Canyon Endurace CF

Comments

• mlgt
    mlgt Posts: 366
    Ive adjusted to the different crank length now, but also over time I have become more flexible so it has worked out well. Have the bike fit and then play around with things as your body will tell you whats not working out for you.

Look forward to an update.
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • gratziani
    gratziani Posts: 46
    I emailed canyon and they have no small or xs left at all for the Endurace cf , reckon they will be ready to order in September with no confirmed date of shipping either so sounds like next year to me.
  • mlgt
    So I sent my wheel back in first week of May and I still have not got my repaired rear wheel back :(
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • vagueyboy
    vagueyboy Posts: 5
    Great News (For Me anyway) !

My bike was due for delivery week 27 and it arrived yesterday... nice and early :-)

I have put it together and plan to get out later today as soon as i finish work (time moves so slowly.........)

can't wait!
  • topslop1
    topslop1 Posts: 11
    No sale to the USA ?
  • gcwebbyuk
    gcwebbyuk Posts: 1,926
    Has anyone replaced the gear cables on their Endurace?

I noticed some of the coating was coming off near the rear mech and bunching around where the inner meets the outer. Can I just buy new inners? Are they easy to fit seeing as the bike has internal cabling?
  • TBlure
    TBlure Posts: 1
    I'm looking at ordering an Endurance AL - very similar geometry but it has an ever so slightly longer seat tube. Anyhow, can someone help me out regarding sizing?

Height: 185cm
    Inseam: 89.5cm - this is where the problem lies. If I enter 89cm, PPS suggests size L; if I enter 90cm, PPS suggests size XL.
    Shoulder width: 48cm
    Torso: 66cm
    Arms: 67cm

I am new to these "relaxed" endurance geometries, as I've exclusively done track riding in the past. On my track bike I have a 58cm top tube, but it's a very different geometry which puts me in a much more aggressive position. Any clues as to which size I should go with?
  • mlgt
    Has anyone replaced the gear cables on their Endurace?

I noticed some of the coating was coming off near the rear mech and bunching around where the inner meets the outer. Can I just buy new inners? Are they easy to fit seeing as the bike has internal cabling?

My shifter cable frayed and I had to sort it out. Took it down to a local bike shop and they had the new park tool thing for internal cables. Pretty impressive. Took him 30 seconds to replace it!

Have a look :)http://www.parktool.com/product/internal-cable-routing-kit-ir-1
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • I'm looking at ordering an Endurance AL - very similar geometry but it has an ever so slightly longer seat tube. Anyhow, can someone help me out regarding sizing?

Inseam: 89.5cm - this is where the problem lies. If I enter 89cm, PPS suggests size L; if I enter 90cm, PPS suggests size XL.

I am new to these "relaxed" endurance geometries, as I've exclusively done track riding in the past. On my track bike I have a 58cm top tube, but it's a very different geometry which puts me in a much more aggressive position. Any clues as to which size I should go with?

No idea, but bare in mind these frames have a really long headtube, so the smaller size will still be quite an upright position, you just may need a longer stem to sort the reach out. The bigger frame the headtube will seem much taller.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mr_katt
    mr_katt Posts: 6
    Figured i'll pop back in with a quick "review" after having the bike for the spring.

I ordered the endurace cf 8.0 but the groupset felt cheap and i sent it back for the 9.0 with ultegra and better wheels. The 8.0 also came with something ridicolous like compact and a 12-32 cassette or something like that. Over kill even for the alps :lol: had to sent it back...

Must say the 9.0 rides like a beast. I've ridden it 1000km and coming from steel bikes it's quite the difference, especially in longer rides. Well i guess that's what it was designed for right ;)

Longest ride is a 300km sportive and it rode like a dream. Some cobble and uneven terrain but mostly tarmac. Managed to average around 28-29km/h the whole thing through without major hassle or pains.

If you search my posts you can see my measurements, i went with L and happy that I did. I was close to the XL but i have very much space to go on the seat post. XL would have been waay to big.

It is fairly relaxed compared to other bikes i've ridden, then again i have the spacers below the stem because i've some neck problems...

