Canyon Endurace CF

Comments

• Yes I'm on the cusp of small and medium when I rang them this morning they said medium.
  • Fraggy
    Fraggy Posts: 12
    Roubaixtom wrote:
    5ft 9 83cm inseam! is medium going to be the right size? Whats the stand over hight? and with 83cm inseam will i have enough seat post showing?

Would like to order in the next week or two

Thanks

I am 177cm tall, 84cm inseam. Basically I have 1cm of seat post showing from the minimum insertion mark. That's for my Endurace CF Medium size.

Cheers.
  • minimum or maximum insertion? as in its 1cm from the maximum it can be inserted?
  • Fraggy
    Roubaixtom wrote:
    minimum or maximum insertion? as in its 1cm from the maximum it can be inserted?

I mean maximum.
  • Fraggy
    Just a word of advice: Please do not apply any kind of wax or polish onto the matte paint of the Canyon frame.

I applied wax unto mine and it left white residue which was unwashable with soap, but I manged to get it off though. I emailed Canyon and they said they are in process of reviewing their manual and hope that would help.
  • gcwebbyuk
    gcwebbyuk Posts: 1,926
    Bike dispatched today - can't wait for it to arrive!
  • mlgt
    mlgt Posts: 366
    Fraggy wrote:
    Just a word of advice: Please do not apply any kind of wax or polish onto the matte paint of the Canyon frame.

I applied wax unto mine and it left white residue which was unwashable with soap, but I manged to get it off though. I emailed Canyon and they said they are in process of reviewing their manual and hope that would help.

Best way is to get some light car compound to remove the wax. I did the same on the top tube, but spent some time removing it and then re applying over it as I hadn't properly cleaned my bike before hand so it encapsulated the dirt on the frame.

Now the bike is mega clean and only needs rinsing off and a light wipedown to be good as new even after heavy rain and dirt from the roads.
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • gcwebbyuk
    gcwebbyuk Posts: 1,926
    Is the VCLS2.0 post compatible with carbon railed saddles? I am about to buy an Antares, and might be able to get a good deal on the R3 braided vs the Kium from my LBS.
  • kenong
    kenong Posts: 21
    gcwebbyuk wrote:
    Is the VCLS2.0 post compatible with carbon railed saddles? I am about to buy an Antares, and might be able to get a good deal on the R3 braided vs the Kium from my LBS.

Hi there, I have checked with Canyon. They sent me an email saying no, the VCLS 2.0 seatpost cannot clamp those slightly bigger carbon braided rails. I reckon you can still do it, maybe you can put a bit more fibre paste for more friction.
  • kenong
    Hi there,

I just wanted to post here regarding my experience so far with Canyon.

I ordered a Canyon Ultimate CF SL and the process of this was smooth at first.

I was using the pre-payment option and there was not any issue with that neither.

Now it comes to the delivery portion.

You can see it here> http://wwwapps.ups.com/tracking/trackin ... 6701329180

The whole delivery process was a big cock up. UPS clearly missed the delivery due to their mistake. I have proof of this on their email correspondence with me. Let me know if you want to see this big chain of emails, I can post it here.

So they finally delivered it on the next day, which I have to sneak out from work to receive it...

Next, to my horror when the shipment arrives, the box is in a very bad shape. You can refer to the attached pictures. I even got charged for a customs duty clearance fee. I had to pay and I had not opened the box yet at the time of this post as I had to rush back to work.

The fork is....forked out at the bottom. The saddle is scratched. Everything inside the box seems loose. As I said, I had not opened it yet. Awaiting formal response from Canyon.

I hope Canyon will improve on this and use a better delivery option. I am from a far away country, it cost me USD $400 just for the shipping.

I am truly heart broken on this matter as I looked highly on Canyon for providing a world class service, coming from Germany. I count myself lucky as I was initially wanted to get something higher end, CF SLX. Glad I had not made that decision.
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    That's terrible and it's happened before somewhere on this thread. Don't open it just get them to collect it and refund you the full amount.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    That's very inconvenient and annoying. However, it appears to be the fault of the shipping company rather than Canyon so I'm not sure why you are blaming them? The box was obviously treated very roughly.
  • mlgt
    mlgt Posts: 366
    Roubaixtom wrote:
    Yes I'm on the cusp of small and medium when I rang them this morning they said medium.

So whats the update? Did you click on buy???
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • Im waiting until the london bike show on the 13th Feb where i can see one.

Its now between this or a Rose CGF

cheers
  • croftr
    croftr Posts: 1
    Evening,

Long time lurker here! Seriously considering one of these to upgrade from an Allez, and I was just wondering whether anyone has one that lives in Scotland? Would love to see one in the flesh before buying, if it was an L or XL even better!
  • Fraggy
    Hi kenong,

Pls report on damaged goods to the carrier asap. The customs duty should be re-declared as complete racing bicycle. Hope you get it sorted out.
  • kenong
    Fraggy wrote:
    Hi kenong,

Pls report on damaged goods to the carrier asap. The customs duty should be re-declared as complete racing bicycle. Hope you get it sorted out.

Thanks mate. Yes I lodged a report to the customs regarding this. And UPS too. Thanks!
  • Hello,

This is my first post here and my problem is urgent because I have to decide between M and S sizes.

I have received my Endurace CF 8.0 size M. I am 176 cm height with 85 cm inseam (it looks like I have long legs). Their PPS and others (competitive cyclist webpage) recommended size M. So I bought M.

When I adjusted saddle height to my notion of comfort, it was set above the minimum level - so I entered the seat post too much inside seat tube. Observing this, I had set the saddle height to the minimum accepted and I did a short ride (1km). Minimum accepted height is 750 mm - BB to saddle (0.883 x 850 (inseam)). I can ride quite ok, the hips are not rocking, but when I stop, I barely reach the ground with both legs. VCLS 2.0 seat post has a minimum height of 155mm. Considering 545mm the seat tube and 50mm saddle height, it results 750mm.

