The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,018
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Liverpool have as much firepower as a potatoe gun that's broken
    I'm looking forward to watching a spot of pub football when you play Man U on Sunday...
    Double the gift this Monday.
    Easy to wind up half the office regardless who wins.
    Wind up the whole office if both teams drop 2 points.
    :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    Growing up having to watch the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd dominate the league I always said if I could see Chelsea win it just once in my lifetime I'd die satisfied. Well it's gone beyond my wildest dreams success wise but entitlement? Never!
    Not for you. And I applaud that.
    There will be older generations of Man U supporters that could say the same, but the new generations have been spoiled.
    Chelsea and Man City are too new for this, but it will come.
    Arsenal sail too close to the wind to be comfortable but later generations will be gobsmacked if they don't finish top 4.
    Liverpool thought they were back where they belonged towards the end of last season. Oh well.

Oh good Lord, that officially makes me feel old - thanks for that.

Grew up watching the teams of Sexton and Atkinson promise so much but never deliver (except the odd FA Cup back when it actually meant something), and Liverpool dominating not just domestically but in Europe as well, so every year since 1993 has been somewhat of an extended bonus - but I am under no illusions that it can't all disappear in a few mis-managed seasons.

PS - thanks for this thread, I haven't heard stuff like this since the Sixth Form common room in 1986! Ah...the memories...
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    What were you saying about Podolski Tim?

Awesome !!! Don't think anyone has a better goals to strike rate than Podolski, and my god can he hit a ball.

Someone said in the post match analysis , he's the one Arsenal play who wont look to take the extra touch or pass to score the perfect goal, He ll just hit it!!! I ve no issue with that or Podolski I just wish Wenger would give him more of a chance.

Nice to see Ramsey notching the goals again, He always seems to play better in the absence of Wiltshire. Bit like how Gerrard and Lampard couldn't play together well for England but Individually shone.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:
    Congratulations...
    Chelsea don't get any congratulations.

"But they're through already!"

I don't/can't care.
    I would congratulate Manure if they were actually in the competition :wink:

:( Liverpool have as much firepower as a potatoe gun that's broken

Yes, they are officially toothless.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Booooooooo. Hissssssssssssss.

How come this thread got locked?
    viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=13005148

What sort of a bike forum is this if a user posts about cassette durability and the thread is locked?

Its pretty ridiculous.
  • pinno
    Manc33 wrote:
    Booooooooo. Hissssssssssssss.

How come this thread got locked?
    viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=13005148

What sort of a bike forum is this if a user posts about cassette durability and the thread is locked?

Its pretty ridiculous.

It must be you and don't get this thread locked either. :evil:

Was it a fake SR... nah, f*ck it - talk about footie here please.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Manc33 wrote:
    Booooooooo. Hissssssssssssss

Was he the Norwegian bloke who managed Wimbledon?
  • Manc33
    I am surprised how well Arsenal have done this time around, they don't normally.

Chelsea and Man City getting through is less of an achievement really because Arsenal haven't got billions behind them, the other two teams have.

It actually looks bad for English football I think. Our teams need to have billions behind them to compete with the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich?
  • pinno
    Manc33 wrote:
    I am surprised how well Arsenal have done this time around, they don't normally.

Chelsea and Man City getting through is less of an achievement really because Arsenal haven't got billions behind them, the other two teams have.

It actually looks bad for English football I think. Our teams need to have billions behind them to compete with the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich?

Well, you have just quoted the richest club in the world and probably one of the top 5 richest clubs in the world respectively but I thank you for the sentiment about Arsenal.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,765
    Manc33 wrote:

According to you, Man U haven't got much money either...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Manc33 wrote:

Yeah it's terrible the money English clubs are spending to compete with those two European minnows who operate on a shoestring. :roll: Still it's a lot better than spending a fortune and not competing eh?
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Manc33 wrote:
    I think.

I'm not convinced! :lol:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • city_boy
    We'll, if it goes to form I expect City and Chelsea to maintain the status quo this weekend. @rse v Geordies should be a cracker and a tough one to call. As for the Sunday league pub match, I'm hoping the team from Scouserpool have a bit too much for the Dog & Duck from Trafford :)
  • tim_wand
    Fat Frank signing of the season? His geography is a bit shite though, whens someone going to tell him The Etihad isn't in New York. Christine must be getting hacked off walking around the Trafford centre looking for Macy's !

