Canyon Endurace CF

Comments

• gcwebbyuk
    gcwebbyuk Posts: 1,926
    Does anyone know how to get hold of a replacement grommet for where the front mech inner cable enters the frame?

I recently had a LBS replace the front mech barrel adjuster as the one that came on the bike had cross-threaded. In doing so, they seem to have lost this grommet, so I now just have a hole that the cable goes through.

The grommet can be seen in this pic:
    Endurace-CF-Press-Fit-Lager.jpg
  • mlgt
    mlgt Posts: 366
    Hows everyone gotten on with theirs? Mines reached a year now and covered just shy of 6000 km which is mainly commuting mileage.

Had a recent service and stripped the bike down, new shifter cables and brake cables. The usual brake pads every are changed pretty much every 8-9 months as I ride all weather.

Bike feels fantastic and light again. I also upgraded some bar tape and installed some 3T Ergonova bars to try out.

Havent done any more upgrades apart from try out some different tyres. Im running Open Pave on them at the moment and quite like them compared to conti GP 4000's.

The DTSwiss are stored to be used in the winter time as I purchased some Zip 30's to try out and so far they are quite good and comfy. Granted they are a touch heavier but at speed they require less effort :)

Hope everyone is enjoying theirs :)
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    Hows everyone gotten on with theirs? Mines reached a year now and covered just shy of 6000 km which is mainly commuting mileage.

Had a recent service and stripped the bike down, new shifter cables and brake cables. The usual brake pads every are changed pretty much every 8-9 months as I ride all weather.

Bike feels fantastic and light again. I also upgraded some bar tape and installed some 3T Ergonova bars to try out.

Havent done any more upgrades apart from try out some different tyres. Im running Open Pave on them at the moment and quite like them compared to conti GP 4000's.

The DTSwiss are stored to be used in the winter time as I purchased some Zip 30's to try out and so far they are quite good and comfy. Granted they are a touch heavier but at speed they require less effort :)

Hi mate, I'm thinking of buying an Endurace CF in the next 6 months. What's the geometry like, I know it's supposed to be an endurance bike but is it very relaxed or still quite racey? What's the build quality been like? Also, what's the ride like, does it iron out bumps well?
  • mlgt
    It would be good to have a look at the geometry of what you currently ride and compare the frames.
    The bike can be set as relaxed or racy depending on how flexible you are. Build quality is fine, read the online reviews and make a judgement yourself.

In regards to the ride, depends on your weight and what type of terrain you ride.
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • Hello,
    Looking at buying a new bike (my trusty Specialized Allez Sport has been written off), really like the look and value of the Canyons.

Was looking at the Ultimate CF SL 9.0 (£1849) and then noticed the Endurace CF 9.0 (£1699). I'm not an expert when I comes to components etc. I know bits and pieces.

Would anybody know if the Ultimate is worth the £150 extra? How do the wheelsets compare DT Swiss RR21 Dicut V Mavic Ksyrium Elite WTS?

Thanks
  • dstev55
    Hello,
    Looking at buying a new bike (my trusty Specialized Allez Sport has been written off), really like the look and value of the Canyons.

Was looking at the Ultimate CF SL 9.0 (£1849) and then noticed the Endurace CF 9.0 (£1699). I'm not an expert when I comes to components etc. I know bits and pieces.

Would anybody know if the Ultimate is worth the £150 extra? How do the wheelsets compare DT Swiss RR21 Dicut V Mavic Ksyrium Elite WTS?

Thanks

You're paying a bit extra for the lighter frame of the Ultimate to be honest, specs are similar. Wheel wise I'd prefer the Dt Swiss wheels but that's just personal preference. The thing to consider the most is the geometry - the Ultimate is a race orientated bike whereas the Endurace will still be quick it is intended for more comfort when putting the miles in.
  • Booked the Canyon endurace cf 7.0 and the shipping date is for first week of February 2016 ... Thats a long wait
    How is the bike ... Is it worth the wait ?
    I was also confused between Colnago CZ Zero ..
    How is the colnago CZ zero compared to Endurace cf .. Both comes with 105 groupset
  • Hows everyone gotten on with theirs? Mines reached a year now and covered just shy of 6000 km which is mainly commuting mileage.

Hi mate, I'm thinking of buying an Endurace CF in the next 6 months. What's the geometry like, I know it's supposed to be an endurance bike but is it very relaxed or still quite racey? What's the build quality been like? Also, what's the ride like, does it iron out bumps well?

