The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,777
    Not the way MU are playing.
    Arsenal aren't on form right now either...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,121
    Arsenal 0 - Fabianski (and Swansea) 1

1st home defeat in 34 games.

Of course we didn't have to face the likes of Bradford City, so I guess our stats lack a bit of credibility.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Doesn't help when after we beat Hull. Ozil tweets "Job Done!" Typical bloody German getting his beach towel down early :D
  • Stevo_666

Of course we didn't have to face the likes of Bradford City, so I guess our stats lack a bit of credibility.
    How do the stats of the league champions lack credibility? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Enough of this top 4 nonsense!

Who do we think will be joining QPR and Burnley?

I kind of want it to be Newcastle just because of how badly run it is and the strange feeling they have that they are 'big' club even though they haven't won anything for about 50 years! But I think it will probably be Hull.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250

In the league or all competitions?
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Stevo_666
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Enough of this top 4 nonsense!

Who do we think will be joining QPR and Burnley?

I kind of want it to be Newcastle just because of how badly run it is and the strange feeling they have that they are 'big' club even though they haven't won anything for about 50 years! But I think it will probably be Hull.
    +1. I feel they deserve it. There's also a great 'Downfall' spoof Hitler rant from the last time Newcastle got the drop that could do with an airing.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    They seem to think that because 50,000 of them turn up each week it makes them a big club, all it means is there really isn't much to do in Newcastle on a weekend. And hundreds of thousands of people go to see Justin Beiber, that doesn't make him a good musician!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

How do the stats of the league champions lack credibility? :wink:

Ho do I put it?
    Interpretation 1:
    If we had faced Bradford city at some point, there is no way we would have gone 34 home games unbeaten.
    Interpretation 2:
    We get beat by Swansea, whereas Chelski lose to Bradford City...

Geddit?
  • Stevo_666
    Oh yeah I get it, but we're still the Champions :)

I'll leave you and the other trophy dodgers to scrap it out for second/third/fourth.
  • pinno
    Well, we will have to try and dodge an FA cup trophy then won't we?

Anyway, sod off. 2nd half of the CL fixture is on in a minute.
  • Stevo_666

You dodged the Premier League and the League Cup trophies pretty well. Just remind me how many trophies Arsenal has won this year? :wink:
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You dodged the Premier League and the League Cup trophies pretty well. Just remind me how many trophies Arsenal has won this year? :wink:

Have won, not has. As a team we are a plural, not a singular therefore the correct adverb is have not has.
    However as Chelski are all about one person I can understand your grammatical error.
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Have won, not has. As a team we are a plural, not a singular therefore the correct adverb is have not has.
    However as Chelski are all about one person I can understand your grammatical error.

You can take the boy out of Boro' but you can't take...

Deep down he is a Boro' supporter but that doesn't fit his London persona. You can't go to an executive gathering in the pu... sorry, Bistro and mention Middlesbrough.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

This confirms my suspicions that North London is where they found the Missing Link. Arsenal is one club (admittedly a bit of a crap one but still a club) - that's a singular noun, so you and the Stranraer gimp are both wrong :)
  • pinno
    I have definitely rattled the monkey's cage TW.
  • tim_wand

Don't mention Monkeys, They hang em in Hartlepool, They are his real footballing rivals not us Gooners! What with him really being a Smoggy.

As for him having a go at Martin Keown ( He really was the missing link ) that's just a cheap shot!
    Further proof he's not really a Chelski fan ! They d never take a shot this early on.
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:

Don't mention Monkeys, They hang em in Hartlepool, They are his real footballing rivals not us Gooners! What with him really being a Smoggy.

As for him having a go at Martin Keown ( He really was the missing link ) that's just a cheap shot!
    Further proof he's not really a Chelski fan ! They d never take a shot this early on.

Well spotted TW. The Executive chimp has been unmasked.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    32c554ab2d9c.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevie G's last game at Anfield on Sunday - time to look back on what could have been :wink:

11255463_841453029224927_8675276471051041378_n.jpg?oh=affda21b997b24a0dd3a6cafeb5f7f1d&oe=55C084B0
  • tim_wand
    It wasn't scouse gangsters it was the thought of that Twunt Terry hanging out the back of Alex whilst he was playing in Europe, that stopped him signing. Terry wouldn't have been playing but he would have still gone up at the end to claim any Trophy. :D
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    It wasn't scouse gangsters it was the thought of that Twunt Terry hanging out the back of Alex whilst he was playing in Europe, that stopped him signing. Terry wouldn't have been playing but he would have still gone up at the end to claim any Trophy. :D
    He has won quite a few... :wink:
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    0512adams.jpg
  • tim_wand
    0512adams.jpg
    Typical Chelski .. First you attack Monkeys now your having a go at Donkeys!

See that class act Terry has bought a new house and ripped up all the real grass ( once owned by Colin Montgomery) and replaced it with something Plastic. ( How appropriate )

Come in with Loads of Money and replace history and tradition with artificial plastic crap.

Still at least the bus wont get bogged down on it.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    0512adams.jpg

See that class act Terry has bought a new house and ripped up all the real grass ( once owned by Colin Montgomery) and replaced it with something Plastic. ( How appropriate )

Come in with Loads of Money and replace history and tradition with artificial plastic crap.

We need a big bus for all of JT's trophies. Arsenal being the prudent team that they are can make do with a minibus :wink:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    0512adams.jpg

We need a big bus for all of JT's trophies. Arsenal being the prudent team that they are can make do with a minibus :wink:

JT needs a taxi for when he pops around to Wayne Bridge's place. Only when Bridge is out though. :wink:
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:
    0512adams.jpg

He's a cockney lad isn't he? Little bit weh, little bit way...

Still, the baggies gave you lot a good kicking. The baggies, I mean ffs, not as good as Swansea are they?
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    I said ages ago we should sign Benteke from Villa and we still haven't and probably aren't going to. The guy just scored ten goals in nine games... two years after I first said we should sign him, not that I am trying to toot my own horn, "toot-toot". How Villa have hung onto him for all this time, I don't know. I sometimes wonder if they would even be in the FA Cup Final/Premier League if he wasn't there. :roll:

Why are Chelsea losing 3-0 to West Brom?!

To annoy people? :shock:

It worked on me. :evil:
  • pinno
    Unless MU win 7-0 on Saturday and Arsenal loose, that draw :roll: should give us 3rd spot, surely.
  • Stevo_666
    Unless MU win 7-0 on Saturday and Arsenal loose, that draw :roll: should give us 3rd spot, surely.
    Third is yours. Thanks for giving the Mackens nothing to play for on Sunday, if Chelsea take their flip flops off they might actually win the last one....