Incredible value on the 9.0, the 8.0, maybe not much so. Well it was still nice, but the 105 was feeling a bit cheap. I had my better halfs ultegra bike next to it to compare maybe that's why i felt the difference. The small price difference is very much werf. The wheels seem rock solid, tyres roll awesome and the groupset is very nice, chain only dropped once. Braking is not as good as with campagnolo 11 speed systems but that's most a matter of preference really.

My forks were a bit scratched upon arrival (the fork ends), but i cba-ed to hassle with it cause i really needed the bike for riding. Also i never really got the headset right, i'm thinking sendingt it in to service after the summer. It's rideable but annoying, when i brake i feel play in there. Read that other people had this issue too.

Any ways that's my 5 cents. peace out :)
  • ham76
    ham76 Posts: 26
    ham76 wrote:
    Hi,
    I am new to this forum and am now waiting for my 1st road bike.

This is my story:-
    I ordered Endurace CF 7.0 earlier this month. I am small, 164cm with inseam of 71cm. Needless to say, XS is the frame for me. However, the stem will be changed from 80mm to 90mm and the handle bar width will be changed from 380mm to 400mm. This is because I was lucky man and was able to visit Canyon Koblenz Showroom. I have tried several bikes with different set up. They recommended few modification to the standard XS frame bike.
    My bike is expected to arrive in late April.

Congrats with your order mate! You will love it I'm sure.

Just some questions about your experience in Koblenz, I'm planning on doing the same. Did they basically do a bike fit for you? Also, did you pay in Euros?

Thanks pal.

I am really sorry for late reply.

My bike arrived on 29th of April and I just love it.

They don’t have a state of the art bike fit facility but simply measure you with tape measure and they type it in the excel spreadsheet.
    They then give you advice based on what their “Magic” spreadsheet says.

They don’t have every single bike with all combination in the show room but I believe they have all frame size.
    For example, I tried Endurace CF 9.0 with XS size but when I tried S size frame, it was Endurace CF 8.0.

Unfortunately, I was not able to settle the payment in Euro. You will have to settle in Sterling if your delivery address is in the UK.
    Interestingly, they did say you can pay in Euro if you are collecting from there.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    ....Unfortunately, I was not able to settle the payment in Euro. You will have to settle in Sterling if your delivery address is in the UK.
    Interestingly, they did say you can pay in Euro if you are collecting from there.
    If you collect it in Germany then you are buying it in a Euro country Germany so obviously the German rules apply. They obviously base your purchase location on where you take possession so if you want delivery to the UK you're buying from the UK and sterling prices apply.
  • ham76
    ....Unfortunately, I was not able to settle the payment in Euro. You will have to settle in Sterling if your delivery address is in the UK.
    If you collect it in Germany then you are buying it in a Euro country Germany so obviously the German rules apply. They obviously base your purchase location on where you take possession so if you want delivery to the UK you're buying from the UK and sterling prices apply.

Yes, you are right.
    But what I was trying to say was, you can order the bike from the UK but if you are COLLECTING the bike in person from Koblenz, then you can settle the payment in Euro.
    Hope this makes sense.
  • ai_1

Yes, you are right.
    But what I was trying to say was, you can order the bike from the UK but if you are COLLECTING the bike in person from Koblenz, then you can settle the payment in Euro.
    Hope this makes sense.
    I'm not entirely clear.
    When you place the order online do you order as a UK customer or a German customer? i.e. Is the order placed in Euro or Sterling? Had you already been invoiced in Sterling, etc?
  • vagueyboy
    vagueyboy Posts: 5
    I'm looking at ordering an Endurance AL - very similar geometry but it has an ever so slightly longer seat tube. Anyhow, can someone help me out regarding sizing?

I would suggest you give them a ring?
    I found them very helpful when I was debating between a small (which I had ordered) and a medium. They actually agreed I should probably get a medium, and I went to Bike science (where I was going to have, and have now had) a fitting once it arrived for their guidance. They confirmed I needed a medium (with a 120 stem) and so I changed my order, and am loving the feel of my new ride..
    Hope it works out for you, it is frustrating and worrying when you are waiting and not sure the size is right...
  • I think the bearings on my rear R23 wheel have gone too (after only 700Kms). When I contacted Canyon UK a few months ago, they said to send them a video showing the play in the wheel, and then they might take them back! Haven't got round to it yet...

