Nationals *spoiler*

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,661
    Owain Doull was flying. Can't hear the results but he must have taken it.
  • Pross
    BrDyR0lIIAEcWz1_zpsbebbf577.jpg~original
    You got me in the background leaning on the barriers in the blue checked shirt!
  • neonriver
    neonriver Posts: 228
    Pross wrote:

Doull second.

Unofficial result: 1. Scott Davies 27.45 2. Owain Doull 28.09 3. Dan McLay 28.44 from BC twitter
  • Pross
    neonriver wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Doull second.

Unofficial result: 1. Scott Davies 27.45 2. Owain Doull 28.09 3. Dan McLay 28.44 from BC twitter

Cracking ride by Scott, an old clubmate of mine has been singing his praises for a while now.
  • Pross
    Amy Roberts must have gone quite well.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Bit of a PR coup for Wiggle Honda having their rider first off. Presume she'll be on the leader board for a while, maybe?
  • Le Commentateur
    Armitstead a non-starter apparently.
  • Pross
    Bit of a PR coup for Wiggle Honda having their rider first off. Presume she'll be on the leader board for a while, maybe?
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,236
    No Armitstead.
    I'm at about 2 miles into course at top of nasty little 10% hill: Pooley already up on top 20 by my reckoning... Achibald and Rowsell next...
  • Le Commentateur
    edited June 2014
  • ocdupalais
    Last hill at 1km absolute killer - Pooley looks miles ahead (missed timings).
  • Le Commentateur
    edited June 2014
    Pooley takes the lead: 30.18

Champion!
  • Pross
    Big off by the Sigma sport rider on the fast descent through the golf course slid about 20m but seemed OK. Trott not happy with an NEG bike that got in the way!
  • Pross
    Double post!
  • Le Commentateur
    Pross wrote:
    Big off by the Sigma sport rider on the fast descent through the golf course slid about 20m but seemed OK. Trott not happy with an NEG bike that got in the way!
    Seems she also had to do a late switch to road bike after the TT bike failed UCI regs (saddle/bars position, that couldn't be rectified). Not a great day for her, but at least had a go – I think some other rider DNSs may have been the same issue.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,008
    Seems she also had to do a late switch to road bike after the TT bike failed UCI regs (saddle/bars position, that couldn't be rectified). Not a great day for her, but at least had a go – I think some other rider DNSs may have been the same issue.

Is this a particular problem for the women's geometry? Seems a basic mistake for the top riders.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Proper chuffed for Scott Davies. That's a big ride.
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

Yes, no 6 had a big argument claiming the wooden jig had cleared it and then the official one failed it. I guess they aren't racing UCI events and got caught out.

Scandal as Dame Sarah Storey throws a tantrum on the podium and launches her champagne at photographers ;-)
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Pross wrote:
    Why isn't Froome riding the Nationals? Has he ever done one since joining Sky?
    How many has Wiggins done?

Contador not done any since 2011
  • Le Commentateur
    Pross wrote:
    Hadn't realised Maryka was riding. Starting in a few minutes.
    Finished 13th, I believe (squinting at BC's tweeted photo)

*edit*
    Nevermind, results here (Excel spreadsheet): https://t.co/redirect?url=http://t.co/1 ... id=27+1268
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Turfle wrote:
    Proper chuffed for Scott Davies. That's a big ride.

Big future ahead, too....
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,471
    when are the fellas on?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    1830 until 2000 hrs I think.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Is this a particular problem for the women's geometry? Seems a basic mistake for the top riders.

This is almost certainly the only event where most riders will have to ride a UCI set up, pretty much all other domestic UK racing has road bike only TT's for fairness, and CTT rules are of course completely different. The current rules are also new this year (although should've just made it easier to get a legal ride)

Maryka had to convert her road race bike back to TT (it is a TT frame, a P2 SL) as she couldn't get a UCI legal seat post for her P3, so that was only done on sunday afternoon after the RP TT. She also couldn't use her disk covers (they're banned) and has a different saddle position to her normal one for comfort, so even for someone who knew the rules and only built the bike 2 days ago she still had to make changes during the bike check.

Good ride by Maryka though, well inside the top 30 considering she wasn't in the original start list...
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • ocdupalais
    Many of the women looked woefully over geared for the final climb. Archibald was one of the least worst offenders and probably built a good part of her deficit to Pooley right there.
  • outcastjack
    outcastjack Posts: 237
    Storming ride by Pooley, really impressed by Archibold too, is there anything that girl cannot do on a bike?
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,550
    Bit premature / cheeky of British Cycling giving away a Wiggo National Champs top with their email today.

http://cmp.dotmailer.co.uk/BM6-2KQ3O-0DDMIKL1AF/cr.aspx?v=2

wiggonatchamps.png