Still 175 goals in the Prem from Mid field equalling Thierry Henrys 175 from the left wing :D Not bad!

I have an equal dislike for the Mug mashers and the Scum so really cant be bothered with today's game but push comes to shove I would like to see Manure drop some points.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    going to pop my head over the parapet for stevo
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,096
    all I can say is probably banned on here :(
  • city_boy
    And Pinno?
    Given the Gunner's result, he is conspicuous by his absence!
  • tim_wand
    I hope Bournemouth knock em out of the Cup, then not only do I get to see Brendon looking more miserable but we can link two threads :D

Pina loves it when you cross contaminate threads, its bound to bring him back :!:
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno should be back now they've sorted that forum logon problem...

Chelski v Hull was good to watch, even the ballet was quite amusing :) We could have done with Fabregas in midfield mind. We were only sat 12 rows away from the visiting Hull fans so there was some good 'banter' going on :twisted:

Some worrying injury lists racking up for a few teams for the busy period...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Chelski v Hull was good to watch, even the ballet was quite amusing :) We could have done with Fabregas in midfield mind. We were only sat 12 rows away from the visiting Hull fans so there was some good 'banter' going on :twisted:

:lol: Give him the glitter ball off strictly!
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Your boys better be careful then. Now the frost is starting to harden the pitches up, with all that theatrical throwing themselves to the ground, someone is gonna get hurt! :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Your boys better be careful then. Now the frost is starting to harden the pitches up, with all that theatrical throwing themselves to the ground, someone is gonna get hurt! :wink:
    So are you going play Fat Frank up front as a lone striker for the next few weeks? :lol:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    So are you going play Fat Frank up front as a lone striker for the next few weeks? :lol:

He could well prove to be the signing of the season!

Thankfully, our December fixtures are against the easier teams and hopefully we have enough goals across the team to see us through!

If Chelsea choose to reject Hazard at the end of the season, we'd be happy to take him too :wink:
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:
    Fat Frank signing of the season...

Still 175 goals in the Prem from Mid field equalling Thierry Henrys 175 from the left wing :D Not bad!...points.

Henry, League appearances (Arsenal): 254 - 174 goals
    Fatty, League appearances (For Chelsea): 429 - 147 goals.

Total career league appearances:
    Henry, T: 581 - 284 goals
    Lumpy F: 597 - 176.

You can't compare Magic feet va va voom come back please Thierry with the porky cockney lad mid-fielder.
  • Stevo_666
    @ CB, why don't you take Torres for the rest of the season? We don't want him either, but we did watch him put the last minute winner past Joe Hart when you came to The Bridge last year so he can't be all bad :wink:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    @ CB, why don't you take Torres for the rest of the season? We don't want him either, but we did watch him put the last minute winner past Joe Hart when you came to The Bridge last year so he can't be all bad :wink:

No thanks. We'll stick with Pozo and you can keep your Bozo :mrgreen:
  • tim_wand
    World class strikers available in the January Sales.

Can those poor noisy neighbours across the City really afford to keep hold of Falco?

I hope to feck he don't go back to Monaco after today's stroke of Luck.
  • Manc33
    Liverpool soundly leathered giving Man United their sixth win in a row. :mrgreen: Even under Fergie that would be bordering on exceptional.

Actually if that game was a boxing match, Liverpool probably would have got a tight victory. :roll: Without De Gea playing so well it would have just been 3-3 or even 3-4 to Liverpool. Still, this is what separates the elite teams from teams that have the league in their hands and still can't win it.
  • tim_wand
    LVG got a little bit prickly when asked about De Gea's contract. Reckon that's him off back to Spain.
    this is what separates the elite teams from teams that have the league in their hands and still can't win it.

As for the elite teams , it seems your forgetting last season Manc33 as much as Liverpool fans want to recall it.
    Your still nowhere near Citee and Chelski . Unless of course the Glaziers get that thin cheque book of theirs out in January so LVG can buy his injured dutch Love child Strootman and confuse everything again by trying to build a team around him.
  • 2a00qxg.jpg