The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,767
    Manc33 wrote:
    No draws, 4 away wins, crazy. :lol:
    Bit of a season first - an optimistic Man U supporter :) How do you fancy your chances against your 'noisy neighbours' in April?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:
    No draws, 4 away wins, crazy. :lol:
    Bit of a season first - an optimistic Man U supporter :) How do you fancy your chances against your 'noisy neighbours' in April?

No I was referring to all the Premier League games that were all on Boxing Day, those ten games. :P

When we play the "Eleven Idiots Dreaming Of Success" I reckon:

60% chance of a tight draw like 0-0 or 1-1.
    20% Chance of a slim Man City win like 2-1 or 3-2.
    15% chance Man City hammer us like by three clear goals or more.
    5% chance we hammer them the same way.

With it being the game it is, a tight draw I think, maybe even a 0-0'er.

If Man City really want to though I think it will be them beating us rather than us beating them. Who knows what Van Gaal has got planned though. It could very well be the case that we absolutely hammer them, but I reckon a draw. Let's face it, Di Maria and Mata alone can tear any team apart and we have the likes of Rooney and RVP there too. It'll be reet. :)
  • Manc33
    Predictions:

Tottenham 2 Man Utd 2
    Southampton 1 Chelsea 1
    Aston Villa 2 Sunderland 0
    Hull 2 Leicester 1
    Man City 7 Burnley 0
    QPR 0 Crystal Palace 1
    Stoke 3 West Brom 0
    West Ham 2 Arsenal 1
    Newcastle 3 Everton 3

Not had a 3-3 for a while. :)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    I really wish I could rekindle my interest in "The beautiful game" or any other sport for that matter. :cry:
    But for me, watching the "drama" unfold during the football season is akin to following the X factor. Couldn't give a fcuk!
  • Stevo_666
    Manc33 wrote:
    Predictions:

Tottenham 2 Man Utd 2
    Southampton 1 Chelsea 1
    Aston Villa 2 Sunderland 0
    Hull 2 Leicester 1
    Man City 7 Burnley 0
    QPR 0 Crystal Palace 1
    Stoke 3 West Brom 0
    West Ham 2 Arsenal 1
    Newcastle 3 Everton 3

Not had a 3-3 for a while. :)
    Some interesting predictions there :wink: I do think you do down Manures chances in your forecasts so you can exceed expectations. And the opposite for City...

Apparently Chelsea were so knackered after beating West Ham on Friday that they held a training session at Stamford Bridge after the game :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    When the going gets tough, the tough draw with Burnley :lol:
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Well thankfully they softened up West Ham for us, Hopefully You ve done the same to the Saints.

Either way strange day for results. Pleased for Leicester though , could have seen that being Pearson's last game!
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    That's football! There'll be plenty more twists and turns before the end of the season. No change in the top 4 with only @rsenal making any ground.
    Chelsea were lucky to grab a point against a team we took apart 3-0, despite them only having to play 10 men at the end (a familiar theme). Oh, and another player booked for cheating (another familiar theme!!).

All in all, given a lack of strikers, captain and Yaya, I think we've done well to whittle the 8 point lead to 3, with half a season still to go, against the champions :wink:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • tim_wand
    What price Ashley Barnes in the window?

Sorry City boy but there's no spin other than that was a mighty big missed chance today! I hope for all our sakes there will be others, but at the Etihad you should have closed that one out.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Well done to the Ginger Mourihno, outwitting the Silver Pulis. :D.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Sorry City boy but there's no spin other than that was a mighty big missed chance today! at the Etihad you should have closed that one out.
    ^^^
    This.

We drew away with a team that until a few weeks ago was ahead of City. Whereas you just drew at home with a team that will be lucky to avoid relegation. What odds do you reckon you'd get at the bookies on Chelsea letting Burnley grab a draw at Stamford Bridge after opening up a 2 goal lead? :wink:
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    tim wand wrote:
    Sorry City boy but there's no spin other than that was a mighty big missed chance today! I hope for all our sakes there will be others, but at the Etihad you should have closed that one out.

