The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Yes I was there, I am most games. Oscar was the best player on the pitch, Costa just looked a bit rusty after his injury and illness. Fabregas like most of them wasn't on his game but most importantly he didn't pick up a yellow which would have meant him missing the Liverpool game.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    "Jose bitches about crowd" Stevo sort it out
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Probably a bit difficult to sing when you have a mouthful of Bacon and Avocado baguette.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,765
    sa0u823e wrote:
    "Jose bitches about crowd" Stevo sort it out
    I'm still slightly hoarse after yesterday's efforts. The song repertoire is always slightly limited for me on account of sitting in the family section :) That said, the crowd in Matthew Harding stand was within earshot and wasn't quite so polite about QPR :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Probably a bit difficult to sing when you have a mouthful of Bacon and Avocado baguette.
    Get your facts right sonny - it was chicken and pesto yesterday :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Probably a bit difficult to sing when you have a mouthful of Bacon and Avocado baguette.

Not a £2.50 pie then??
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not a £2.50 pie then??
    The trouble 'n' strife refuses to eat them so she went out and got some food before we headed into town :roll:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The trouble 'n' strife refuses to eat them so she went out and got some food before we headed into town :roll:

You take your wife to the football? What a waste of a seat.
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2014
    johnfinch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You take your wife to the football? What a waste of a seat.
    She's a lifelong, rabid Chelsea fan. Me going to a match and not taking her would probably be grounds for divorce (actually, there's an idea...). Look on the bright side, she gets up at stupid o'clock to bag the decent seats when they release them for sale online, and I don't need to justify the expense or get a leave out to go watch the footy :)
  • cornerblock
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not a £2.50 pie then??

£2.50? You'll be lucky. Try £4.50, I think Man City's are about £4.00 though. At least at Chelsea we're seeing the team win while we eat ours. :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not a £2.50 pie then??

£2.50? You'll be lucky. Try £4.50, I think Man City's are about £4.00 though. At least at Chelsea we're seeing the team win while we eat ours. :wink:
    I posted a link a little while back to the 'cost of football' survey that gave the cost of tickets, season tickets, food, programmes etcs and claimed pies were only £2.50 at The Bridge. I've never seen one of these mythical cheapo pies myself, sounds like you haven't either.
  • city_boy
    To quote my learned friend......
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Phew :)
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    To quote my learned friend......
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Phew :)
    I was listening to the game on the radio and it sounds like City and Chelsea both gave a master class this weekend in how to make a meal of games against crap teams. Hope we don't do it again next weekend :)

But thanks for putting Manure in their place - 10 games played, 13 points behind/half the points we have and still not won away from home. Champion :D
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    How did that only end up 1-0?
  • city_boy
    Motogull wrote:
    How did that only end up 1-0?

I would say a combination of an inept referee (3 blatant penalties and 1 red card not given) and some baffling substitutions by Pellegrini :roll:

Still, 3 points is 3 points! :)
  • cornerblock
    City Boy wrote:
    and some baffling substitutions by Pellegrini :roll:

Indeed that Fernandihno for Aguero change, shutting up shop against the 10 men eh! Almost Pullis-, I mean Mourinho-esk. :wink:
  • city_boy
    City Boy wrote:
    and some baffling substitutions by Pellegrini :roll:

Indeed that Fernandihno for Aguero change, shutting up shop against the 10 men eh! Almost Pullis-, I mean Mourinho-esk. :wink:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :wink:
    It was the Nasri for Milner sub that changed the game...in Manyoo's favour, giving ADM a lot more space. The irony is that he usually takes someone like Nasri/Silva off and brings Milner on when he wants to close the game out. Maybe that's why we're not football managers :D
  • Stevo_666
    video-undefined-1DA0548F00000578-36_636x362.jpg

Pic from the Daily Fail, 6th May 2014. 6 months is a long time in football :lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    Moo Hoo's LVG said that it would take them 3 years to get back to where they were - back in the PL? Either way, he is flattering himself.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Moo Hoo's LVG said that it would take them 3 years to get back to where they were - back in the PL? Either way, he is flattering himself.
    This has to joke of the week:
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester-united-have-defended-better-chelsea-this-season-says-louis-van-gaal-1473714
    ...if you don't count the 5 goals we let in against Leicester :lol:
  • cornerblock
    Dear oh dear. Has he been back home to an Amshterdam coffee shop? Can we forget about the three conceded away to Everton too?
  • Stevo_666
    and the 4 to MK Dons...

And while I'm at it, I need to make choice for a small, unfashionable club to support this weekend. Given plucky little QPR tried so hard last week, I think it's 'come on you hoops!' tomorrow :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    LVG is the Captain of a rusty old supertanker heading the wrong way. Fergie wrung every last ounce out of that team with zero consideration of the club's future. He must have known the end was nigh. Look at the clubs above them with their limited resources.

Southampton
    Swansea
    West Ham
    Everton
    Chel...sorry

The Roman empire collapsed from within. I'm loving every minute of it.

[Off topic]

Interesting how the IBT is publishing a go at the World bank
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    and the 4 to MK Dons...

And while I'm at it, I need to make choice for a small, unfashionable club to support this weekend. Given plucky little QPR tried so hard last week, I think it's 'come on you hoops!' tomorrow :)

Bizarrely I'm strangely drawn to the Scousers this weekend? Let's just hope they don't slip up today :D
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Well despite the two penalties we should have had and the shite ref, was a good game
  • Stevo_666
    Well despite the two penalties we should have had and the shite ref, was a good game
    Best team won Pesky :) But don't worry, you're only 15 points behind with 11 games played :wink:
  • cornerblock

I thought the ref was fantastic! :wink: Liverpool did deserve a penalty but they certainly didn't merit a draw. Great performance by the Blues. Next.
  • Stevo_666
    Off to get a slap up fish 'n' chips supper - with those really big chunky chips that are nearly the size of the ones Liverpool fans have on their shoulder about Chelsea :)

Anyhow: c'mon QPR!
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890

I thought the ref was fantastic! :wink: Liverpool did deserve a penalty but they certainly didn't merit a draw. Great performance by the Blues. Next.

*two penalties, hence why you're right when you say we didn't deserve a draw :wink: that sterling booking was laughable. It'll get revoked but still. The ref ruined the game
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Another decent prediction - where's City Boy? :P