Hi All, Ive had my CF9.0 since Feb and Ive covered about 2.5k Miles on it loving every minute. It was an upgrade to an Allu Tiagra equipped Scott which wasn't exactly a bad bike but the Endurace is in another league. I originally intended to put the Canyon away for Winter and use the Scott but when I got back on the old bike I just didn't enjoy it anymore after the Canyon and have since sold it. Lets see how we get through the Winter although I don't tend to take it out in the wet. The DuraAce groupset is sweet and slick, one finger shifts and braking are effortless - Ive no idea why people would want to go Di2? Ive made a few changes/fixes. Ive switched the saddle for one that suits me (I wish Canyon could offer more options or sell one without, saddles are such a personal thing) I needed a new bottom bracket at 1500 miles which is a bit early and I replaced the worn chain at 1300 miles to a Dura Ace one which is much slicker than the original KMC. I've had the front DT Swiss R23 front wheel trued just the once. They are a lovely set of stock wheels and although I might try some Aeros in the Spring since I mainly ride on flat/rolling stuff there isn't any reason to change them, especially since the overall package is so light - certainly light enough to have a decent crack at Lake District passes when I have been up there.
    Regarding the geometry it is certainly on the racy end of the scale for endurance bikes but still very comfortable. It is defiantly no slouch too, I have bagged a few Strava KOMs both short sprints and longer pulls which is no mean feat at my age. Overall I'm very impressed! The only disappointment is that my wife bought a Giant/Liv in the Summer which weighs more than a car and the disc brakes are rubbish compared to my Dura Ace, if only she had known Canyon were about to produce a Female specific Endurace!
  • mrtn
    mrtn Posts: 24
    ... I needed a new bottom bracket at 1500 miles ...

Hi OleCranky, do you mind sharing what was wrong with the bottom bracket. What were the symptoms?
  • ham76
    ham76 Posts: 26
    Does anyone know how to get hold of a replacement grommet for where the front mech inner cable enters the frame?

I recently had a LBS replace the front mech barrel adjuster as the one that came on the bike had cross-threaded. In doing so, they seem to have lost this grommet, so I now just have a hole that the cable goes through.

The grommet can be seen in this pic:
    Endurace-CF-Press-Fit-Lager.jpg

Isn't it the part no.11 in this BOM ?

https://www.canyon.com/downloads/supportcenter/EnduraceCF_R32_14.pdf

Maybe you can copy the part number from the BOM and drop an email to Canyon Customer Service ?
  • gcwebbyuk
    Yep all sorted now, they sent one through free of charge.
  • ham76
    ham76 Posts: 26
    Yep all sorted now, they sent one through free of charge.

Great you sourced it ! I'm always too slow.
  • gcwebbyuk
    I really can't fault Canyon's customer service. I contacted them via email and within a day or two of email exchange to get the right part, it was in the post and here the very next day!
  • Pouts
    Pouts Posts: 34
    How heavy are you guys riding this bike?

I note on the canyon website that the upper limit is 120kg. I weigh 101kgs and was advised by canyon I would be better off on the aluminium version. Be interesting to see how that compares to other people riding the bike currently???
  • nollag
    nollag Posts: 13
    hi, I'm at 100kg now but was well above that I think when I got it last sept/oct, lovely machine to look at and ride
  • I'm 96kg and have not had any problems.
  • dstev55
    I'm looking at getting this bike amongst a couple of others. However I really want a 52/36 crankset instead of 50/34. So I decided to e-mail Canyon and this is their response:

Unfortunately this is not possible.

Canyon bikes are only available in the colours and equipment ranges indicated on Canyon.com

Every autumn we decide which models and with which range of equipment we are going to offer in the coming season. It is then decided how many units of each model are to be produced. We then order the appropriate number of components from the relevant manufacturer. The resulting price advantages are then passed on directly to our customers. It is therefore not possible to deviate from the standard models.

Exceptions to this rule are changes to gear ratios on the cassette, handlebar width and stem length, which we will be more than happy to do at just a small charge. Please make this clear in the 'Notes' section of your order. This is not available for all bikes.

How rubbish is that? So you can change the cassette but not the chainrings. Also, I want the 9.0 SL, so I personally think 52/36 is more suitable for a bike weighing 6.7kg. Not very impressed to be honest, and this is definitely swaying me towards a Rose bike if I decide the Ultimate is too aggressive for me.
  • Guys, any luck on fitting mudguards on your endurace bikes? I've been trying to find some that fits and it's not going very well. Got these raceblades but they dont cover where you need it on the back wheel and is kind of rubbish. The crud roadracer mk 2 dont fit at all. Any suggestions??
  • mlgt
    Guys, any luck on fitting mudguards on your endurace bikes? I've been trying to find some that fits and it's not going very well. Got these raceblades but they dont cover where you need it on the back wheel and is kind of rubbish. The crud roadracer mk 2 dont fit at all. Any suggestions??

Having used the SKS long for over a season they were my go to set. But over time the quick release does rub and finally fail.

Ive been impressed and have purchased the upgraded version, granted you have mentioned they don't cover the brake area etc but do plenty to eliminate overspray from the wheels.

