The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,765
    Getting back to tonight's action, should be interesting as Sunderland have beaten City the last 4 games on the trot at the Stadium of Light. Come on the Black Cats :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Getting back to tonight's action, should be interesting as Sunderland have beaten City the last 4 games on the trot at the Stadium of Light. Come on the Black Cats :D

Bit early in the season to be relying on other teams results, isn't it?? :wink:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You've been looking at the PL table upside down again, haven't you :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    City Boy wrote:

It certainly is, but what other choice do City have eh? :wink:
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Sunderland pull it out of the hat against big teams sometimes, remember the Liverpool "beach ball" incident where Sunderland beat them 1-0? :mrgreen:

Looking at Sunderland's home form this season, a draw isn't out of the question and they may even get the win.

At their ground up to now this season they have managed to get draws against Manchester United, Everton, Chelsea and Spurs. They have only lost once at home - I won't mention by whom.
  • Manc33
    I wanted Arsenal to win last night and I am glad they did. Man United were in 3rd place, they won the last 2 games, but now are somehow in 4th place? Are they having a laugh or what? You can't do any better than to win, so how have we slipped down one place? I'm annoyed about this!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,018
    Manc33 wrote:
    I wanted Arsenal to win last night and I am glad they did. Man United were in 3rd place, they won the last 2 games, but now are somehow in 4th place? Are they having a laugh or what? You can't do any better than to win, so how have we slipped down one place? I'm annoyed about this!
    Have you missed a year or so?
    It is quite some time since Manchester United were in 3rd place.
    Or do you just see Manchester near the top and make an assumption?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    PBlakeney wrote:

Ignorance is bliss.. It's why i'm not looking at the table or achknowledging wins or losses or their conseqences at the moment.
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:

Ignorance is bliss.. It's why i'm not looking at the table or achknowledging wins or losses or their conseqences at the moment.
    Funny that, I like looking at the table :mrgreen:
  • Manc33
    I thought we went third for 24h?

Even more annoyed now that we never were third. They really must pull their socks up.

Even though Southampton lost it was just 1-0 and away against one of the best teams, thats not even a bad result. They have -1 goal difference because of it. They can afford to lose 3 points. :roll:

If Southampton finish in the top 4 I will give my bike away.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    Manc33 wrote:
    I thought...

We know all about your bike. No one, I mean no one wants your bike.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Manc33
    Manc33 wrote:
    I thought...

We know all about your bike. No one, I mean no one wants your bike.

Damn it you figured it out.
  • Stevo_666
    Back to the footy - predictions for tomorrow?
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Wins for City and the Scousers, draw for Chelski and defeats for the @rse and the Scum (Southampton should win now they're back to playing one of the minnows :mrgreen: )
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I predict three more hard fought points and a step nearer the title. As for the others, who cares!
    Honestly though it would not surprise me tomorrow if we did come unstuck, the Geordies always raise their game against us at St.James', I think it may be the only Premier ground where Jose has yet to get a win. Matic will be a big miss but I still think we'll have enough to prevail. :? I hope!
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Wins for the Scousers,
    Unusually modest for you :wink:

Newcastle always seem to raise their game against us at St. James' Park but I think their love of attacking football might just be their undoing this time. Hopefully.
  • pinno
    The Premier league would get a whole lot more interesting if Chekski slipped on a couple of banana skins.
    The christmas/new year schedule will be critical as well as the games in Jan and Feb in colder weather with poorer surfaces.
  • Stevo_666
    Everyone else had a go in Gerrards boots this season so you never know. Also City have quite an easy run of games over the next few weeks - Everton is their strongest competition in the next 6 weeks. So if they mess it up now there are no excuses :wink:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Unusually modest for you :wink:

:lol: It has been said that I've got plenty to be modest about!

Everton try to play football, which I think suits City so we have a great chance in that one.
    Stoke and Southampton are both due wins and being at home I think they have a great chance of beating the @rse and the Scum respectively.

Geordies v Chelski should be a Chelski win if it goes to form but it's one of those banana skin games, especially as Corneblock says, without Matic.

