Giro del Trentino 2014 *Spoilers*

123457»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Agreed, yet as you are aware Sky have a single minded focus on rider A and all other riders have to brow beat themselves in service. They pay so much money for talent they should be able to put another guy in the top ten at least.

It is better to have a rider placed 5th for instance then a rider placed 50th because said rider was working for plan A exclusively who then left the race for reason Q.
    I don't think they give a toss about 'top ten'. It's podium or nothing. The single minded focus on Plan A is what gives Plan A strength - everyone knows what their job is, no mixed messages and uncertainty. And they have enough success with it to support this approach. Other teams do it to - Kreuziger could have made the podium at last year's Tour, but he supported Contador.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Agreed, yet as you are aware Sky have a single minded focus on rider A and all other riders have to brow beat themselves in service. They pay so much money for talent they should be able to put another guy in the top ten at least.
    You're hilarious, you really are. Do you happen to remember what your reaction was last year on the TdF stage to Ax 3 Domaines, when Froome won by some distance, ahead of Porte, ahead of everyone else? I'll give you a clue, the phrase "CYCLISME A DEUX VITESSE" featured quite heavily. You couldn't tell us enough how Sky were dodgy because of this supposed dominance, which of course promptly fell apart next day. I can't be arsed to check but I don't image your Tdf 2012 response to Wiggins and Froome was much different. Yet now you're complaining because they don't try putting multiple riders in the top 10? :lol: If they did you'd just be bitching about "factory boys" and "robots" and dropping not-so-subtle doping hints. It's getting really really old, and you have to drag the Sky crap into every thread even where it's barely relevant. How about keeping it to yourself for a change? We're all well aware of your opinions by this point.
  • RichN95.

Apart from the fact Contador performs every race he enters all season long.
    Last year he didn't win a single race and all Saxo won at World Tour level was Amstel Gold and two Vuelta stages. Where was their Plan B?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    RichN95 wrote:

Last year he didn't win a single race and all Saxo won at World Tour level was Amstel Gold and two Vuelta stages. Where was their Plan B?

Ouch! that repost must have hurt.

Besides which, we all know that riders who have season long hot streaks not achieving them au naturel.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Good race overall. Pleased to see Landa and Meintjes up there. I know Astana have said it's Scarponi, but I wonder if they'll let Landa, Aru, and Scarponi sort out leadership on the road. Also good to see Wiggo test himself today; I didn't think he'd be able to go with the leaders for quite so long.

Time to stop engaging frenchfighter imo. He's lost track of reality, and his obsessions are becoming unhealthy.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Turfle wrote:
    Good race overall. Pleased to see Landa and Meintjes up there. I know Astana have said it's Scarponi, but I wonder if they'll let Landa, Aru, and Scarponi sort out leadership on the road. Also good to see Wiggo test himself today; I didn't think he'd be able to go with the leaders for quite so long.

Time to stop engaging frenchfighter imo. He's lost track of reality, and his obsessions are becoming unhealthy.

Its an interesting idea. Though maybe Astana might want to keep Scarponi relatively sweet so that he doesnt try any funny business with Nibz in the Tour...
  • RichN95.
    Turfle wrote:

Its an interesting idea. Though maybe Astana might want to keep Scarponi relatively sweet so that he doesnt try any funny business with Nibz in the Tour...
    My armchair DS advice: back the youngsters and let Scarponi have some fun in the mountains in week three.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    RichN95 wrote:
    Turfle wrote:

My armchair DS advice: back the youngsters and let Scarponi have some fun in the mountains in week three.

I'm on the blower to Martinelli right now...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:
    Turfle wrote:

I'm on the blower to Martinelli right now...
    Vino tried to Skype me earlier but pretended I was out.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    RichN95 wrote:

Ouch! that repost must have hurt.

Besides which, we all know that riders who have season long hot streaks not achieving them au naturel.

Why would it hurt? Go and take a look at Contador's wiki to remind yourself just how amazing he is. His palmares spoke for themselves ages ago. Seven grand tours by an age most riders are just figuring out whether they should be a sprinter or climber. He is still young and will still stack the results and fan performances until he no longer wishes to. What a true and certified champion.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Basso still struggling to perform even with race km now into his legs.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Never mind Plan B, Bjarne and Oleg have..................

plan_nine_from_outer_space_xlg.jpg
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    What a true and certified champion

Technically he's also a true and certified drug cheat :shock:
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    What a true and certified champion

Technically he's also a true and certified drug cheat :shock:
  • tuneskyline
    tuneskyline Posts: 370
    Wiggins relaxing 3825662119_fa61ddf6d9.jpg

That's excellent. The only quibble...a rollie rather than a pipe, if its not too much trouble

ToC (America's very own 4th Grand Tour) starts 2 weeks on Sun. If he carries on tuning up like this, he might do better than I expected

I tried. He said he would only pose nude.BEARDED%20ACTION%20MAN%20NUDE.JPG

I do think that the Sky have gone a bit far on the marginal gains. Armstrong we know was one ball short but this is just wrong.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    Wiggins relaxing 3825662119_fa61ddf6d9.jpg

That's excellent. The only quibble...a rollie rather than a pipe, if its not too much trouble

ToC (America's very own 4th Grand Tour) starts 2 weeks on Sun. If he carries on tuning up like this, he might do better than I expected

I tried. He said he would only pose nude.BEARDED%20ACTION%20MAN%20NUDE.JPG

I do think that the Sky have gone a bit far on the marginal gains. Armstrong we know was one ball short but this is just wrong.

Life size pic of Tom Daly in flesh coloured Speedos... Nice find