I have contacted Canyon in order to explain them that I feel uncomfortable using VCLS 2.0 seat post at its minimum height and I would like to exchange for an S. Size S has a 35 mm shorter seat tube. Other insignificant differences are crank arm length (170mm vs 172.5) and handlebar width (400 vs 420mm). Stack is 15 mm less and reach is 15mm less too. I have to consider also a shorter stem - 90 instead of 100mm.

I own an old Peugeot road bicycle (1988) since one year ago and most possible, I'd ridden with saddle being low. Sometimes I had some pain in my left knee - in front and above. Saddle too low might be a reason. That's why I feel uncomfortable on Canyon M size.

I've spent more than 12 hours in the last days searching for answers - forums, videos, experts and so on. All the people is saying that 750mm saddle height is right for my inseam. But, in order to feel comfortable, I have to accommodate with the new saddle height. Shall I reach the ground with both feet while standing still on the saddle?

In order to observe the knee angle, I did a photo. It shall be between 25 and 35 degrees. I have attached it. What do you think?

I'm currently not decided if I shall keep M size and accommodate with it or shall I exchange to S size.

I would need a response soon, to figure out what shall I do: to exchange for a S size or not.

Thank you in advance!
  • You have very long legs for your height dude, i'm 187 and have 89-90 inseam... Any ways. touching the ground when sat on the saddle is not even a thing, I don't know why you are stuck on that issue.
    The only thing that is important is how you feel on the bike. Is your hips rocking? if no, ok. When at the bottom of the pedal stroke does your toes point down or are they leveled? should be leveled.

you see the canyon size calculator is only calculating size on your inseam length, that might be something to have in mind. Other things to think once more about regarding sizes: how is the reach of the bike for you? etc

hard to help you out looking at that pic, it look all right, but then again you have jeans and regular clothes on... If you're going to ride with bibshorts the height of the padding adds another 0.5cm to your saddle. put that on and try again. To help you out better: use rollers and film yourself from the side riding, or have a friend film you riding.
  • plodder73
    Can anyone tell me what size cassette is fitted to the CF 8, the 105 one? Also what us the finish like on the frame in each of the respective colours is it a carbon or painted finish, if carbon is it UD or weave. Can't find this out from the site. Thanks in advance.
  • 105 comes with 11-32T cassette.
    Frame is painted.
  • plodder73
    Thanks very much appreciated
  • @Plodder73: When I rode, I didn't feel my hips rocking. But, at the bottom of the pedal stroke, my toes points down. In conclusion it looks like my saddle is just a little bit high - 1cm I think. Unfortunately, it is at the minimum level and for that 1cm I have to change the bicycle for size S.

Canyon site recommends to set saddle height using heel method:
    http://www.canyon.com/en/supportcenter/ ... les_id=148
    If I'm standing with the heel on the pedal, my hips are definitively not leveled. I don't have the possibility to use a trainer but I've did an experiment: Sitting on the saddle and with heels on the pedals, I was pedaling backwards. My hips was obviously rocking.
  • I've made a comparison between S and M sizes - it looks like S is better to me, even if I have 85 cm inseam.
    According to Canyon's PPS, this is what you get:
    Inseam - size
    83 - S
    84 - M
    85 - M
    85 - M
    87 - L
  • tzunoi
    tzunoi Posts: 13
    Q about tire width - what is the maximum tire width that can be put on an endurance? I know that on their site they specify 25 but has anyone run it with 700x28?
  • kenong
    hi all,

following up with my bike's issue... I must say Canyon has been superb on their customer service.

I am thoroughly happy with their response and action for my bike that was kinda damaged during shipping.

I may sound like singing too much praise for them but I am definitely going to get the Aeroad end of this year :)

The only quip about Canyon bikes are that their operation is GMT +1 and being on GMT +8 I felt they should have opened an office here :D

Also, the other thing about Canyon bike is the servicing of the bike... I guess now I will have a reason to learn to service my own bike (with proper tools, ofcourse...)
  • you can put 28mm tyres in there, there's a tread about it on weenies i believe
  • I'm running 28mm Conti 4 Seasons without any problems.

3000+kms so far on my Endurace CF 8, loved every minute!
  • plodder73
    Can I ask a question before I pull the trigger on one that's in stock! I have examined the geometry, I am 6'3 but with relatively short legs and a long body. I have compared the geometry of the XL enfurace with the geometry on my L Giant Defy and I am happy with it apart from the seat tube. I couldn't get a L as I would be too hunched up and the headtube would be too low for an old duffer like me.

I have experimented adjusting the saddle on my Defy to the length of the Endurace seatpost, 595mm plus the maximum insertion of the seatpost 160mm plus saddle and to be honest it's a stretch, my legs are just about straight at the bottom of the pedal stroke, and I would definately have to leap off the saddle when I stop, which is not really an issue.

Is the seatpost unable to be inserted further than that or is that just recommended insertion point? Does the leaf design stop insertion past that point? I need about another 10mm or so, is this going to be possible?
    As I say the L isn't an option for me, any help gratefully received.
  • redscouse
    redscouse Posts: 157
    i'm 6'3 long legs and pps put me on Xl...just. 1cm change in leg and then it was L. I changed my order to an L. the seat post is just 5 ml above max insertion you would not want to force it further especially as its carbon frame. My other bike id a spesh allez. a racier bike stretched out a little more than the endurace...when i put both bikes side by side then seat heights are the same.
    riding a canyon endurace
    spesh allez