OK, so an update on the DT Swiss R24 Spline rear wheel (not a happy one).

Canyon UK asked me to send the wheel directly to TFTuned (http://www.tftuned.com/) for repair to speed up the process. TFTuned then diagnosed the problem as "seized bearings", which apparently is outside DTSwiss' warranty coverage. They quoted £58 plus postage costs to fix the wheel.

I then contacted Canyon UK to ask if they'd pay for the repair, given that the wheels had only been used for 3 months/700Kms. After a month of to-ing and fro-ing, they've only offered to pay £18 for the cost of the bearings and postage, but not the £40 labour cost.

Given that Bike Discount are selling a new DT Swiss R24 Spline wheelset for £140, and that I have little faith in the repaired wheel lasting any length of time, I've declined their offer.

Luckily I've been able to use a different wheelset whilst trying (unsuccessfully) to get the original one repaired...
  • ham76

Yes, you are right.
    Hope this makes sense.
    I'm not entirely clear.
    When you place the order online do you order as a UK customer or a German customer? i.e. Is the order placed in Euro or Sterling? Had you already been invoiced in Sterling, etc?

I cannot be 100% certain as I haven’t done.
    But I believe you will be a UK customer with UK invoice Address, however, you are picking up from Koblenz and so you can pay in Euro.

Example,
    If you order and buy Endurace CF 9.0PRO from the UK. It will be £1999(Bike)+£14.99(Bikeguared)+£32.99(Delivery), Total £2046.98
    If you order Endurace CF 9.0PRO from the UK, but collect the bike from Koblenz factory shop, you will be charged for £1633.29(€2299, €1=£0.71 ), Saving of £413.69 can be made minus, transport to get there. So, if you’re going holiday around or passing through Koblenz, there’s good saving to be made.
  • ai_1

Yes, you are right.
    Hope this makes sense.
    I'm not entirely clear.

But I believe you will be a UK customer with UK invoice Address, however, you are picking up from Koblenz and so you can pay in Euro.

Example,
    If you order and buy Endurace CF 9.0PRO from the UK. It will be £1999(Bike)+£14.99(Bikeguared)+£32.99(Delivery), Total £2046.98
    If you order Endurace CF 9.0PRO from the UK, but collect the bike from Koblenz factory shop, you will be charged for £1633.29(€2299, €1=£0.71 ), Saving of £413.69 can be made minus, transport to get there. So, if you’re going holiday around or passing through Koblenz, there’s good saving to be made.
    OK, thanks for clarifying.
  • ham76

Yes, you are right.
    Hope this makes sense.
    I'm not entirely clear.

Example,
    OK, thanks for clarifying.

Phew, sorry I wasn't clear. One thing that is clear is, that Endurace CF is a great bike to ride on.
  • mlgt
    I think the bearings on my rear R23 wheel have gone too (after only 700Kms). When I contacted Canyon UK a few months ago, they said to send them a video showing the play in the wheel, and then they might take them back! Haven't got round to it yet...

OK, so an update on the DT Swiss R24 Spline rear wheel (not a happy one).

Canyon UK asked me to send the wheel directly to TFTuned (http://www.tftuned.com/) for repair to speed up the process. TFTuned then diagnosed the problem as "seized bearings", which apparently is outside DTSwiss' warranty coverage. They quoted £58 plus postage costs to fix the wheel.

I then contacted Canyon UK to ask if they'd pay for the repair, given that the wheels had only been used for 3 months/700Kms. After a month of to-ing and fro-ing, they've only offered to pay £18 for the cost of the bearings and postage, but not the £40 labour cost.

Given that Bike Discount are selling a new DT Swiss R24 Spline wheelset for £140, and that I have little faith in the repaired wheel lasting any length of time, I've declined their offer.

Luckily I've been able to use a different wheelset whilst trying (unsuccessfully) to get the original one repaired...

