TDF Stage 10-Mulhouse-La Planche des Belles Filles *spoiler*

Comments

• davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    edited July 2014
    nevman wrote:
    Commentary said there was 17 metres of skidmark?Cant imagine how the frame broke yet managed to brake that distance?

The bike wasn't that bad, he tried to climb back on and ride it. Unless that was another bike he had at the side of the road.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,538
    ThomThom wrote:
    Anyone having a go at Astana hasn't got a clue. It's no gift shop.

Only a Danish journo that I've heard so far.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Has Horner jsu arrived or is now glued to Nibs back wheel for 2 weeks?
    M.Rushton
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    davidof wrote:
    narbs wrote:
    Can't help but feel sorry for Nibali as well, not the way he'd want to win if he does go on to do so.

Yeah, whoever wins is always going to have those smart ars*s going: "well it wasn't a real race anyway because Froome and Contador weren't there."

it is a tour for all round riders and good bike handlers, the Nibs and Sagans of the world; not just for who can put out more w/kg on a climb.

Oh give it a rest. Everyone crashes. Even Nibs and Sagan. In fact Sagan crashed twice in one stage. But there is sweet Fanny Adams you can do if your frame brakes.

+1
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    edited July 2014
    Is there likely to be any footage of the incident? Maybe someone will have it on camera and get £250 by sending it in to 'You've been Framed' :):):)
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Machado struggling off the back of the peloton
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Macaloon wrote:
    Poor Nibali.

No Contador, Froome or Quintana. Holding off a rampant (maybe) Tasmanian won't be the same. Deserves better. Porte, on the other hand, will never have a better chance of winning the Tour.

Poor Nibali ? come on get real lol If he wins his Palmares will say 2014 Tour De France winner end of and everything that goes with that.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Paulie W
    mfin wrote:
    Kwiat needs to capitalise on this today. Astana have a job to do to stop this and they are looking like they are riding like is needed.

I think the break is going to start losing time pretty quikcly on the last two climbs.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    The only way I can respect a Nibali win is if he goes off solo on several occasions and gains good time.

I really and truly thought Contador was going to destroy everyone including Nibali even with his time loss.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Paulie W wrote:
    davidof wrote:
    narbs wrote:
    Can't help but feel sorry for Nibali as well, not the way he'd want to win if he does go on to do so.

Yeah, whoever wins is always going to have those smart ars*s going: "well it wasn't a real race anyway because Froome and Contador weren't there."

it is a tour for all round riders and good bike handlers, the Nibs and Sagans of the world; not just for who can put out more w/kg on a climb.

Oh give it a rest. Everyone crashes. Even Nibs and Sagan. In fact Sagan crashed twice in one stage. But there is sweet Fanny Adams you can do if your frame brakes.

+1

and another +1
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Damn adverts

af68747508f98a1e1bdc4b01c5a4585b_zps61dfe596.jpg
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    edited July 2014
    Well that was an appauling time to go to the shop!!!

Came back and the thread was on 25 pages and thought something disastrous must have happened...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    So now Nibali will win against a weak field just like how he did at the Giro. Was so looking forward to Froome v Contador. Can't wait for the Vuelta now. Froome v Contador v Quintana.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    davidof wrote:
    nevman wrote:
    Commentary said there was 17 metres of skidmark?Cant imagine how the frame broke yet managed to brake that distance?

The bike wasn't that bad, he tried to climb back on and ride it. Unless that was another bike he had at the side of the road.

It was a bike he got off the roof of the car :roll:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Paulie W wrote:
    davidof wrote:
    narbs wrote:

+1

I heard she goes better in the wet.

(too soon?)
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Is St. David casting aspersions over on Twitter?

"I know the TdF is all very dramatic today, but has anybody else noticed Tony Martin is putting time into the peloton on his own. Again"
  • mrushton
    mfin wrote:
    Is there likely to be any footage of the incident?

Doesn't appear so - just him climbing back on with his shirt torn and manfully pedaling on
    M.Rushton
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Bsgn7J-IQAAKUOC.jpg:large
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited July 2014
    Where does this thing about a snapped frame come from? I'm pretty sure it broke because of what seemed to be pretty hard fall.. Not that unlikely, eh..?
  • Paulie W
    The only way I can respect a Nibali win is if he goes off solo on several occasions and gains good time.

I really and truly thought Contador was going to destroy everyone including Nibali even with his time loss.

Nibs has already 'earned' respect for his performance so far.
  • curium
    curium Posts: 815
    Could actually be a harder tour for Nibs to win now because there would have been a number of riders who had discounted themselves for the win due to the presence of Contador and won't now show NIbali the same level of respect.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    and a TdF without your respect is hardly a win at all............
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    curium wrote:
    Could actually be a harder tour for Nibs to win now because there would have been a number of riders who had discounted themselves for the win due to the presence of Contador and won't now show NIbali the same level of respect.

Like who? Cheng?
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    davidof wrote:
    nevman wrote:

It was a bike he got off the roof of the car :roll:

Blimey.He went further than I thought.

(taking 5 year Allez back to LBS for X-rays now)
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    dougzz wrote:
    and a TdF without your respect is hardly a win at all............

he already had 3mins on AC...
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643

Surely several MORE occasions... he's already taken two stages impressively by the neck...
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    mfin wrote:
    Is there likely to be any footage of the incident? Maybe someone will have it on camera and get £250 by sending it in to 'You've been Framed' :):):)

I see what you did there :wink:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    edited July 2014
    Bakunin wrote:
    curium wrote:

Like who? Cheng?

a378206e-ad9d-4318-a31a-7c877e462f13_zps335ef01e.jpg
    Correlation is not causation.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Don't wish any harm on Bertie personally and he can liven up a a race but not i am convinced his absence is really a cause for the pathetic wailing and gnashing of teeth going around. Its a bike race ffs it happens day in day out deal with it.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • mrushton
    mfin wrote:
    Is there likely to be any footage of the incident?

Doesn't appear so - just him climbing back on with his shirt torn and manfully pedaling on
    M.Rushton