TDF Stage 10-Mulhouse-La Planche des Belles Filles *spoiler*

Comments

• thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Anyone having a go at Astana hasn't got a clue. It's no gift shop.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Poor Nibali.

No Contador, Froome or Quintana. Holding off a rampant (maybe) Tasmanian won't be the same. Deserves better. Porte, on the other hand, will never have a better chance of winning the Tour.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    Not sure about those saying the tour will now be a snoozefest, could just as easily become more animated as the race is now even more open.
    Mañana
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    ThomThom wrote:

+ a lot. Because of Kwiat up the road
  • Break still has 4'30''. Tony M hasn't been off the front in the last ten minutes.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    All going fast.....

Break is 4' 28"
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    Back on the stage. Tony Martin doing some fantastic work for Kwiatowksi (sp!)

Europcar have renault team cars - hadn't noticed that before
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    The big winners as people have mentioned is the Vuelta.

Contador v Froome v Quintana

All going 150%.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    Are there any previous winners left? Or are we now certain a first time winner? Can't think of one.
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    narbs wrote:
    Can't help but feel sorry for Nibali as well, not the way he'd want to win if he does go on to do so.

Yeah, whoever wins is always going to have those smart ars*s going: "well it wasn't a real race anyway because Froome and Contador weren't there."

it is a tour for all round riders and good bike handlers, the Nibs and Sagans of the world; not just for who can put out more w/kg on a climb.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • ManOfKent
    ManOfKent Posts: 392
    Have I missed anything? ;)

What happens if Nibs falls off?
  • mfin
    pb21 wrote:
    Not sure about those saying the tour will now be a snoozefest, could just as easily become more animated as the race is now even more open.

Of course it won't be, it will be more interesting now.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Break still has 4'30''. Tony M hasn't been off the front in the last ten minutes.
    I haven't seen him off the front for about half an hour now, except when Purito and TV went after the KOM points!
  • mulletmaster
    mulletmaster Posts: 502
    ThomThom wrote:
    I didn't see anyone having a go at Astana, just a load of folk gutted for Bertie. Astana were just doing their job with no real alternative.
  • RideOnTime
    Tony Martin has had a nutritious snack.

Couldn't see what. :o
  • OPQS
    OPQS Posts: 187
    Nibali obviously has a healthy lead; ignoring stage wins, who is his biggest GC threat?
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    pb21 wrote:

Are people saying that? I think they're just saying it would have been nice to see Contador and Nibbles fighting it out.

We now need to turn our attentions elsewhere but I for one need a minute to process this.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    So the main contenders (all 2 of them) will likely roll in now with the only racing coming from the break. Big drama, low entertainment for such a promising stage. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    did he break the special lightweight bike that needed to last until the last 10k?
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Commentary said there was 17 metres of skidmark?Cant imagine how the frame broke yet managed to brake that distance?
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • curium
    curium Posts: 815
    Any word from Oleg yet? He was bullish on this one but clearly hadn't bargained with Lady Luck
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    pb21 wrote:

Are people saying that? I think they're just saying it would have been nice to see Contador and Nibbles fighting it out.

We now need to turn our attentions elsewhere but I for one need a minute to process this.

I think the peleton need one too.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    What a shame :(

For Bertie, for whoever wins it, for all of us who were looking forward to him giving it some in the mountains
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Whoever wins this Tour it will have been a monumental effort. Even so, it will still be remembered as the year that Froome and Contador retired.
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    Macaloon wrote:
    Poor Nibali.

No Contador, Froome or Quintana. Holding off a rampant (maybe) Tasmanian won't be the same. Deserves better. Porte, on the other hand, will never have a better chance of winning the Tour.

I am not sure the riders / sponsors will be as bothered as the fans about the level of competition. In football nobody cares if a team gets an easy run to the final they just remember the winner. (I don't know this for sure though as I am a newcastle fan)
  • RideOnTime
    edited July 2014
    small boy in yellow jersey

man with umbrella

bend

highway people stopped to look

woman in pink (probably French).

63.5 km 4' 28"
  • mfin
    Kwiat needs to capitalise on this today. Astana have a job to do to stop this and they are looking like they are riding like is needed.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    davidof wrote:
    narbs wrote:
    Can't help but feel sorry for Nibali as well, not the way he'd want to win if he does go on to do so.

Yeah, whoever wins is always going to have those smart ars*s going: "well it wasn't a real race anyway because Froome and Contador weren't there."

it is a tour for all round riders and good bike handlers, the Nibs and Sagans of the world; not just for who can put out more w/kg on a climb.

Oh give it a rest. Everyone crashes. Even Nibs and Sagan. In fact Sagan crashed twice in one stage. But there is sweet Fanny Adams you can do if your frame brakes.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    pb21 wrote:
    Agree with this, there will be a lot of racers thinking they can now get on the podium and so prepared to really have a go.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Apparently the FTSE just lost 100 points....