FJS Posts: 4,820
    Booze:
    bradfield_brewery_logo.jpgdsc_0015s.jpg
    On the route

DSC01499.JPG
    Pretty much on the route
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,149
    Chapeau, FJS. Plus the bonus of 'Bradfield' being the name of my old school (although it's in Berkshire).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,641
    They had a Kelham Island beer in my local the other week. Which is good going in Cheshire
  • theicebun
    theicebun Posts: 15
    I know it's short notice but does anyone have 2 spare tickets for York racecourse on Sunday ?

Thanks
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    Some scamp has painted "Where's Wiggo?" on the road at the top of Holme Moss, I had a good laugh riding over that this morning.

It's huge too, hard to read as you ride up, but should stand out well from the helicopter :)
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYF5DnPpJQ4

Well Giant Shimano certainly didn't find it easy...
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Whats the weather over there like and the forecast for the finale? Pouring rain in London...

Kittel has a customised Giant Propel with yellow which looks pretty good. Contador saying how yesterday and today there will be climbs steeper than most of Europe and today the peloton will be split into several groups. Rogers did great with the sprint so Tinkoff car is positioned well enough. Madiot saying today is a UK Amstel Gold.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    A short video from Geraint and Bernie discussing today's stage. Similar predictions to many of you for the break content and winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzyYhvAIIKU
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Whats the weather over there like and the forecast for the finale? Pouring rain in London...

Kittel has a customised Giant Propel with yellow which looks pretty good. Contador saying how yesterday and today there will be climbs steeper than most of Europe and today the peloton will be split into several groups. Rogers did great with the sprint so Tinkoff car is positioned well enough. Madiot saying today is a UK Amstel Gold.

Its fantastic.
    Cheers.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820

Dry and some sun now. Forecast is dry all day apart from minimal light shiwer end of the afternoon
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Cavendish will not start (via Pat L)
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,478
    Got myself a comfy spot on the steepest part of Jaawbone Hill just after the bridge. Surprised how easy it has been, I know I got here early but park roadside a few hundred metres from the top of Jawbone and had my pick of anywhere. Was going to watch the early stages in the fan hub but it wasn't open! Book out and hoping the bladder holds out for the next 6 hours!
  • TMR
    Further to Iain's post.

29.png
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    The good thing is yesterday's crash didn't have any impact on who was going to win the stage (which also makes the whole thing seem even more pointless). It has, however, affected today's racing dynamics. Hopefully Gerrans will find something later in the race.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Pross
    Fairly gusty breeze on Oughtibridge, could be a bit of a cross wind in the more exposed areas if my sense of direction is working.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Nicked from the 2014 gear thread:
    FocusZing wrote:
    BrzRXJ5CcAAEO1e.jpg
    2x.jpg
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    ^ What I love about that is that the bike doesn't look that big, then you notice the worlds smallest bottle cages to give it true perspective.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Pross
    Some jobsworth just tried getting us to move from a comfy perch on the verge. Telling people to stand in fields behind walls. Good luck with that, even with a few dozen of us no-one has gone, I'm not moving so thousands of late comers can stand in front!
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Reckon today will be even busier than yesterday along sides of the roads, just hope some idiot trying to take a selfie doesnt cause a major pile up.
  • TMR
    Pross wrote:
    Some jobsworth just tried getting us to move from a comfy perch on the verge. Telling people to stand in fields behind walls. Good luck with that, even with a few dozen of us no-one has gone, I'm not moving so thousands of late comers can stand in front!

Go on Son! You tell them! :)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited July 2014
    Millar and Ned are good.

NB: today is all about Sagan going for yellow, and millars hat". "You gonna wear that hat all day?"

DM (deadpan): all day

*silence*
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Phil getting emotional about crowds numbers, respect.

Gerrans with Ned very diplomatic. He's gone up in my estimation.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • TMR
    I have to say that I have massively enjoyed David Millar commentating. I know he was worried about what he'd do after his career as a rider came to an end, but that path is clear in my view. Brilliant.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fo those that care, Cavendish also out of the ultra-chipper that is the Commonwealth games.

Requires an operation to fix his shoulder.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • TMR
    Phil getting emotional about crowds numbers, respect.

Gerrans with Ned very diplomatic. He's gone up in my estimation.

Can't believe this is his 42nd TdF! Amazing. #salute
  • TMR
    iainf72 wrote:
    Fo those that care, Cavendish also out of the ultra-chipper that is the Commonwealth games.

Requires an operation to fix his shoulder.

:cry:
  • typekitty
    typekitty Posts: 188
    Kittel looks like he's going to burst through his jersey.
  • TMR
    Kittel looks amazing in yellow. A real Teutonic power house.
  • TMR
    typekitty wrote:
    Kittel looks like he's going to burst through his jersey.

Calm down dear! ;)