Paris-Roubaix 2014 "spoiler"

1252627282931»

Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Now I know I'm a cynic, and I'm not saying that this is a PED, but I thought start-line doping was a big thing as the rider knows that he won't be tested for at least 7 hours. Clearly, there are more subtle ways to take a dodgy pill than to carry a complete vial around.

But in this 'possible' scenario you have someone 'possibly' (cos we really dont know the truth, at this point its a twitter account's, umm, account) carrying around an entire container of something(s) well into a 7 hour race.

And 7 hours is well within test detection periods.

I smell hokum.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Joelsim wrote:
    Crazy to think that anyone in the peloton would ever take any doping products, legal or illegal. Madnesss even contemplating that scenario.
    Even in the 80s when the biggest penalty was getting DQed from the race they didn't carry their pills around in labelled vials. By the 90s they were hiding them inside energy bars.

It's not crazy to think that people are smuggling drugs into the UK, but it is crazy to think they're doing in packages labelled "Cocaine"
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Just the mechanics of using a screw top vial in Paris-Roubaix doesn't make sense.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    This sounds like a right load of BS to me. I bet the clinic is in full on meltdown over this!
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    its prob some salt sticks type snake oil
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Is it a vial or a phial? That's what I want to know.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    tumblr_n42g84oBaO1swtjjuo1_r1_500.gif
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    Just the mechanics of using a screw top vial in Paris-Roubaix doesn't make sense.

Eh?

200km of flat?
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    tumblr_n42g84oBaO1swtjjuo1_r1_500.gif

Gregory Rast winning the bike tossing competition
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    Paul 8v wrote:
    This sounds like a right load of BS to me. I bet the clinic is in full on meltdown over this!

Thats pretty much what I thought. Only briefly read a quote from him. But he said how he hoped it was non PED's and then named some pretty random examples of non illegal PED's. Why not mention pain killers?

All very weird, but I suspect he was after some free publicity, so you sort of need to hand it to him!
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012