The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,115
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yay, well done little Tottenham... that means...let me see...we're still 5th.
    Either you're in some wierd time warp where you're a day behind everyone else, or you taped MOTD last night and managed to avoid seeing any of the Sunday footy scores until tonight.

Yep. Went to bed early. Got up at 6.25am. One of my employees who was on the collection run with me doesn't like football and I didn't switch the radio on once.
    Doubt i'll pull that off a second time.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Yep. Went to bed early. Got up at 6.25am. One of my employees who was on the collection run with me

Doubt i'll pull them off a second time.

Weird Christmas Bonus' at your place, You really shouldn't harass your staff like that.

Hopefully a win against the Saints at their place will see us return to our habitual ( rightful, entitled) place in the top 4 .
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Well I finally enjoyed watching some football these season. Bet it all changes for the next game
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Why is Liverpool struggling so much this season? They have got the same manager as last year and they only lost one striker, albeit a really good striker, but other teams manage to pull together when that happens, like when Arsenal sold Henry (who was incidentally better than Suarez).

Moyes taking over United gave them a boost IMO. Now LVG is there doing his stuff, Liverpool are back to the old mentality again lol. Good. As long as they keep losing 4 times to every one time they win 4-1. :mrgreen:
  • Manc33 wrote:
    Why is Liverpool struggling so much this season? They have got the same manager as last year and they only lost one striker, albeit a really good striker, but other teams manage to pull together when that happens, like when Arsenal sold Henry (who was incidentally better than Suarez).

Moyes taking over United gave them a boost IMO. Now LVG is there doing his stuff, Liverpool are back to the old mentality again lol. Good. As long as they keep losing 4 times to every one time they win 4-1. :mrgreen:

Cos their defence is poo, Mignolet is next to useless, Sturridge is dead, Gerrard is old and they replaced one of the most dynamic forwards in the World with Lambert and Balloteli?
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,767
    Manc33 wrote:

Cos their defence is poo, Mignolet is next to useless, Sturridge is dead, Gerrard is old and they replaced one of the most dynamic forwards in the World with Lambert and Balloteli?
    So basically Liverpools main problems are crap goalie, crap defence, crap midfield and crap attack? Nothing a bit of spending in the January window can't fix.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tim_wand
    Did Southampton no harm in the Summer.

Wonder how long it is until Brendan is on the phone to Ronald, or more possibly Tom Werner is on the phone to Ronald.
  • pinno
    Rogers' signings have not been good. Lalalalaana lana and Lambert aren't as good as they were expected to be. I don't know what's happening with Henderson as he seemed like the natural successor to Gerard.
    Balotelli is hit and miss (more miss than hit). Whilst he has the talent, he has never realised his potential nor has he ever had a great work rate.
  • pinno
    On a sub note, we won't know if Sewerarez is as good as Henry for years but he isn't coming up to expectations at Barca - perhaps being No 2 to Messi and playing against (arguably) technically better defences.
    How many times have we seen players playing really well and then they shift teams only to come up short?
    Gaizka Mendieta for example - 48m eur to Lazio from Valencia and from then on was a damp squib sold on and on for less and less ending up on the subs bench at Boro.
  • tim_wand
    Suarez will come good. If he can carry a mediocre national team like Uruguay , then He ll be fine at Barca.
    Don't remember Bale particularly shining at Real until that Copa Del Rey final, and James is taking time to show full potential too.

Playing alongside Neymer and Messi, where you are no longer the main focus is going to mean he has to adapt his game , but I believe he has the work ethic and footballing intelligence to do it.

