The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,765
    I hate to quote Mourinho
    That's OK 'cos you didn't quote him :wink:

The difference between what Mourinho said last season and Van Gaal is saying this seaon was that Mourinho was fibbing and Van Gaal is being honest :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    In related news, my Crimbo football fix at The Bridge is now sorted. Hull on the 13th December and West Ham on Boxing Day. Rock on 8)

We were offered two free West Ham tickets by a lad at work whose old man shells out god knows how much for the privilege of a season corporate entertaining ticket for the two of them. But we needed 3 tickets so yours truly had the brilliant idea of taking the freebies, buying one corporate ents ticket and joining the EPO and Stropteen to enjoy the booze and Christmas spread. It had to be cheaper than buying three normal match tickets - didn't it? Well no, the cheapest ticket on offer was £234 :shock: So the three of us are back to slumming it in the family section near the West Ham fans for way less than that. At least we can enjoy watching the East Enders get riled about losing :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    If there were two teams I would hope to feck up your chances at going unbeaten, Then Hull and West Ham would be it. Okay I can dream, I never get what I want for Christmas, Except last year when we were top.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    If there were two teams I would hope to feck up your chances at going unbeaten, Then Hull and West Ham would be it. Okay I can dream, I never get what I want for Christmas, Except last year when we were top.
    We don't need to go unbeaten and I don't reckon we will. Just need to self destruct less than everyone else, which doesn't look like such a tall order just now.

Doesn't last season seem like such a long time ago :)

e55c7ff143e5cdf60363df42f7fa007f.jpg
  • tim_wand
    I hate to inflate you further Stevo.. But I really hate those nomination trends that go around facebook for the attention Whores.

The latest one is the Five pictures that made you smile the most this year. Some Scouse Clunt nominated me last week so I put this up X 5

sg_zpseedab527.png
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,096
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    In related news, my Crimbo football fix at The Bridge is now sorted. Hull on the 13th December and West Ham on Boxing Day. Rock on 8)

We were offered two free West Ham tickets by a lad at work whose old man shells out god knows how much for the privilege of a season corporate entertaining ticket for the two of them. But we needed 3 tickets so yours truly had the brilliant idea of taking the freebies, buying one corporate ents ticket and joining the EPO and Stropteen to enjoy the booze and Christmas spread. It had to be cheaper than buying three normal match tickets - didn't it? Well no, the cheapest ticket on offer was £234 :shock: So the three of us are back to slumming it in the family section near the West Ham fans for way less than that. At least we can enjoy watching the East Enders get riled about losing :)

I would have bought the daughter a rail ticket to Middlesbrough
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2014
    tim wand wrote:
    I hate to inflate you further Stevo.. But I really hate those nomination trends that go around facebook for the attention Whores.

The latest one is the Five pictures that made you smile the most this year. Some Scouse Clunt nominated me last week so I put this up X 5

sg_zpseedab527.png
    Nice one. There are so many good 'uns on the net Tim: these ones made me smile :) :

Screen-shot-2014-04-27-at-20.23.57.png

resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBm5pz4LCUAAbvKQ.jpg

DS_2902113b.jpg

Screen-shot-2014-04-27-at-20.23.23.png
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    One way?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    One way?

As a recent teenager wouldn't that be one direction
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    One way?

Never knew you were a stand up comedian in your spare time :wink:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    One way?

Never knew you were a stand up comedian in your spare time :wink:

Here all week :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    Nice pass by Wilshere and great header from Oxlade-Chamberlain. Funny that.

Sturridge is out for even longer, so that means Liverpool goals will be as rare as rocking horse sh1t for even longer.

Sep Blatter has called the cops in (Hope it ain't Colin) to make himself look clean :roll:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Nice pass by Wilshere and great header from Oxlade-Chamberlain. Funny that.

Sturridge is out for even longer, so that means Liverpool goals will be as rare as rocking horse sh1t for even longer.
    Right on both counts.

Now roll on the weekend for some real football...Palace v Liverpool might be a good needle match and Arsenal v Manure should be quite entertaining.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    So it's Palace v Liverpool this week is it? The corresponding game last season certainly provided me with some smiles.

A reminder this is BB, not safe for Mikey's missus and others who don't like 'fruity language'.
  • Stevo_666
    That reminds me, I need to pick my small, unfashionable club to support this weekend. It's a tricky choice this time, but come on Arsenal! :D
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That reminds me, I need to pick my small, unfashionable club to support this weekend. It's a tricky choice this time, but come on Arsenal! :D

:shock:
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Stevo are you Adrian Durham in disguise. No actually you cant be he'd never shout for Arsenal.

Small unfashionable club!!! Just remember up start we are the only club to have always resided in the top division!
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Small unfashionable club!!! Just remember up start we are the only club to have always resided in the top division!
    Sorry Tim, I forgot that Arsenal will be playing European football next season :wink:

1317b8dfc8eedbf9c48386df173566926cc4435a3fff9149dbbfa01392a00931.jpg
  • pinno
    Southampton are keeping our slot warm for us.

We're at home, so hopefully the Moo's will get travel sick and eat too many pies at the Sandbach services on the way down.
  • Stevo_666
    And there'll be no away fans at the game as they'll never be able to afford the ticket prices.
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    And there'll be no away fans at the game as they'll never be able to afford the ticket prices.

Bloody Hell just how much is an Oyster Card?
  • cornerblock
    tim wand wrote:

True, it's just a shame that them getting there in the first place was so obviously corrupt. Sepp Blatter couldn't have done a better job! :wink:
  • tim_wand
    tim wand wrote:
    True, it's just a shame that them getting there in the first place was so obviously corrupt. Sepp Blatter couldn't have done a better job! :wink:

Blatter is that feckin old he probably took a bung off Sir Henry to sort it. I bet he's got a big Woolwich account just like Georgy boy.

Any how Cornerblock your beginning to sound like a bloody Sp*rs fan!
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Tickets to get into the Emirates...
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Tickets to get into the Emirates...

They are all International Traders ( or is that Merchant Bankers) from the City living in Islington any way. Plenty of Corporate in the away end at Emirates they can afford .
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    If there were two teams I would hope to feck up your chances at going unbeaten, Then Hull and West Ham would be it. Okay I can dream
    Dream on Timmy boy :wink: And PS good luck against Manure.

Next ! :twisted:
  • Stevo_666
    If this is what happens when I support The Ar$e I'd better stop :wink:
  • cornerblock
    tim wand wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

Blatter is that feckin old he probably took a bung off Sir Henry to sort it. I bet he's got a big Woolwich account just like Georgy boy.

Any how Cornerblock your beginning to sound like a bloody Sp*rs fan!

**** that! Ignore my previous post then.
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Starting feel like that myself Stevo. Didn't think I d join the chorus of Wenger out, but its time for a change , I Can predict our seasons before they start and I m not sure that the habitual struggle for fourth will be a success this year.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Starting feel like that myself Stevo. Didn't think I d join the chorus of Wenger out, but its time for a change , I Can predict our seasons before they start and I m not sure that the habitual struggle for fourth will be a success this year.
    You could be right Tim. I think they have to do something as Wenger keeps getting turned over by the other big teams and never seems to learn. At least you're doing better than Liverpool...