Sorry to hear that. I havent recieved my rear wheel back from Canyon/Tf Tuned and they gave me a consignment number 2-3 weeks back now.
    Ive given up home and my wife gave me the green light to buy a set of wheels. Ive opted to try a pair of Zipp 30's with the idea that it will be handed down to friends at some point so no real loss. Ive also put the older Mavic Ksyriums for sale to balance the purchase.

I havent ridden the zipps aywhere far yet, but sound lovely and feel stiffer and responsive compared to the R23'.s
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • Sorry to hear that. I havent recieved my rear wheel back from Canyon/Tf Tuned and they gave me a consignment number 2-3 weeks back now.
    Ive given up home and my wife gave me the green light to buy a set of wheels. Ive opted to try a pair of Zipp 30's with the idea that it will be handed down to friends at some point so no real loss. Ive also put the older Mavic Ksyriums for sale to balance the purchase.

I havent ridden the zipps aywhere far yet, but sound lovely and feel stiffer and responsive compared to the R23'.s

TFTuned were quick to diagnose the problem - it was Canyon UK that dragged their heels as we "discussed" who should pay for what.

In the end, I've caved in and given TFTuned the go-ahead to fix the wheel, at a cost of £40 to me and £18+postage to Canyon.
  • mlgt
    So once the fee was agreed the service was pretty efficient? I had to drop canyon a few emails to chase and the wheel was labelled incorrectly or something. Bottom line is I chased on Friday and the wheel returned back to me today.

I just need to get a new cassette now as the old one went on the Zipps. Im not feeling the zipps 100%. They feel good at fast speed and don't flex as much compared to the DTswiss. But getting up to speed you do notice the little bit extra few strokes to get them there. Also I love the hub. Nice and smooth and just the right acoustic volume. But I think in hindsight I shouldn't have purchased them. But at least I should be able to get a fairly good resale value for them if I take them off in time for winter.
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • So once the fee was agreed the service was pretty efficient? I had to drop canyon a few emails to chase and the wheel was labelled incorrectly or something. Bottom line is I chased on Friday and the wheel returned back to me today.

I just need to get a new cassette now as the old one went on the Zipps. Im not feeling the zipps 100%. They feel good at fast speed and don't flex as much compared to the DTswiss. But getting up to speed you do notice the little bit extra few strokes to get them there. Also I love the hub. Nice and smooth and just the right acoustic volume. But I think in hindsight I shouldn't have purchased them. But at least I should be able to get a fairly good resale value for them if I take them off in time for winter.

Still waiting for them to be returned...
  • Regarding Canyon's policy of fixing the price paid in Sterling, I thought this article on Disneyland was interesting:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07/29/british-tourists-charged-more-than-the-french-at-disneyland-paris_n_7892248.html

In short, the European Commission are investigating why people in the UK are being charged more for entry to Disneyland, than people from elsewhere in Europe. I remain convinced that Canyon's policy of charging more to customers in the UK is a similar breach of legislation.

It's a shame because I think their bikes are great.
  • redscouse
    redscouse Posts: 157
    mlgt wrote:
    redscouse wrote:
    got my endurace back in aug 2014.. rode it mostly in the dry till November then she went on the kitchen wall for the winter and out came the spesh, back on it at the end of February again all rides dry. Have done about 1500 miles on it and now the rear hub bearings( DT swiss spline) have gone :shock:

What was the outcome? Did you repair the hub bearings or get a new wheelset entirely?

thankfully bearings replacement

had a word with my LBS "rule 5 bikes" of Brighton and Paul told me he can replace the bearing for £20/30 he has the bike now so waiting for the call that he has sorted it.fingers crossed

the rear hub bearings or parts may have gone again, have a kind of creak like something brushing rather than tapping the frame...checked everything 3 times over bars seatpost ,QR's, bottom bracket, crank bolts, speedplay pedals, seat bolts, crankset bolts,mech hanger...everything bar the rear hub because i don't have the tools...this creak started about 3 weeks after the service and bearing replacement highlighted above.

