The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,765
    Manc33 wrote:
    Liverpool soundly leathered giving Man United their sixth win in a row. :mrgreen: Even under Fergie that would be bordering on exceptional.

Actually if that game was a boxing match, Liverpool probably would have got a tight victory. :roll: Without De Gea playing so well it would have just been 3-3 or even 3-4 to Liverpool. Still, this is what separates the elite teams from teams that have the league in their hands and still can't win it.
    It doesn't take much for you to forget what Leicester did to you lot a few weeks ago :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Predictions:

Man City 5 Crystal Palace 0 :roll: (even without a striker, having no striker will just help them probably and it will be down to Fat Frank again and a few other midfielders to rally around and get the goals)

Aston Villa 1 Manchester United 1 :roll: (we can't win a 7th game in a row, surely?)

Hull 0 Swansea 0
    QPR 2 West Brom 1
    West Ham 3 Leicester 0
    Tottenham 2 Burnley 0
    Southampton 2 Everton 2
    Newcastle 1 Sunderland 0
    Liverpool 1 Arsenal 2 :lol:
    Stoke 0 Chelsea 1
  • If Arsenal can't get points off Liverpool in their current state then they may as well give up.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    If Arsenal can't get points off Liverpool in their current state then they may as well sign Thierry Henry

FTFY :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    If Arsenal can't get points off Liverpool in their current state then they may as well sign Thierry Henry

FTFY :D
    It seems that being a pundit on Sky is a better proposition for him than playing for Arsenal again :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Manc33 wrote:
    Predictions:

Man City 5 Crystal Palace 0 :roll: (even without a striker, having no striker will just help them probably and it will be down to Fat Frank again and a few other midfielders to rally around and get the goals)

Aston Villa 1 Manchester United 1 :roll: (we can't win a 7th game in a row, surely?)

Hull 0 Swansea 0
    QPR 2 West Brom 1
    West Ham 3 Leicester 0
    Tottenham 2 Burnley 0
    Southampton 2 Everton 2
    Newcastle 1 Sunderland 0
    Liverpool 1 Arsenal 2 :lol:
    Stoke 0 Chelsea 1

Oh this is fun, lets have a go.
    City 3 palace 1
    Hull 1 Swansea 2
    QPR 1 west brom 1
    West ham 1 Leicester 1
    Spurs 1 Burnley 1
    Southampton 1 Everton 2
    Liverpool 0 Arsenal 2
    Stoke 1 Chelsea 3

Manc33 Stevo 666

I ll give a tenner to the charity of his choice if Manc 33 gets more right than me :D
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Manc 33 Stevo 666
    Looks like I always win :)
  • pinno
  • Stevo_666
    Too right. Quote from your linky:
    "The financial crisis has also significantly affected Arsenal shareholder Alisher Usmanov, whose wealth is said to have fallen from $13.3 billion to $4.5 billion." :wink:
  • Manc33
    That's part of why the multi-billion takeovers of two of the league's clubs had such an impact on the rest of the league. They were the only ones that could just throw any amount of money at any player and get him (within reason, who remembers the City fan that got a Kaka tattoo lol), no one else could do that, not even United. The Glazers certainly won't throw that kind of cash around, they don't have it, unless its absolutely vital to "spend big" like recently. Meanwhile Chelsea (and now Man City) are having a free for all.

If I had to choose who I would want to win the league after Man United it would probably be Arsenal. Yeah they talk about rivalry with Man United but forget it, its a laugh - the rivalry with Liverpool is a thousand times more and with Man City its almost like it is with Arsenal, except you can't respect City because they have no history of winning all that much when Arsenal have. Its even possible Arsenal could win the European Cup under Wenger if he switches it up the right way.

When City and Liverpool play, I always want City to win. :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Manc33 wrote:
    That's part of why the multi-billion takeovers of two of the league's clubs had such an impact on the rest of the league. They were the only ones that could just throw any amount of money at any player and get him (within reason, who remembers the City fan that got a Kaka tattoo lol), no one else could do that, not even United. The Glazers certainly won't throw that kind of cash around, they don't have it, unless its absolutely vital to "spend big" like recently. Meanwhile Chelsea (and now Man City) are having a free for all.
    You forgot what you posted earlier this month then? :wink:

ToVfv4a.png
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    "The financial crisis has also significantly affected Arsenal shareholder Alisher Usmanov, whose wealth is said to have fallen from $13.3 billion to $4.5 billion." :wink:

