The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,097
    I wonder if Brendan Rodgers ever regrets the rubbish he spouts? Easy to defend eh Brendan? :lol:

Ffs
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I really think this is one of the worst Premier Leagues for a long time.

Chelsea haven't played great for a month or two and will win the title by about 10 points
    Man united were rubbish for half the season and will get top 4
    Arsenal started badly and could end up above City
    Newcastle have lost 7 in a row and people say they are already safe
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I really think this is one of the worst Premier Leagues for a long time.

Chelsea haven't played great for a month or two and will win the title by about 10 points
    Man united were rubbish for half the season and will get top 4
    Arsenal started badly and could end up above City
    Newcastle have lost 7 in a row and people say they are already safe

Don't worry about it. Next season is gonna be the best. And the Arsenal don't even start the season at the top for the first time in over 100 years. Eddie Howe's Barmy Army are coming to a city near you.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,777
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Don't worry about it. Next season is gonna be the best. And the Arsenal don't even start the season at the top for the first time in over 100 years. Eddie Howe's Barmy Army are coming to a city near you.
    Looking forward to it :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    The Leicester fans were singing 'boring, boring Chelsea' in the last part of the game. At least they've got a ****ing sense of humour :wink:

So if Chelsea beat Palace on Saturday, the scousers will have to give us a guard of honour at Stamford Bridge on the 10th May. And if we don't beat Palace, we've still got a decent chance of sewing it up when we play Liverpool. I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    It was actually us Chelsea fans singing it Stevo. We're laughing our way to another title. My champagne is now being chilled. Boring boring Chelsea. :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    It was actually us Chelsea fans singing it Stevo. We're laughing our way to another title. My champagne is now being chilled. Boring boring Chelsea. :lol:
    Whoops, looks like Eurosport got it wrong, but who cares :D

Gutted we couldn't get tickets for the Palace or Liverpool games now!
  • cornerblock
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I'll be there, I'm really looking forward to a pleasantly boring couple of games. Especially that guard of honour if it happens. I do hope Brendan doesn't pick Stevie for that game. That would just be too cruel. :wink:
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

I'll be there, I'm really looking forward to a pleasantly boring couple of games. Especially that guard of honour if it happens. I do hope Brendan doesn't pick Stevie for that game. That would just be too cruel. :wink:

Please, please, Brenda do that!!! what a way to send off that poisonous piece of slippy *rap to the USofA.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Please, please, Brenda do that!!! what a way to send off that poisonous piece of slippy *rap to the USofA.
    Imagine, Stevie G having to stand there with a worldwide audience watching, having to applaud the team he could have joined for winning the trophy that he never won :twisted:

CB - I am jealous, but (too few) loyalty points stopped us booking before they sold out. Must go to more games next season :)
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Imagine, Stevie G having to stand there with a worldwide audience watching, having to applaud the team he could have joined for winning the trophy that he never won :twisted:

CB - I am jealous, but (too few) loyalty points stopped us booking before they sold out. Must go to more games next season :)

I'm sure by the time he's being flown home to his multi million pound mansion on a private jet he'd have just about wiped away the tears! :roll:
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • cornerblock
    TurboTommy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I'm sure by the time he's being flown home to his multi million pound mansion on a private jet he'd have just about wiped away the tears! :roll:

I'll be cycling there. :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Looks like Manure have just been Chelsea'd by Tony Pulis' lot. 80% posession and they still lost 1-0 :)
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Looks like Manure have just been Chelsea'd by Tony Pulis' lot. 80% posession and they still lost 1-0 :)

Have you noticed United have barely won a match since manc33 disappeared?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,097
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Sounds like the work of the cia
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Sounds like the work of the cia
    Or a few decent defences? Can't see how a delusional fan disappearing can hurt Manure.
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Congrats to Chelsea!
    I always say that the team that finishes top at the end of the season has earned and deserved it.
    Well done.
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Congrats to Chelsea!
    I always say that the team that finishes top at the end of the season has earned and deserved it.
    Well done.
    Can't say fairer than that, thanks 8)

Time to have some fun in the remaining 3 games - maybe :P
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Congrats to Chelsea!
    Well done.

Yep, enjoy it mate. It's a shame that City (or anyone else for that matter) didn't put up more of a fight and at least take it to the end of the season but to be fair Chelsea have been pretty relentless!

I'll just have to enjoy the stress of our last three games in our battle to be the least worst loser :(
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Congrats to Chelsea!
    Well done.

Yep, enjoy it mate. It's a shame that City (or anyone else for that matter) didn't put up more of a fight and at least take it to the end of the season but to be fair Chelsea have been pretty relentless!

I'll just have to enjoy the stress of our last three games in our battle to be the least worst loser :(
    Cheers mate, you're right that nobody gave us a proper run for our money and if anything was boring about the season in the end, that was it. City were the only ones who had a go after levelling up at the start of the year. Hopefully you will finish above Manure :) Next season may be more interesting...

PS: good t-shirt spotted on sale outside Stamford Bridge today :P

11196260_835714023132161_5738381394532196559_n.jpg?oh=029cc17691e9e428d819546ac1eb69b3&oe=55DCB0DE&__gda__=1439662320_8dc852542365a07e060da8b646c69cd1
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Congratulations to Chelsea. As City boy says , the league table doesn't lie. I thought it was going to be your year the moment you landed Costa and Fabregas to be honest. And Eden Hazard has been on a different level this season. I even have to begrudgingly admit that Terry has had a fantastic season and your defence has been the primary difference.

I don't like the guy but having to adapt to playing with different defensive partners and full backs throughout the course of the season takes some doing and I cant remember him putting a foot wrong.

Next season will hopefully be a bit more interesting. I can see a complete turn around at Citee and Utd will spank a lot of money in the close season. Hopefully we will make some buys at the Sanchez level too.

Once again well done Chelsea. Does this give Stevo the right to start next seasons prem thread? or will the new boys (Mr Goos) lot get the honour. Should be Stevo or CB by rights but I imagine Pina will have something to say about that!
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Congratulations to Chelsea. As City boy says , the league table doesn't lie. I thought it was going to be your year the moment you landed Costa and Fabregas to be honest. And Eden Hazard has been on a different level this season. I even have to begrudgingly admit that Terry has had a fantastic season and your defence has been the primary difference.

I don't like the guy but having to adapt to playing with different defensive partners and full backs throughout the course of the season takes some doing and I cant remember him putting a foot wrong.

Next season will hopefully be a bit more interesting. I can see a complete turn around at Citee and Utd will spank a lot of money in the close season. Hopefully we will make some buys at the Sanchez level too.

Once again well done Chelsea. Does this give Stevo the right to start next seasons prem thread? or will the new boys (Mr Goos) lot get the honour. Should be Stevo or CB by rights but I imagine Pina will have something to say about that!
    Tim, I think there have been a few reasons behind this seasons result - but if you have to pin it on a 'part of the field' then it's probably the defence more than any other - least goals conceded (just). But probably determination, organisation and José counted as much as anything else. Hopefully José can now get on with a sorting some good quality deals to strengthen the team because that's sure as hell what everyone else will be doing over the summer.

As for this thread, it was started part the way through the 13/14 season so fine to just keep it going. If Pinno is a good sport (as well as being the OP) I'm happy for him to change the name to the 'mainly Chelsea' thread, but something tells me he won't be able to bring himself to do that :)
  • city_boy
    I know the likes of Hazard will get the plaudits (rightly so!) but for me Chelsea's key player/position has to be Matic looking after his back four.

I also think the number of important goals weighed in by the defensive players particularly Ivanovic and Terry have made a massive difference.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    City Boy wrote:
    I know the likes of Hazard will get the plaudits (rightly so!) but for me Chelsea's key player/position has to be Matic looking after his back four.

I also think the number of important goals weighed in by the defensive players particularly Ivanovic and Terry have made a massive difference.

Matic has certainly been the platform from which Chelsea have played around. Gives the likes of Hazard the confidence to carry the ball forward. If you look at the other teams, Such as Arsenal, City, Utd and Liverpool the one player we could all do with is Matic or a Matic style player.

The only one around is Pogba and I cant see him coming to the Prem. Maybe someone like Schneiderlin could do that job.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,121
    Congratulations. Well done. What a brilliant job you did. I don;t think there are enough words to describe the hard work and dedication West Brom have put into this result. :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Congratulations. Well done. What a brilliant job you did. I don;t think there are enough words to describe the hard work and dedication West Brom have put into this result. :D
    Get your ar$e in gear and change the thread title. At the risk of sounding scouse, it's our year :wink:
  • city_boy
    CCTV footage just in of the moment Stevo heard the Chelsea score :lol:

ae3Q5bW_460sa_v1.gif
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    City Boy wrote:

ae3Q5bW_460sa_v1.gif

It's now the official Chelsea celebration. It was first witnessed when John Terry heard that Wayne Bridge was away for the night...
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:

ae3Q5bW_460sa_v1.gif
    José has been celebrating as well :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,121
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Get your ar$e in gear and change the thread title. At the risk of sounding scouse, it's our year :wink:

Yes sir, no problem.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!