The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Unless MU win 7-0 on Saturday and Arsenal loose, that draw :roll: should give us 3rd spot, surely.
    Third is yours. Thanks for giving the Mackens nothing to play for on Sunday, if Chelsea take their flip flops off they might actually win the last one....

What a shite game, and what a shite season, why do we put up with this mediocrity from Wenger? Any fool could see we needed to get the ball out wide and then throw it into the mixer, rather than face up to a team 5 forwards against 10 defenders on the edge of the box. Why oh Why oh Why do we never have a plan B? Tic a Tac football around the edge of the box looking for a slide rule pass through the defence, might come off one in 10 attempts and be beautiful when it does. But why cant we mix it up when we need to.

3 rd Place and probably retaining the F.A cup is nothing to celebrate, we need to wake up!

Waiting for the Ozil tweet # job done! we are happy to be also rans.
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Chelsea should lose ten points for deliberately losing to West Brom.

"Probably retaining the FA Cup" lol check it... how do you think Villa got to the final. :P

If they have Benteke on they can certainly beat Arsenal, its a level playing field, they might even be able to do it without him.

Villa have won all of these games this season...

Crystal Palace (away)
    Liverpool (away)
    Stoke (away)
    Sunderland (away)
    Tottenham (away)

None of those are pushovers at theirs. Two of them are among the best teams.
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    Ho hum... It ends on Sunday and not as I expected it to.

I foresaw all three promoted teams taking the plunge. Even at Christmas I was sure it would be so and on into the New Year. Extraordinary turnaround by The Foxes.

I also thought (despite being sure of the outcome) that there'd be four or five teams still fighting relegation on the last day. I'm surprised that only Hull and United still face a fight... and realistically it looks like Hull who will drop.

I'm also a little disappointed that it's all done and dusted at the other end. I hate to say it, but Chelski were good value. The Abramovic billions have been put to better use in this case than the Sheikh Mansoor squillions. The top four are as I thought they would be, apart from the top two who I thought would be reversed. City (whom I dislike as much as I dislike Chelski) seem to have conspired to fail. This was the last proper year at the peak for many in their squad and it sounded all season like a firework with a damp fuse. A team so full of former Gunners ought to do better.

I'm happy that AFC are in the FA Cup final again. Nothing taken for granted after ECWC, UEFA Cup, Champions' League and even League Cup defeats in the finals in recent decades. But I'm hoping they'll do the business.

But overall..... Not the most excellent of seasons. Arsenal (for all that I'm happy with 3rd) did not gel as I hoped they might. Next season, if all stay fittish, will be better. This is the mantra of the optimistic Gooner. Will Raheem come? Is he really an Arsenal-style player? Is there even such a thing?

Bring back Bergkamp and Manu Petit - and CG and GG from the 70-71 season.
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    While I think Villa can do it, looking at the two results against Arsenal in both league games won't give them much hope.

Yes Man City have spent so much money they should be the globetrotters (lol "globe" :wink: ) of football but they aren't. Thats because they are Manchester City. If some Arabs had done the same with Manchester United or Liverpool we would have globetrotters IMO.

As one United supporter said back when the Arabs took over - "It doesn't matter who City have managing them or playing for them, they will always be crap because they are City" and I thought back then he was wrong, any team having billions thrown at it must be able to beat everyone, win every single game... they have been a big let down to me and I don't even support them. :lol: Look at the score last time we played them lol.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Manc33 wrote:
    Yes Man City have spent so much money they should be the globetrotters (lol "globe" :wink: ) of football but they aren't. Thats because they are Manchester City. If some Arabs had done the same with Manchester United or Liverpool we would have globetrotters IMO.

I do not support any of those clubs, but how much have Liverpool and United spent recently compared to City? and in the last 2 seasons how many trophies have they won?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,777
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:

I do not support any of those clubs, but how much have Liverpool and United spent recently compared to City? and in the last 2 seasons how many trophies have they won?
    Don't be too harsh on Manure, as after spending the paltry sum of £150m this season, they've almost qualified for the Champions League :wink: That said, the whole of Manchester is a trophy dodging zone this season :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    A picture paints a thousand words as the saying goes, so here's a 2,000 word essay from me :wink:

Part-DV-DV1980233-1-1-1.jpg

21652663.JPG?itok=NfrWVDtB

Can we have a bit more competition next season please :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,097
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    A picture paints a thousand words as the saying goes, so here's a 2,000 word essay from me :wink:

Part-DV-DV1980233-1-1-1.jpg

21652663.JPG?itok=NfrWVDtB

Can we have a bit more competition next season please :twisted:

Gritted teeth- well done
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    In other news, Spurs have yet again won the race to 5th spot! Whoop whoop..........
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    As enjoyable as the Capital One Cup win was let's not forget the important one Stevo. After all this is the Premier League thread.

int_150524_Chelsea_FTH.jpg&w=738&site=espnfc
  • Stevo_666
    As enjoyable as the Capital One Cup win was let's not forget the important one Stevo. After all this is the Premier League thread.

int_150524_Chelsea_FTH.jpg&w=738&site=espnfc
    Was hoping nobody would spot that - google wasnt throwing up any pics of yesterday's trophy presentation at the time. I thought it was important that certain people see José and JT holding a trophy :)
  • Stevo_666
    Reservoir PL managers :D

11011834_846597505377146_3073523603281627609_n.jpg?oh=0925e5809972300c9c9ad19477458ac4&oe=56025FB3
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Time to start a new thread.

