here. Live and let die xx
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    edited July 2014
    OPQS wrote:
    mfin wrote:

xx

Yes thank you. If I want to look at boobs I'll just glance down. I come here for cycling. Bernie and the bunny rabbit however... I mean how can you not go ahhhh, now there's a man secure in himself and are you also not wondering if his bunny love has impacted on his relationship with Froome a teensy bit...?

It won't be the first relationship to have foundered because of a rabbit...
  • The_Boy
    Anyone taking bets on color of thingumy's trousers as featured on lemond on cycling?
  • OPQS
    mfin wrote:
    Live and let die xx

That was a good movie. I do enjoy a little James Bond from time to time.