knedlicky
knedlicky Posts: 3,097
edited April 2014 in Pro race
BlFlG71IYAAcwjn.jpg

Riders at the start a few minutes ago.

Comments

• Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    For god's sake ... Enough with the 'I started the spoiler thread' 'brinksmanship ...

If you must start one, at least have a graphic of the parcours and a list of the favourites riding ...

Just saying (for the Nth time) ...
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Something tells me that if we get a similar situation to last weekend Sep isn't going to do many turns on the front. :)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    Someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning. I hope nothing happens in the race that leads to a certain person getting mentioned :wink:

Route map and startlist here http://www.steephill.tv/classics/paris-roubaix/#route-map

pancake.jpg
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    BlF0fBECQAAdGph.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    BlFxhgWCcAAgJ2l.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited April 2014
    Paris-Roubaix-1396463056.png

cobblesections_zps9aca7c98.png

w4dCiB4.jpg
    Source: Inrng
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I AM READY
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Cheers, Thom Thom ...

As for the rest of the bringers of hilarity .... *shrug*
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Cheers, Thom Thom ...

As for the rest of the bringers of hilarity .... *shrug*
    Awww come on, where's that smile Mr Crankypants?
  • thomthom
    He's a bit right about at least posting a profile of the stage though.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    Let's face it, if there's one race that doesn't require a profile this is it. I couldn't find that sector profile, it's what I was intending posting but had to settle with the link to the course map and startlist which I thought might be useful. I notice wee Jimmy Crankie could be bothered to post the details himself despite being the one to castigate others.
  • milton50
    There are 8 riders in the break away who are now nearing the first sector of cobbles. They are:

David Boucher (FDJ.fr), Kenny de Haes (Lotto Belisol), Andreas Schillinger (NetApp-Endura), Michael Kolar (Tinkoff-Saxo), Clément Koretzky (Bretagne-Séché Environnement), Benoit Jarrier (Bretagne-Séché Environnement), Tim De Troyer (Wanty - Groupe Gobert) and John Murphy (UnitedHealthCare).

Apparently the first two hours have been covered at an average speed of 46km. So they aren't hanging around.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Do we have a finish time prediction?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • thomthom
    ddraver wrote:

Not for a lot of the riders!
  • milton50
    ddraver wrote:

If they average 40km/h for the race it will be around 3:45 UK time. But from the way they've started it might finish before 3:30.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Milton50 wrote:
    There are 8 riders in the break away who are now nearing the first sector of cobbles. They are:

David Boucher (FDJ.fr), Kenny de Haes (Lotto Belisol), Andreas Schillinger (NetApp-Endura), Michael Kolar (Tinkoff-Saxo), Clément Koretzky (Bretagne-Séché Environnement), Benoit Jarrier (Bretagne-Séché Environnement), Tim De Troyer (Wanty - Groupe Gobert) and John Murphy (UnitedHealthCare).

Apparently the first two hours have been covered at an average speed of 46km. So they aren't hanging around.

Spare parts depot.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    There is a cross tailwind.

Some clouds so maybe a shower?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • milton50
    Macaloon wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:

Spare parts depot.

:wink:
  • thomthom
    Chance of rain has indeed gone from 0% last week to 40%! (at least on some reports..)
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    It's such a lovely day in rural Hampshire, I almost feel bad for sitting here inside (trying to ignore a pile of essays) counting down the seconds until I can get some visual satisfaction...

Is it wrong for me to want rain in Nord-Pas de Calais? :twisted:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • milton50
    ThomThom wrote:
    Chance of rain has indeed gone from 0% last week to 40%! (at least on some reports..)

Interesting. That could throw a few spanners into the works. I would have gone for Stybar in the PTP if the forecast said rain was very likely.
  • above_the_cows
    Milton50 wrote:
    That could throw a few spanners into the works...

Magic spanners?
  • The parents of my new belgian chum have taken me in for the afternoon. They're even picking me up. God bless East Flanders
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Sorry, how old are you?!? ;)

Better make sure you say a few nice words about Tommeke, you'll be friends for life!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I had to loan my company car to my colleague in exchange for helping me move yesterday :oops:

I think they're taking pity on the stupid English. Plus their son utterly murdered me up the Valkenburg and Eikenberg this morning. Maybe he feels bad
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Sitting in the sunshine at Arrenberg Trench. Any race news?
  • above_the_cows
    I couldn't access my Belgian VPN so no Sporza is possible. Instead I'm listening to Phil and Paul :shock:

Should I start drinking already?
  • above_the_cows
    oneof1982 wrote:
    Sitting in the sunshine at Arrenberg Trench. Any race news?

The break are getting a spot of lunch.
  • thomthom
    Remember to notice how brilliant the camera/motorcycle folks work today. Top pros.
  • milton50
    I couldn't access my Belgian VPN so no Sporza is possible. Instead I'm listening to Phil and Paul :shock:

Please accept my sincere condolences.