The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,765
    My turn:
    Geordies 1 Scumderland 1
    Scousers 0 The Ar$e 2
    Stoke 1 Chelsea 2
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Geordies 1 Macs 1
    Scousers 3 The Ar$e 2
    Potters 2 Fulham 1
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    City Boy wrote:
    Newcastle 2 Sunderland 1
    Scousers 1 The @rse 2
    Stoke 1 Chelski 1

Well, I won't be troubling Mystic Meg anytime soon. In fact it looks like I'm a bit of a jinx.

I am going to revise my prediction for Monday and go for a 2-0 Chelski win :twisted:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    edited December 2014
    City Boy wrote:
    I am going to revise my prediction for Monday and go for a 2-0 Chelski win :twisted:
    I take it all back, you were right after all. Thanks for that matey :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I wont mention the result, No spoilers, although that was probably the worse game of "football" I ve seen this season.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    I wont mention the result, No spoilers, although that was probably the worse game of "football" I ve seen this season.
    A certain Mr. P studiously avoids this thread between the game being played and after MOTD. So he can enjoy the twists and turns on the box later :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Well, I won't be troubling Mystic Meg anytime soon. In fact it looks like I'm a bit of a jinx.
    ....says the man who insists that City will win the League this season :P
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Got both of todays wrong, after getting 5/7 of Saturdays right, which balances it out to my normal prediction levels (crap). Its par for the course. I hope I have got tomorrow's game wrong too. :D We all need Chelski to drop 2 points, preferably 3. At least they are playing away.

I don't mind United "dropping" 2 points against Villa, just because its a big club and we were at theirs. I think we can afford to get draws away against solid teams like that. They are the main team from Birmingham, which is bigger than Manchester.
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    ....says the man who insists that City will win the League this season :P

I predicted a City would win the league in the prediction thread. I think to say I am "insisting" they will win is a tad strong. Other than my pre-season prediction I have, I believe, been modestly reserved on the matter.

Unlike some cocky mockney I could mention :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Manc33 wrote:
    I don't mind United "dropping" 2 points against Villa, just because its a big club and we were at theirs. I think we can afford to get draws away against solid teams like that. They are the main team from Birmingham, which is bigger than Manchester.
    And the 'shyte excuse of the year' award for not winning a game goes to.....

This is the same 'big club' that we beat 8-0 not that long ago :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    ....says the man who predicts that City will win the League this season :P

I predicted a City would win the league in the prediction thread. I think to say I am "insisting" they will win is a tad strong. Other than my pre-season prediction I have, I believe, been modestly reserved on the matter.

FTFY :)
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:
    And the 'shyte excuse of the year' award for not winning a game goes to.....

This is the same 'big club' that we beat 8-0 not that long ago :wink:

According to Van Gaal, the Villa draw could cost ushited the title :shock:

It's good to see the ushited delusion goes all the way to the top :lol:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    ....says the man who predicted that City will win the League this season :P

FTFY :)

FTFY :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Any other predictions for today? See if anyone can beat Manc's clairvoyant skills...

I'll have a go (heart ruling head....)

Newcastle 2 Sunderland 1
    Scousers 1 The @rse 2
    Stoke 1 Chelski 1
    Aww shucks, looks like we both got it wrong again :mrgreen:
  • city_boy
    Yeah, fair play to Chelsea. Looks like that 7-3 formation is pretty effective :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    The table is quite interesting right now, lots of pairs of teams:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/table
    Manc wannabes 2nd and 3rd
    London Europa hopefuls 6th and 7th
    Scousers 10th and 11th
    London relegation squad 16th and 17th.

Only poor old Chelsea up there on their lonesome :wink:
  • tim_wand
    3 point lead at Christmas does not a title in May make.
    Any news on the Hazard injury? I regret it will now come down to who out of Chelski and Citee can get in the January sales, both Costa and Aguero don't look like they have a season of football in them.

Thought the same thing about Sanchez yesterday. I don't think a lot of the overseas lads are used to no Christmas Break and the intensity of the Prem.