I tend to just install the rear one as the front one has caught my foot a few times. I will update on how I get on with the newer versions in a few weeks!
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • Hi Guys - my headset bearings in my 2015 Endurace CF 9.0 SL have gone, both the top and bottom bearings. Does anyone know which exact size bearings these are where I can source some? None of my local bike shops stock them.

Thanks in advance
  • gcwebbyuk
    Has anyone fitted DI2 to their endurace?

I see the latest models are available in DI2 but not sure if they use the same cable routing for the wires.
  • Just ordered a CF 7.0. End of March/Early April for shipping supposedly. We'll see.
  • Szepy
    Szepy Posts: 1
    Hi gents,

I'm new here and first of all thanks for all the really valuable info and experience you already provided me about Enduraces!

I've ordered my Endurace CF 8.0 back in October - but as you may also know the all ordering/production system of Canyon was messed up at those days. So the first estimated delivery for November wasn't real - and I got my next date (29th February - 4th March) in December. I hope they can keep it, it was quite a long wait. The bad new is that when they've charged me last Wednesday I've asked them and they told me middle of March as shipping date - let's hope for the best and not to have any more delay since the weather around is starting to be very tempting to get outside. :)

I'm 187cm tall and have 88cm inseam - I've an average, almost 50-50% of body height/leg length proportion. Since this inseam length is right in the middle of L size I've chosen it without worrying about it too much. On the other hand I already own 2 other Canyon Bikes, a 2013 Yellowstone 6.9 in XL and and 2014 Nerve 8.9 in L - and the latter fits really well. So I assume they've used the same measure models and worst case a small change in stem length / rearranging the spacers would help.
    Also I've lost about 15kgs in 1 year from fat and doing also crossfit exercises so I expect myself to be more flexible a bit later. :)

That's my first road bike since my childhood - about 30 years ago, so I'm pretty excited about it. I'm not really flexible and the roads around here are in really bad shape so it seemed to be the best choice. I've also looked after other endurance models, like from Speci, Cube, Rose, Giant, etc. but the price tag and the reviews convinced me that Canyon would fit my needs the best. Let's see!

Have a nice ride and continuous back wind! :)
  • mlgt
    How is everyone getting along with the Endurace?

Since upgrading the SKS mudguards with the bungee cords its been great. However now with more rain I am wanting to install a front guard.

However I cant find it. I think at the time I had trouble fitting a front mudguard on, what mudguard are you using?

Before I get bashed. My bike is my do it all bike and commuting bike. :)

Upgrades on the bike? I have upgraded to a hanbuilt wheelset. Got rid of the DTSwiss after 2 seasons and also the Zipp 30's that I ran in the summer.
    Had the bike serviced and just changing brake pads every 9 months.

I was tempted to save money and buy the disc brake version, but now with brexit, its pushed the price close to £3k.
    So I am planning to look elsewhere.
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • gcwebbyuk
    Have you looked at the Crud RoadRacer: http://www.crudproducts.com/roadracer-mk3/ - I've not used them myself, but heard good things about them.

I'm still loving my bike. I've added a Stages power meter, Dura Ace C24 wheels and changed the saddle to a braided Arione.

I've been tempted to upgrade it to DI2 shifting, but not sure how easy this would be on the mechanical shifting frame - I see the new SLX models are available with DI2, but think it may be have different internal cable points - plus also not sure where I would hide the battery?
  • gcwebbyuk
    I have just swapped the chain rings on my crankset, and noticed this gap between the bottom bracket and the frame:

IMG_0598_zpstnlpdvd5.jpg

Has anyone else noticed it - is it by design, or is it a fault?

I've emailed Canyon, and waiting on a reply, but would be interested to see if anyone else's bottom bracket is similar
  • That looks like the plastic cup isn't completely in the bottom bracket shell, mine sits completely flush on my Endurace, can pull the cup out?
  • mlgt
    How is everyone getting on with theirs?

I recently sold mine and got the disc brake version. Ordered in mid June and it arrived last Thursday :)

Amazing and stiff. Cant wait for the rain!
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • redscouse
    redscouse Posts: 157
    Had my endurace since August 2014.. Been a great bike apart from the creaks.. The bloody creaks... The dtswiss rear bearing went in 6 months.. New bearings develop creaks eventually swapped wheels out t for cero ar30 which have been brilliant.. And do Swiss have gone onto a spesh allez winter bike.. Not a sound?? 3 bottom brackets later the seatpost is driving me nuts with creaking.. Using correct torque and carbon paste for lube.. No change.. Driving g me nuts
    riding a canyon endurace
    spesh allez
  • mrtn
    mrtn Posts: 24
    redscouse wrote:
    the seatpost is driving me nuts with creaking.. Using correct torque and carbon paste for lube.. No change.. Driving g me nuts

The double leaf-spring like seatpost of Canyon?