TDF Stage 10-Mulhouse-La Planche des Belles Filles *spoiler*

Comments

• thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited July 2014
    http://www.bt.dk/cykling/fuglsang-conta ... paa-roeven

- "He took a big risk on the descent. On poor and wet asphalt he passed me and several others and went like 15km/h faster than us. One km later he went down on his arse and elbows."
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Daniel Friebe ‏@friebos · 49m
    Contador's second bike WAS broken because it had fallen off the Tinkoff team car early in stage, BUT he never used it.

Odd then, that on the TV coverage it seems that they waited until after his crash to put it in the boot...

A damage limitation exercise, I would think.
    gznd.jpg

Plastic bikes …
    Question is was that damage from the crash? From what the other riders have been saying it didn't sound like the frame just suddenly snapped under him...
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    If Brompton did race bikes....
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    adr82 wrote:
    If he is not in the Vuelta then it will be disaster or disasters. That is too much to countenance right now.

1215291746fBAM3m4.jpg

That's a lovely horse.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYzVMcgWhg

Without opening the link is that "My Lovely Horse"?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    adr82 wrote:
    If he is not in the Vuelta then it will be disaster or disasters. That is too much to countenance right now.

1215291746fBAM3m4.jpg

That's a lovely horse.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYzVMcgWhg

Without opening the link is that "My Lovely Horse"?

@ProCyclingStats 1m

Other riders with tibia fracture this year: 1. @giovisco @Movistar_Team on 19.01. - return 14.04 2. @taylorphinney @BMCProTeam on 26.05

@ProCyclingStats 1m

Conclusion: probably end of season for @albertocontador @tinkoff_saxo #TDF

Sorry FF.
  • Daniel Friebe ‏@friebos · 49m
    Contador's second bike WAS broken because it had fallen off the Tinkoff team car early in stage, BUT he never used it.

Odd then, that on the TV coverage it seems that they waited until after his crash to put it in the boot...

gznd.jpg

Plastic bikes …

Yup, that was clearly on the Planche Des Belles Filles, so proof that this was the bike Contador's was riding. There was also the live commentary that mentioned the bike breaking in two. As I recall, Contador was climbing at the time he crashed, so how he might have been descending prior to the this also seems to be something of a red herring.
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    gznd.jpg

Plastic bikes …
    Enough about the bike. Why have Tinkoff hired Riccardo Ricco as a mechanic?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • adr82 wrote:
    Question is was that damage from the crash? From what the other riders have been saying it didn't sound like the frame just suddenly snapped under him...

If that was the case I am sure that the team would have just said that, rather than coming out with a load of BS and lies...
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • Art Vandelay
    Daniel Friebe ‏@friebos · 49m

gznd.jpg

Plastic bikes …

Yup, that was clearly on the Planche Des Belles Filles, so proof that this was the bike Contador's was riding. There was also the live commentary that mentioned the bike breaking in two. As I recall, Contador was climbing at the time he crashed, so how he might have been descending prior to the this also seems to be something of a red herring.

No. Contador crashed taking a risk on a descent and hitting a pothole. Bike undamaged. The bike that cracked was one that fell off a roof rack. Been said quite a few times now!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    daniel mcmahon ‏@cyclingreporter · 7m
    Specialized: Roche's "bike was laying on the road; it was run over by a car causing it to break

http://t.co/VL6hF6Am6j
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    edited July 2014
    If that is AC's broken bike then wouldn't it have some of his dickhead graphics on it?

Plus, why is the chav in the photo trying to nick it, can't he tell it's broken?
  • Art Vandelay
    Specialized: Roche's "bike was laying on the road; it was run over by a car causing it to break

The one in the pic is the one that fell of the roof rack. Roche has the McLaren job. Contador's bike didn't break though!
  • Yup, that was clearly on the Planche Des Belles Filles, so proof that this was the bike Contador's was riding. There was also the live commentary that mentioned the bike breaking in two. As I recall, Contador was climbing at the time he crashed, so how he might have been descending prior to the this also seems to be something of a red herring.

No. Contador crashed taking a risk on a descent and hitting a pothole. Bike undamaged. The bike that cracked was one that fell off a roof rack. Been said quite a few times now!

No. Look at the caption 'La Planche Des Belles Filles, Direct'. That is the the bike was on when climbing the Planche Des Belles Filles, which is why they are putting it in the boot on Planche Des Belles Filles!
  • above_the_cows
    Contador didn't crash on Les Planche des Belles Filles so why would they be putting his broken bike in the boot on the Les Planche des Belles Filles?
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643

I thought Roche was on the orange Mclaren one...
  • above_the_cows
    Anyway enough of that silliness, more importantly.

Le Tour de France ‏@letour 2m

.@Tiagomachado85 est repêché par le jury des commissaires / @Tiagomachado85 still in the race #TDF

Yay!
  • Art Vandelay
    Contador didn't crash on Les Planche des Belles Filles so why would they be putting his broken bike in the boot on the Les Planche des Belles Filles?

Yep. Contador didn't make it to Les Planche.
  • Art Vandelay
    Good call :)
    RichN95 wrote:
    Abandon Thread!

UnnaturalPastelAustrianpinscher.gif
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Gazzetta says Nibali's VAM on the last climb was 1872... not good news... :?
    left the forum March 2023
  • dish_dash
    edited July 2014

.@Tiagomachado85 est repêché par le jury des commissaires / @Tiagomachado85 still in the race #TDF

Yay!

Chapeau to him! And good of the commissaires to let him stay on...
  • Art Vandelay
    Ok, Ok. His bike was broken!
  • above_the_cows

And how would they know that?
  • Art Vandelay
    BshVGRICcAAnl77.jpg
    It's a fair cop.
  • OPQS
    OPQS Posts: 187

Sorry, was does that mean please?
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    It would of been beautiful to see Contador v Nibali on that climb. C'est la vie.

I would love to see J Rod getting himself into top form for another tilt at the Vuelta, Worlds, Lombardy combo.
  • above_the_cows
    dish_dash wrote:

Yay!

Hopefully he can rest up tomorrow and keep going once play resumes on Wednesday.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    gznd.jpg

Anyone else thinking "Man thats a £2600 S-works Tarmac SL4 frameset. I wish could afford to snap it, fold it into the back of the car and get another Tarmac SL4 from the car roof"?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325

Also worth pointing out that the bike Contador was waiting by, knee bleeding and unstrapped, is conspicuously in one piece - it certainly hasn't disastrously split asunder.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545

I'm sure they take into account all the variables , including Scarponi's tow, when deriving a power estimate. Not.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash wrote:

Yay!

Hopefully he can rest up tomorrow and keep going once play resumes on Wednesday.

Looks like he had his team mate Andreas Schillinger with him as they both finished on the same time 43 mins down. Thankfully doesn't affect Cheng's position...