I don't disagree, it was a bad result and a very poor 2nd half performance :|

But, it has to be put onto context. In the two title wins in the last 3 years we have had similar results against bottom of the table sides. Some of them at the business end of the season which has resulted in all the experts and a good number of City fans writing off our chances because of them. We also won both titles from being 8/9 points behind with just a handful of games to go.

City will always have these blips, it's in our DNA. Today, Burnley appear to have had the rub of the green with an offside goal and then pushed on and deservedly grabbed a draw. We thought we had it won and switched off. Yes, that really pees me off, but it could have been a lot worse!

To say that we haven't ended up worse off after a potentially disastrous result isn't spin.....it's a huge sense of relief!
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    My missus was doing a bit of dusting while the footy was on. As she dusted the telly half the Chelsea side fell over.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    My missus was doing a bit of dusting while the footy was on. As she dusted the telly half the Chelsea side fell over.
    You're such a biatch Bally :) Now if ever there was a claim for 'we woz robbed' it was that trip on Fabregas yesterday. I guess that's why City fans are so relieved :wink:
  • Manc33
    Man City really should have won that one since they were at home against such mediocre opposition. Man United's away draw against a decent side is an acceptable result. I never expected LVG to be doing this well after the Moyes debacle. He could have played it like a politician "Well I am still adjusting the team from the last manager" but he has never made one single remark like that, but then he hasn't really needed to apart from the Leicester game. :oops:

I did all my predictions not even realizing Liverpool weren't in the list, they could vanish off the face of the planet and I wouldn't notice (like Wales, if it just floated away who'd notice?!) just kidding, I like Wales really. :roll:

Liverpool 1 Swansea 0

Anyway why is a Welsh team in the English Premier League? Now that I can't agree with.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    All going to come good tonight, I feel it in my blood, or that may be the booze, lack of food and all the cold air from cycling
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tim_wand
    Anyway why is a Welsh team in the English Premier League? Now that I can't agree with.

You support a team called Manchester, (from the old celt for Mainly Chester) or in modern English mainly shite!

As you know Chester is the only club with a ground half in England and Half in Wales.

As your club is actually Mainly Chester ( and totally shite) maybe you should go and play in Wales, with Ryan and all the sheep.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,115
    Ouch City... oops. :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Please f**k off to Palace Pardew.
  • pinno
    Come on the 4rse.
  • Stevo_666
    Come on the 4rse.
    But they aren't playing tonight?
  • pinno
    Well done Saints, although a bit lucky.
  • pinno
    Hull vs Leicester, think i'll ffd this one...
  • Stevo_666
    Not one of our better perfomances for sure, even if you take the penalty argument out of the equation. Arsenal are on fire now - they've whittled Chelsea's lead over them down to a measly 13 points :wink:
  • pinno
    Stoke vs West Brom... boring.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not one of our better perfomances for sure, even if you take the penalty argument out of the equation. Arsenal are on fire now - they've whittled Chelsea's lead over them down to a measly 13 points :wink:

You could have been 5 points clear.
  • pinno
    Warnock must be cashing in on all the unfinished contracts.
  • Stevo_666
    You could have been 5 points clear.
    S*** happens - we could have been only one point ahead. Still well placed at the half way mark and have home matches against City, Manure and Liverpool to come next year - which I hope to go and see.
  • pinno
    Yay, well done little Tottenham... that means...let me see...we're still 5th.
  • Stevo_666
    Yay, well done little Tottenham... that means...let me see...we're still 5th.
    Either you're in some wierd time warp where you're a day behind everyone else, or you taped MOTD last night and managed to avoid seeing any of the Sunday footy scores until tonight.

Anyway, good to see you're happy with a Europe League spot :)