On board bike cameras

12345679»

Comments

• Sven Nys and Katie Compton from Milton Keynes WC Cross...

http://youtu.be/8vu58cHW7AM

http://youtu.be/C7pi49YQj18
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    ^^ Exceptional. Never catch on.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    dish_dash wrote:
    Smile for the camera :)
    uv7s3JR.png
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that cameras are just a gimmick that was interesting the first couple of times?

Hardly the future of cycling. If they are looking to expand interest in the sport then they need to find a way of identifying riders to the general public, after all every sport is about the characters involved. Not easy with helmets and sunnies on for many, ask Carlton.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Joelsim wrote:
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that cameras are just a gimmick that was interesting the first couple of times?

Yes. It's just you. It' usually some brilliant footage.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    dish_dash wrote:

Dreadful. Utterly dreadful.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • joelsim
    ThomThom wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

But still, let me guess that it won't generate much income for the teams moving forwards which is the main objective. Nor will it encourage non-cycling fans to join the sport in droves.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,536
    Joelsim wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

But still, let me guess that it won't generate much income for the teams moving forwards which is the main objective. Nor will it encourage non-cycling fans to join the sport in droves.

Errrr..... I don't think anyone is suggesting that onboard cameras are some sort of magical recipe to increase revenue streams and attract new fans. But as part of a package of race coverage they could certainly help popularise the sport.

Currently they're being used, mainly by teams who have a social media strategy, to increase visibility of the team and the value of the team to the sponsors. Basic brand awareness 101.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • joelsim
    Joelsim wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Errrr..... I don't think anyone is suggesting that onboard cameras are some sort of magical recipe to increase revenue streams and attract new fans. But as part of a package of race coverage they could certainly help popularise the sport.

Currently they're being used, mainly by teams who have a social media strategy, to increase visibility of the team and the value of the team to the sponsors. Basic brand awareness 101.

I understand that. But nothing else has been forthcoming so far.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Take my breath awaaaaaaaaaaay!

tumblr_mh35bsZgVa1qzfebyo1_400.gif

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • I like them

Its not getting old for me as yet.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,536
    I like them, but they'd be far better if they were from various riders in a sprint, and then edited by a production company to show different angles on what was happening. That's the sort of post-race footage I'd like to see. Curretly, if your team isn't the winner you're not likely to post your vid up on YouTube. But I want to see what Cav/Kittel/Greipel look like when they're dropping you, how your team got shoved off in the battle of the lead-out, stuff like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!