Is 'Cup of Coffee' fit to play?
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Yep, and was 'rested' against Spurs mid-week so should be on decent form. That said, even without him scoring goals were not a problem :)
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Yep, and was 'rested' against Spurs mid-week so should be on decent form. That said, even without him scoring goals were not a problem :)

Apart from the Sunderland game, of course :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:

I suppose Sunderland are to Chelsea what Stoke are to City. Except that we drew and you lost :lol:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:

I suppose Sunderland are to Chelsea what Stoke are to City. Except that we drew and you lost :lol:

Your beginning to sound like MU supporters used to sound like stevo. Very worrying indeed.
  • Stevo_666
    I'm enjoying it while I can. A bit like an Arsenal fan about 17 years ago :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm enjoying it while I can. A bit like an Arsenal fan about 17 years ago :wink:

As long as it doesn't drag on for 27 years.

Abramovic just might get popped by some other Oligarch now that the Ruskies are in a little bit of trouble (with any luck) and you lot will be back in the Championship quicker than Moussa Sissoko with a dose of the runs.
  • Stevo_666
    Abramovic just might get popped by some other Oligarch now that the Ruskies are in a little bit of trouble (with any luck) and you lot will be back in the Championship quicker than Moussa Sissoko with a dose of the runs.
    Or you could try beating us at football :twisted:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Or you could try beating us at football :twisted:

He'd go out and buy Messi and Ronaldo if Arsenal beat Chelski.
  • Manc33
    City Boy wrote:
    Everton try to play football, which I think suits City

You mean like the season not long ago (Blackpool were up) where Everton did the double over Man City and were the only team that season to do so?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80 ... ue#Results

It suits me that this is who City are having to play this weekend, I am sort of rubbing my hands a little bit to be honest. Everton are a big team, with a very long history. When was the last time they even went down? With Martinez at the helm, they definitely could beat Man City, because they could beat anyone on the day.

Also, look what Martinez did when he was at Wigan - you don't win the FA Cup for no reason - something Manchester United know all about and City barely anything.

Don't forget, that was a mediocre team Martinez was winning it with. Managing Everton now he is only ever going to be hell bent on beating teams like Man City away and I think he is absolutely capable of doing so. All he really has to do is keep Aguero under control anyway.

Predictions:

Newcastle 2 Chelsea 2
    Stoke 1 Arsenal 1
    Liverpool 2 Sunderland 0
    Tottenham 3 Crystal Palace 1
    Hull 0 West Brom 1
    QPR 2 Burnley 1
    Man City 0 Everton 1
    West Ham 2 Swansea 0
    Aston Villa 2 Leicester 1
    Southampton 1 Man Utd 4

We could have a chant for the game, sung to Gary Glitter's "come on come on".

Ronald Koeman, Ronald Koeman, Ronald Koeman Koeman.

We're gonna beat Southampton Southampton Southampton,
    We're gonna beat Southampton, oh yeah.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,018
    Manc33 wrote:
    Also, look what Martinez did when he was at Wigan - you don't win the FA Cup for no reason - something Manchester United know all about and City barely anything.
    I truly enjoy your revisionist history.
    Manchester City - Winners 2010-2011.
    Manchester United - Winners 2003-2004.

Manchester City were a different team before that. Manchester United are a different team now.
    Relying on history for current results is a bit desperate.

Do keep entertaining us though!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • city_boy
    Manc33 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Everton try to play football, which I think suits City

You mean like the season not long ago (Blackpool were up) where Everton did the double over Man City and were the only team that season to do so?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80 ... ue#Results

It suits me that this is who City are having to play this weekend, I am sort of rubbing my hands a little bit to be honest. Everton are a big team, with a very long history. When was the last time they even went down? With Martinez at the helm, they definitely could beat Man City, because they could beat anyone on the day.

Don't forget, that was a mediocre team Martinez was winning it with. Managing Everton now he is only ever going to be hell bent on beating teams like Man City away and I think he is absolutely capable of doing so. All he really has to do is keep Aguero under control anyway.

Predictions:

Newcastle 2 Chelsea 2Gy
    Stoke 1 Arsenal 1
    Liverpool 2 Sunderland 0
    Tottenham 3 Crystal Palace 1
    Hull 0 West Brom 1
    QPR 2 Burnley 1
    Man City 0 Everton 1
    West Ham 2 Swansea 0
    Aston Villa 2 Leicester 1
    Southampton 1 Man Utd 4

We could have a chant for the game, sung to Gary Glitter's "come on come on".

We're gonna beat Southampton Southampton Southampton,
    We're gonna beat Southampton, oh yeah.

Does your mum know you were up at that time of night? Or were you at a sleepover? :lol: