Tour de France stage 2 York-Sheffield *Spoiler*

Comments

• milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Ha ha. Is that supposed to be a cow and a pig?
  • jamie1012
    jamie1012 Posts: 171
    The ITV pre-and post coverage is great, David Millar in particular. Although i didn't think he was that tall.. and his hat today is awful... must have lost a bet.

Is it me, or is ITV's coverage becoming a little bit more confident about its audience? I've not watched a huge amount, but got the impression that there's less worrying about having to explain words like 'peloton' or how the jerseys work. Adding Millar to the mix also seems to have introduced a slightly smarter level of analysis - I particularly appreciated his observation that Froome's high finish may have been planned as it would move their car up the field for today.
    Nah, Liggett spent a fair bit of time on that yesterday.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Harworth looking lovely in the sun.
  • gsvbagpuss
    gsvbagpuss Posts: 272
    Might actually tune in for the post coverage - woulmdlove to hear Millar on a proper stage. Phil and Paul are forcing an eurosport sub for the live stuff though

So,what odds a OPQS stage raiding party today? Shame Kwia is short on form
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    What are all those SHU landies about!!! what a waste of money.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    jamie1012 wrote:
    The ITV pre-and post coverage is great, David Millar in particular. Although i didn't think he was that tall.. and his hat today is awful... must have lost a bet.
    Is it me, or is ITV's coverage becoming a little bit more confident about its audience? I've not watched a huge amount, but got the impression that there's less worrying about having to explain words like 'peloton' or how the jerseys work. Adding Millar to the mix also seems to have introduced a slightly smarter level of analysis - I particularly appreciated his observation that Froome's high finish may have been planned as it would move their car up the field for today.
    Who explained it to him?
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Feel sorry for Sean Kelly having to sit alongside that complete knobend kirby talking shyte laughing at his own jokes.....over to phil & paul its gotta be better than kirby.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    jamie1012 wrote:

ITV don't really control that pair though, do they? I thought for budgetary reasons they share footage with the American stations?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    209rhc2.jpg
  • Coquard's come to race = fair play
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Some stupid donkey kept tapping Kiry on the bum. Leave Kiry alone. Grrrr.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Can't see how anyone can pick Kirby ahead of Phil & Paul if you are in for the long haul of a full stage. He would drive me crackers
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Ot: anyone having trouble with ITV HD over freesat? Picture break up yesterday and today is bad; lots of freezing and sound break up too. The HD channels aren't affected and ITV SD/ITV4 are ok.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    hammerite wrote:
    Time to turn the internet off. Got too much work to do to watch the race and type about it at the same time.

HOW can you have work to do today...p $$ poor planning etc :D:D

Jacked in work last year to do teacher training. Last week of course this week, lots to hand in mid week to finish off. When I looked at our time table I was gutted as I knew straight away that I'd never get to Yorkshire. I can watch the race and work, I just can't watch the race, type about it and work!

Looking at the way the riders are strung across the front it makes it look like the riders are almost neutralising the race.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    Is that a new colnago bike? The back brake seems to be down by the BB. Or have I missed something?
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Yellow Peril
    Good behaviour and spacing from the crowd on this climb
    @JaunePeril

• just switched from Phil and Paul to C and sean - much better' rythmn'
  • Yellow Peril
    just switched from Phil and Paul to C and sean - much better' rythmn'

you'll be back...
    @JaunePeril

• Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Can't see how anyone can pick Kirby ahead of Phil & Paul if you are in for the long haul of a full stage. He would drive me crackers

Just asked myself that :D - Kirby must have something on one of the big cheeses at eurosport to get this "gig" and David Harmon said he was available again. even take Ant McCrossan.....eh well Umm on 2nd thoughts 8)
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    The ad breaks are better on ES.

There's a sentence I never thought I'd type.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    My memory might be failing me but.

Isn't this stretch of road where the "Highest Pub" in England is.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,538
    :roll: Some bloody idiot in a team jersey standing right in the middle of the road waving a bag about.

Oh.

As you were.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Fun fact: many churches in Yorkshire have had their roofs removed for the tour to give a better view in for the helicam.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Two riders on different teams stopped in the middle of the road, bottles everywhere. Phil: "This looks like a puncture"...
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Awww. A BMC rider just gave his feed bag to a young lad. Nice to see.
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Jesus, his rear mech was hanging off, it wasn't a f***ing puncture Phil
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Movistar with a proper can of Coke where Saxo have to make do with a little one.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • Yellow Peril
    Jens taking a very sticky bottle
    @JaunePeril

• Yellow Peril
    k-dog wrote:
    Movistar with a proper can of Coke where Saxo have to make do with a little one.

Oleg probably collects the little ones for the team when he flies
    @JaunePeril