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Time to start a new thread.

maxresdefault.jpg
    This one just rolls into next season with the current Champions name on the thread title.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Yer. Pina did the decent thing and changed the thread title, this ones been rolling since mid 2013 so we shouldn't kill it after 112 pages. Besides I m sure Mourinho will spur the Chelski boys on by telling them they have to keep their name on the BB thread for two years consecutively, Only special teams get to put their names on something 2 years in a row :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Besides I m sure Mourinho will spur the Chelski boys on by telling them they have to keep their name on the BB thread for two years consecutively, Only special teams get to put their names on something 2 years in a row :lol:
    I'm happy with winning the Champions League just the once - wouldn't you be? :wink:

But you're right, Arsenal are a bit 'special' :)
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    James Milner has, today, announced his retirement from professional football and has now signed for Liverpool FC.
    :twisted:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    James Milner has, today, announced his retirement from professional football and has now signed for Liverpool FC.
    Although ironically City's first sale of the closed season is of one of their best players!
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Although ironically City's first sale of the closed season is of one of their best players!

I'm not sure that it would be technically classed as a 'sale' given that he was out of contract and went for free :(

He'll be missed at City because although he was unlikely to be a regular first teamer(and maybe less so depending on who comes in the Summer), but he rarely had a bad game and was consistently a 7/10 every game, through his work rate and commitment alone.

He isn't necessarily the best technically but his effort and attitude were top class and all teams need players like that. I think he has gone to the the scousers for more game time and more importantly (for him) an opportunity to play in a central role. Unfortunately his worst (least effective) performances for City were on the odd occasion he played centrally. Given that he will also always be compared with Stevie Me, this may turn out to be too big a gamble though.

Great lad and a great team player though, I wish him all the best. I'm sure he'll enjoy not having the pressure to win anything for the next few years :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:

I'm not sure that it would be technically classed as a 'sale' given that he was out of contract and went for free :(

He'll be missed at City because although he was unlikely to be a regular first teamer(and maybe less so depending on who comes in the Summer), but he rarely had a bad game and was consistently a 7/10 every game, through his work rate and commitment alone.

He isn't necessarily the best technically but his effort and attitude were top class and all teams need players like that. I think he has gone to the the scousers for more game time and more importantly (for him) an opportunity to play in a central role. Unfortunately his worst (least effective) performances for City were on the odd occasion he played centrally. Given that he will also always be compared with Stevie Me, this may turn out to be too big a gamble though.

Great lad and a great team player though, I wish him all the best. I'm sure he'll enjoy not having the pressure to win anything for the next few years :wink:
    Agree on all of that.

And I found out why he left :)

11147011_851681321535431_5909576694666741629_n.jpg?oh=8bb7470bec98deb35021aaa19ff8ec58&oe=55FDA3C6&__gda__=1441270707_d77ca284b135436390d3266dca5ec1b9
  • city_boy
    ^ :lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,121
    Blatter clears out his paperwork at FIFA

picture?type=normal&width=9999&height=9999
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Looks like there's an air of optimism around Anfield after their latest signing :)

!! BREAKING NEWS !!

A Liverpool woman has gone to the Doctors desperately begging for help. She told the doctor her fanny talks. She pulled down her knickers and her fanny said...
    "We are going to win the league, its our f***ing year"

However, The Doctor has reassured the distressed woman and went on to explain...
    "I'm afraid we are in the middle of an epidemic in Merseyside...James Milner signed for Liverpool so lots of c***s have started talking like this"
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2015
    Fixtures are out...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fixtures

Second game of the season for us - Citeh! :twisted:
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Does anybody think Sterling is worth £40m? what has he done? he had one decent season but was pretty rubbish this season.

It would make him the most expensive english player ever (is that really still Rio Ferdinand at £30m? edit - actually it is Andy Carroll the list I was looking at was sorted in euros!)
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Does anybody think Sterling is worth £40m? what has he done? he had one decent season but was pretty rubbish this season.

It would make him the most expensive english player ever (is that really still Rio Ferdinand at £30m? edit - actually it is Andy Carroll the list I was looking at was sorted in euros!)

OK the price is £10m out but the point is still the same...

10447851_857713290932234_8730558039068789069_n.jpg?oh=e35c7ba437812e3f44ad6d6b366dc3e2&oe=55EA573F&__gda__=1441617935_29e4344e63147e3c90556d300bb45194

And I have a feeling that Falcao will do better than people expect at Chelsea. José is not daft.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Thank you very much to the fixtures team!
    Cherries end of season run in is the hardest of any team in the Prem. Last 6 games include:
    Um Al Manchester City
    Liverpool
    Chelski
    Everton
    Manure

This is a disaster as it could mean the Cherries missing out on a European slot if results don't go our way.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Cherries end of season run in is the hardest of any team in the Prem. Last 6 games include:
    Um Al Manchester City
    Liverpool
    Chelski
    Everton
    Manure

This is a disaster as it could mean the Cherries missing out on a European slot if results don't go our way.

They could always write their own song and enter.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Um Al Manchester City
    Liverpool
    Chelski
    Everton
    Manure

They could always write their own song and enter.

Chapeau
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • city_boy
    Made me chuckle.....

http://youtu.be/Q6kUlG4242M