Will be interesting to see how the City V Barcelona game goes in the CL, Its not until Feb and March, but could be the key to the EPL. If the points gap between Chelsea and Man city stays this close and city manage to see their way past Barcelona, then I think this will give Chelsea the upper hand in the final weeks of the season.

Pellegrini needs at least a Champions league final more than the premiership. and Although Jose would love to win it with Chelsea I don't see his position as being so dependent on success in Europe as Pellegrini's
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    3 point lead at Christmas does not a title in May make.
    Any news on the Hazard injury? I regret it will now come down to who out of Chelski and Citee can get in the January sales, both Costa and Aguero don't look like they have a season of football in them.

Thought the same thing about Sanchez yesterday. I don't think a lot of the overseas lads are used to no Christmas Break and the intensity of the Prem.

Will be interesting to see how the City V Barcelona game goes in the CL, Its not until Feb and March, but could be the key to the EPL. If the points gap between Chelsea and Man city stays this close and city manage to see their way past Barcelona, then I think this will give Chelsea the upper hand in the final weeks of the season.

Pellegrini needs at least a Champions league final more than the premiership. and Although Jose would love to win it with Chelsea I don't see his position as being so dependent on success in Europe as Pellegrini's
    It's better than being 3 points behind :) I said on another thread that Chelsea have been top of the league at Xmas 4 times before and gone on to win it 3 times so it's not a bad place to be!

Bit early to have anything on the Hazard injury but we're not built around one player.
  • tim_wand
    Bit early to have anything on the Hazard injury but we're not built around one player.

You should be , he's probably the best player in the Prem!!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    tim wand wrote:

He is a fantastic player, one of the best I've seen at the Bridge. Just needs to add more goals to his game and he'll be up there in the top drawer. Thankfully we like to spread the goals around, only Azpilacueta that hasn't scored I think. Great to see Cesc making a major contribution again. I'd like to thank Arsene for not taking up the option of bringing him back, what a sublime footballer he is. Even better than the player he was when he left for Barcelona.
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Gets boring when one team always wins, its like when Schumacher was winning the Grand Prix.

Chelsea can't keep winning these games. :x
  • tim_wand
    Manc33 wrote:
    Gets boring when one team always wins, its like when Schumacher was winning the Grand Prix.

Chelsea can't keep winning these games. :x

Oh well, wont be boring at The Prawn Sandwich Boutique for a while!!!
  • city_boy
    tim wand wrote:

He is a fantastic player but I'm not sure he's the best in the Prem? As Cornerblock says, he needs to add goals. If he did that and cut out the diving/play acting he would be close to being one tenth as good as Aguero :wink:

Joking apart, he is one of three Chelsea players I would love to see at City alongside Matic and Fabregas.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

He is a fantastic player but I'm not sure he's the best in the Prem? As Cornerblock says, he needs to add goals. If he did that and cut out the diving/play acting he would be close to being one tenth as good as Aguero :wink:

Joking apart, he is one of three Chelsea players I would love to see at City alongside Matic and Fabregas.
    I thought you'd want every Chelsea player to be at City, that way you might be ahead of us in the league :wink:
  • tim_wand
    I thought you'd want every Chelsea player to be at City, that way you might be ahead of us in the league

Maybe fat Frank will do for just now

You should try being a Gooner, all our best players are at City or Chelsea. (okay only joking about City)
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    You should try being a Gooner, all our best players are at City or Chelsea. (okay only joking about City)
    Not sure I could afford the antidepressants :D
  • Stevo_666
    Off to The Bridge tomorrow to watch the West Ham game :) Might have to get creative on the transport front as there's no District line running tomorrow :roll:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Off to The Bridge tomorrow to watch the West Ham game :) Might have to get creative on the transport front as there's no District line running tomorrow :roll:

A TARDIS might be your best bet, seeing as you'll be going back to the 19th Century :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

A TARDIS might be your best bet, seeing as you'll be going back to the 19th Century :wink:
    Even with a Tardis, we still won't find City winning the Champions League :P
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Even with a Tardis, we still won't find City winning the Champions League :P

You're more obsessed with City winning the Champions League than I am!
    I guess it's all you've got now that you're unassailable 8 point lead has somewhat evaporated :mrgreen:

Anyway, merry Xmas :D