The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,765
    And good news for Scousers next week:

tumblr_mbwhjvWbbs1ry4aqmo1_500.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    And while I'm at it, I need to make choice for a small, unfashionable club to support this weekend. Given plucky little QPR tried so hard last week, I think it's 'come on you hoops!' tomorrow :)
    Another decent prediction - where's City Boy? :P

Here I am, with my head in my hands :cry:
    It's difficult to defend City at the moment (or to put it another way, it's difficult for City to defend at the moment)!
    There's something not right with the team at the minute that's for sure, but I'm living in the hope that form is temporary and class is just another transfer window away!,
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    And while I'm at it, I need to make choice for a small, unfashionable club to support this weekend. Given plucky little QPR tried so hard last week, I think it's 'come on you hoops!' tomorrow :)
    Another decent prediction - where's City Boy? :P

Here I am, with my head in my hands :cry:
    It's difficult to defend City at the moment (or to put it another way, it's difficult for City to defend at the moment)!
    There's something not right with the team at the minute that's for sure, but I'm living in the hope that form is temporary and class is just another transfer window away!,
    Less of this humility CB or I'm going to have to start feeling sorry for you :wink:

Have to say that in the cold light of day, Chelsea are still not at their best - I mean, when we only beat struggling mid-table teams like Liverpool by one goal then frankly that's not up to expectations :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    The ref ruined the game

:lol:
  • city_boy
  • Stevo_666
  • Stevo_666
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I just pray the Arse put in a three point performance at Swansea today.

Don't think I m going to be able to listen to Talk Sport tomorrow with that Wannabe Chelsea Lover Adrian Durham and I know feck all about football ex cricketer Darren fat thick Yorkshire Gough. ( yer I know Durham's a Peterbourgh fan, but the way he goes on about Arsenal and never slags Chelsea you have to wonder)

Durham Believes that the Invincibles Arsenal Squad were rubbish but Lords this Current Chelsea squad and believes they will go the season unbeaten.

I can see Chelski slipping up against a Stoke or West Brom, But I think psychologically they ve got top four teams Flummoxed with this Park the Bus ideaology away from home .

Personally I think its rubbish! Every team plays Counter attacking football away from home against top opposition, the home managers are just letting Mourinho dictate tactics rather than play their own way at home.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:

Don't think I m going to be able to listen to Talk Sport tomorrow with that Wannabe Chelsea Lover Adrian Durham and I know feck all about football ex cricketer Darren fat thick Yorkshire Gough. ( yer I know Durham's a Peterbourgh fan, but the way he goes on about Arsenal and never slags Chelsea you have to wonder)

Durham Believes that the Invincibles Arsenal Squad were rubbish but Lords this Current Chelsea squad and believes they will go the season unbeaten.

I can see Chelski slipping up against a Stoke or West Brom, But I think psychologically they ve got top four teams Flummoxed with this Park the Bus ideaology away from home .

Personally I think its rubbish! Every team plays Counter attacking football away from home against top opposition, the home managers are just letting Mourinho dictate tactics rather than play their own way at home.
    We probably will drop a game or two but at the moment what is he going to slag Chelsea off for? There's a bit more to get stuck into Arsenal for if we're being honest :)
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,018
    Oh dear.

The top 5 is interesting.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • tim_wand
    1-0 to the Arsenal. OH!!!! Fecked it up again. Has someone turned Aaron Ramsey and Santi Carzolo into Laurel and Hardy?

Not Blaming the defence, Montero ran Chambers wragged every time he got past him I thought Monreal was going to crop him.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    1-0 to the Arsenal. OH!!!! Fecked it up again. Has someone turned Aaron Ramsey and Santi Carzolo into Laurel and Hardy?

Not Blaming the defence, Montero ran Chambers wragged every time he got past him I thought Monreal was going to crop him.

arsenal-sale.jpg
  • tim_wand
    Don't be silly Stevo. that's not the Arsenal way anymore!! Lets buy lots and lots of Lickle Skillfull midfielders ( except ones who used to play for us and are actually quite good)

Might flog Sanchez though he's far too good for us , it might unsettle Ozil to have someone that good in the squad.
  • city_boy
    tim wand wrote:
    Don't be silly Stevo. that's not the Arsenal way anymore!! Lets buy lots and lots of Lickle Skillfull midfielders ( except ones who used to play for us and are actually quite good)

Might flog Sanchez though he's far too good for us , it might unsettle Ozil to have someone that good in the squad.

You're welcome to Clichy back :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    I know who you mean :)
  • tim_wand
    City Boy wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

You're welcome to Clichy back :wink:

No thanks, we'll take Sagna, he's injured that's the way we like our defenders. ( Oops actually we don't like defenders) How about Nasri? Usually injured and an over elaborate midfielder, sounds like one of ours, leave it much longer an Ya Ya might fit the bill.
  • Stevo_666
    Since there's no footy on worth watching this weekend, we need a time machine to sort things out :wink:

7579_10152852184869648_7879865375456587659_n.jpg?oh=b9b9c77a6855232f2d3ce4fd748a4f45&oe=54E78076
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Since there's no footy on worth watching this weekend, we need a time machine to sort things out :wink:

7579_10152852184869648_7879865375456587659_n.jpg?oh=b9b9c77a6855232f2d3ce4fd748a4f45&oe=54E78076

I choose August 2003 to May 2004 please!
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I just want to go to a week tomorrow - this season's good enough for me :)
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

for now
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

for now
    Remind me who you support again Mr 823e :wink:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Don't follow football....

Mario isn't creating any entertainment by dressing as Santa
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tim_wand
    I bloody hate Interlulls, just a chance for various international federations to discover that the Arse have been holding their squad together with Horse tranquilisers and sticky tape!

At least Wayne will get his Hundredth cap this weekend, Ironic really because if he wasn't a footballer, I could see him as a lad who took pride in his collection of 100 baseball caps ( all worn backwards).
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    tim wand wrote:
    I bloody hate Interlulls, just a chance for various international federations to discover that the ars* have been holding their squad together with Horse tranquilisers and sticky tape!

At least Wayne will get his Hundredth cap this weekend, Ironic really because if he wasn't a footballer, I could see him as a lad who took pride in his collection of 100 baseball caps ( all worn backwards).

If he wasn't a footballer i could see him picking up whores down Bootle docks every Saturday night. Oh.. err..hang on a minute...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    The colour of that shirt is sickly - bit like the MU supporters are now with their league position/prospects, hee hee.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    The colour of that shirt is sickly - bit like the MU supporters are now with their league position/prospects, hee hee.
    What shirt?
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    What shirt?

Is there another football related thread on here? Next thing you know the FA will leave FIFA :D
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    What shirt?

This shirt.
  • pinno
    plowmar wrote:
    Appears that Van Gaal has said that it will take three years to turn the team around, imagine what would have happened if Moyes had said that after two months.

Clever eh?

Funny how Moyes was given some money and LVG given £150m to spend innit? If Moyes had that cash from the outset, would the situation been a bit different?

I just wonder of Moyes or anyone would have had the savvy to say in the first instance in the first press conference to say "It will take some time to re-build this squad..." Was Moyes expected to carry on where Fergie left off? Did Moyes expect to? Did the decrepit board expect him to?
    I hate to quote Mourinho because it gives Stevo a stiffy and over inflates his ego but Mourinho put no expectations on the squad publicly last season in his first year back and they did well considering. He played it down - right to the last, always deflecting attention away from the players.