the bike is brilliant I love riding it but the constant creaks and noises drive me mad..coming off the back of a 40 mile ride last night the brushstroke noise was so loud it was embarrasing... other times you can barely hear it ...happens whilst pedalling and freewheeling albeit more often when pedalling...the fact that it is happening during both points to the rear hub rather than the BB.
    I've had this endurace 11 months and have ridden it for 8 of those maybe, once in the rain...maybe 2 months of creak free riding out of those 8...no i'm not going mad my friends can hear it and are equally puzzled
    riding a canyon endurace
    spesh allez
  • the rear hub bearings or parts may have gone again, have a kind of creak like something brushing rather than tapping the frame...checked everything 3 times over bars seatpost ,QR's, bottom bracket, crank bolts, speedplay pedals, seat bolts, crankset bolts,mech hanger...everything bar the rear hub because i don't have the tools...this creak started about 3 weeks after the service and bearing replacement highlighted above.

the bike is brilliant I love riding it but the constant creaks and noises drive me mad..coming off the back of a 40 mile ride last night the brushstroke noise was so loud it was embarrasing... other times you can barely hear it ...happens whilst pedalling and freewheeling albeit more often when pedalling...the fact that it is happening during both points to the rear hub rather than the BB.
    I've had this endurace 11 months and have ridden it for 8 of those maybe, once in the rain...maybe 2 months of creak free riding out of those 8...no i'm not going mad my friends can hear it and are equally puzzled

I had a problem with the DT Swiss R24 rear wheel on my Endurace. Sounds a bit like what you are experiencing at the moment (rubbing noise). In my case it was a simple fix. I removed the rear wheel and removed the skewer, then found that one end of the "axel" (can't remember if its the cassette end or the other) is a black bit that just pulls off to reveal the bearing behind. I found that this was a bit dry inside and once packing a bit of grease in there the noise has not returned. Worth a try anyway as it only took a few mins.

I've now done over 800 miles on mine since getting it at the end of April and loving every minute on it.

*Edit:

Its the bit on the non drive side:

In section 4.5, figure 4.4 it was part 1 that I removed. I simply removed it, stuffed a bit of grease in there where the bearing sits and then put it back together. Looks like the other end can be removed as well so maybe worth checking that also.

https://www.dtswiss.com/Resources/Support/WHEELS/DT-Swiss-Wheels-SPLINE-2013-2014-Technical-Man
  • redscouse
    cheers captain wheezy will check it out...be back soon
    riding a canyon endurace
    spesh allez
  • redscouse
    captain wheezy followed your instructions and everything changed..had no idea it was so easy further research highlighted no tools or minimal tools maiantenance of dt swiss hubs. My endurace uses the 3 pawl hub and i removed the freehub after taking off the casssette, found some debris( sponge? from cleaning chain and cassette) in there. Everything was greased up ok and the bearings look good so have cleaned up the pawls and the ring nut ,see 3 pawl set up in the PDF you linked and put it all back together and it sounds much much better, awaiting some DT swiss Grease from my LBS before next ride. So thanks for the suggestion it helped immensely.
    riding a canyon endurace
    spesh allez
  • bomster
    bomster Posts: 202

Yes, you are right.
    Hope this makes sense.
    I'm not entirely clear.

Example,

So I've ordered my bike, paid in Euro's, planned to arrange a courier to collect and deliver to the UK...

However, Canyon have recently changed their policy and apparently the customer themselves MUST sign for the bike in Koblenz.

Flying out there and cycling it home is becoming more and more likely!

Unless, someone else is in the same boat and would like to drive there together and split the fuel?
  • ham76

Yes, you are right.
    Hope this makes sense.
    I'm not entirely clear.

Example,

So I've ordered my bike, paid in Euro's, planned to arrange a courier to collect and deliver to the UK...

However, Canyon have recently changed their policy and apparently the customer themselves MUST sign for the bike in Koblenz.

Flying out there and cycling it home is becoming more and more likely!

Unless, someone else is in the same boat and would like to drive there together and split the fuel?

You can fly out and cycle back via Euro Velo Route 4 and 5 !
    http://www.eurovelo.com/en/eurovelos/eurovelo-4