Fancy Suarez to rip City apart in February and March. Either way should be fun to watch.
  • pinno
    Can't see Man City giving Barca much resistance. I think Luis Enrique will be on the phone to the Burnley boss prior to kick off.
  • Stevo_666
    Plus their confidence may well be low after the end of January...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pulis has taken the West Brom job - didn't expect that.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Suarez is hard to rate at barca, he has been told to stay wide and when Neymar and Messi are free to pass it in, a lot of reports say he is miserable. He is a great addition to the team but he doesn't shine when he can't battle his way through people like he has (ignoring his sins)

Liverpool, inconsistent, lack of confidence since Gerrard slipped up and we let palace score 3. Throw in a lot of signings which were not proven players just potential. This along with a mass influx disrupts shit. Rodgers isn't Val Gaal who instills a winning mentality (like fergie and jose do). He also hasn't given players a run before swapping them so no one really knows what the score is. Throw in the underperforming and the out of position, hardly a shock LFC was/is a mess.

People seemed to think that last season meant we were exceptional and that the other teams wouldn't take note and improve themselves to ensure it didn't happen again.

Think Pulis didn't like the idea of the baggage that comes with Newcastle
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Does this mean West Brom are now in with a shout for the title and maybe Champions League winners next year? :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Does this mean West Brom are now in with a shout for the title and maybe Champions League winners next year? :wink:
    Possibly, although more importantly Pellegrini's job is now safe :D
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Possibly, although more importantly Pellegrini's job is now safe :D

Tee hee hee!
    You two should form a double act :roll:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    If you judge a manager by how well they get their teams to perform compared to how you expect the team to perform based on the quality if the squad, I reckon that Pulis is a better manager than Manuel the waiter :wink: So I'm quite glad that Pulis isn't managing your lot :)
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    So I'm quite glad that Pulis isn't managing your lot :)

Well at least we can agree on something :wink:
  • pinno
    I sure hope Pardew goes to Palace and I sure hope Palace gets relegated and I sure hope that we'll never see him again in the PL.
  • Stevo_666
    I sure hope Pardew goes to Palace and I sure hope Palace gets relegated and I sure hope that we'll never see him again in the PL.
    Why don't you like Pardew?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Why don't you like Pardew?

He comes over as a bit of a plonker. He lacks professionalism. He doesn't have any rapport with the fans. Newcastle need to be in at least the top 8 and Pardew isn't the man who will attract the right players in - look at the players that left and are threatening to leave. Newcastle have a great following, no fair weather gadges in that lot.
    I don't think Ashley is the brightest owner on the planet with his desire to change the name of the stadium though I guess that won't help anyone coming in to the job and I think it was a mistake to sack Houghton.
  • tim_wand
    Needs a Geordie, Through and Through, Only way it will remain a Fans club and not just Ashley's commercial vehicle , you can already see the " Chairman" edging his way out the door with the Rangers deal.

sad, sad, sad, Newcastle fans deserve better!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stevo_666
    Steve Bruce has ruled himself out already. Who else is there?
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Sting, Jimmy Nail, Eric Burdon, Cheryl Cole Fernandez whatever or maybe Mr. Bean.
  • tim_wand
    Jimmy Nail. For sure. He could get his back room staff from the old gang at Auf wiedersehen pet.

Those boys could get any job done! and are use to working for Gangster bosses.

newcastlesnewcoachingstaff_zps21b5437a.jpg

Sorry Barry refused to join! He's gone to West Brom or was it Wolverhampton Wanderers?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    tim wand wrote:
    Jimmy Nail. For sure. He could get his back room staff from the old gang at Auf wiedersehen pet.

Sorry Barry refused to join! He's gone to West Brom or was it Wolverhampton Wanderers?

At least they'd have a decent wall for the free kicks. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Sorry!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,096
    Ballysmate wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

At least they'd have a decent wall for the free kicks. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Sorry!

:)
  • city_boy
    Super Frankie Lampard!!

The Scum, the @rse and the Scousers all cocking up today. Looks like it's just gonna be just us two standing Stevo :)

Come on you Spurs :twisted:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,096
    City Boy wrote:
    Super Frankie Lampard!!

The Scum, the @rse and the Scousers all cocking up today. Looks like it's just gonna be just us two standing Stevo :)

Come on you Spurs :twisted:

What a stupid throw away of points for Liverpool today :(