There is a difference though, Abramovich backs Chelsea out of his own pocket to win things whereas Arsenal prefer to fleece their fans or sell off talent in order to secure 4th without relying on a wealthy individual. I don't think Usmanov has put any money directly into the club, he's just spent lots on buying shares.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

There is a difference though, Abramovich backs Chelsea out of his own pocket to win things whereas Arsenal prefer to fleece their fans or sell off talent in order to secure 4th without relying on a wealthy individual. I don't think Usmanov has put any money directly into the club, he's just spent lots on buying shares.
    Fair point, although not sure either have actually 'lost' money - the valuation is done in dollars and as the rouble has tanked against the dollar recently, their measured assets will be less in dollars. Don't think it's going to stop Roman funding Chelsea any more than the drop in oil prices will stop Sheikh whatshisname funding City.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Manc33 wrote:
    The Glazers certainly won't throw that kind of cash around, they don't have it, unless its absolutely vital to "spend big" like recently. Meanwhile Chelsea (and now Man City) are having a free for all.

You don't half post some nonsense. 'They certainly won't throw that sort of cash around as they don't have it, unless it's vital'! :?
    So not really that certain at all then? :roll:
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    You don't half post some nonsense.

He's a united fan, do you honestly expect anything else? :roll:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    United delusions aside, should be an interesting weekend of footy.

Also happy birthday to City Boy, I hope that Palace bring him everything he deserves :wink:
  • city_boy
    Another year older but certainly no wiser :(

Yes it is an interesting weekend. A win for City will certainly shed a different light on the Chelsea game. It'll be revealing to see how they deal with a bit of pressure?

I guess we're both a bit nervy. Warnock and Hughes' teams play the type of football that's always likely to unsettle/upset the top teams.

Are you going to watch the City game?

And I'm gonna go against you in the 'supporting a small, unfashionable club' game and I'm going for the @rse! Any team that has the best chance of knocking yoonited out of the top four gets my support :wink:
  • city_boy
    Oh....and Villa!

Come on The Villa! :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
    I'm not in Manc this weekend, though in any event she only has one ST - her other half isn't interested so I couldn't scrounge a spare one when I am in town - if you see what I mean. It'll be MOTD for me...

I don't think Maureen will let the pressure get to him even if you do win - which you probably will :wink:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    though in any event she only has one ST

:shock:

City v Palace on telly! BT Sport!
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    though in any event she only has one ST

:shock:

City v Palace on telly! BT Sport!
    Good point - only SWMBO can spoil the plan....
  • city_boy
    3-0.....no strikers!.......game on 8)
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    City.....no strikers!.......game in hand for Chelsea 8)
    FTFY :wink:
  • Manc33
    City Boy wrote:

I got 5/7 results right (Win/Lose/Draw) :P

Got the Hull game and Southampton game wrong.

Didn't have a bet so, saved £1. :mrgreen:
  • pinno
    Manc33 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:

I got 5/7 results right (Win/Lose/Draw) :P

Got the Hull game and Southampton game wrong.

Didn't have a bet so, saved £1. :mrgreen:

£1?! You are eithe skint (and we know why) or you don't have much faith in your convictions (or both).
  • Manc33
    No I just see gambling as a waste of money. :!:
  • Stevo_666
    Any other predictions for today? See if anyone can beat Manc's clairvoyant skills...
  • city_boy
    edited December 2014
    So, unless Brenda cops it in the next couple of days, it will be the first time in a long time that no Premiership manager has been sacked before Christmas.

Any predictions on who will be the first to go?

I reckon it will be between Brenda and Nigel Pearson!
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    So, unless Brenda cops it in the next couple of days, it will be the first time in a long time that no Premiership manager has been sacked before Christmas.

Any predictions on who will be the first to go?

I reckon it will be between Brenda a Nigel Pearson!
    I reckon Rodgers will be OK for now but may get the chop end of season if they carry on like this after having wasted more money in the January window. Leicester have to act now to avoid the drop and Tony Pulis is busy twiddling his thumbs waiting to save a struggling team, now he has missed out on the chance to manage City after Manuel the waiter saved you from the Europa :P
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Any other predictions for today? See if anyone can beat Manc's clairvoyant skills...

I'll have a go (heart ruling head....)

Newcastle 2 Sunderland 1
    Scousers 1 The @rse 2
    Stoke 1 Chelski 1