The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good news about the Manc Derby - not sure which small struggling North West team to support?

I'm not bothered either way. I suppose a draw and a nice spiteful affair, kicking lumps out of each other with a few red cards would be nice.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    In celebration my team. Well done to Eddie and the boys.

1414256403588_wps_51_The_electronic_score_boar.jpg
    Well done the South coast mob, but you may need to start your own thread Goo - see title :wink:

It's just a forewarning of one of the teams for next seasons Prem. And if you think that they will be the same as Burnley. Not a chance. I saw Burnley play Yeovil in January. Couldn't for the life of me work out how they got promoted they were pretty awful.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    Mourinho must think that was a result and MU must think it was a poor job at home.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,765
    Mourinho must think that was a result and MU must think it was a poor job at home.
    Nah, other way round. We were pretty diappointed and they were acting like they'd won the league. Will be different when they come to The Bridge...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Game would have been put to bed if Costa was on the field. Chelsea seemed to be creating chances for fun, they just needed someone to net it.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Stevo_666
    Roll on the weekend - my last day at work today and off to see Chelski play QPR on Saturday afternoon 8)

@CB - WTF happened to City last night? I didn't see the game, just the result. Your lot need to sort their act out for Sunday, we need you to draw with Manure :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    edited October 2014
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Roll on the weekend - my last day at work today and off to see Chelski play QPR on Saturday afternoon 8)

@CB - WTF happened to City last night? I didn't see the game, just the result. Your lot need to sort their act out for Sunday, we need you to draw with Manure :wink:

Didn't see it myself, took my boy training last night. We need to sort our act out full stop! Pellegrini insists on playing two strikers with Yaya in a midfield two and that simply doesn't work, especially against teams that pack midfield and defence. At the moment we are too easy to play against (stop us playing) and we are not learning how to cope with that, which is worrying :?

Sunday will be interesting, that's for sure? Your turn to have the moral dilemma Stevo :wink:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    English fans learning that 4-4-2 doesn't work very well, whatever next?!

It's also very easy to pin back full backs using a front three (because the full backs can't leave the CBs three on two) and this means that the "wingers" get drawn back as well. So you've got two strikers being served by...........well no-one as they can't get hold of, and keep the ball.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Didn't see it myself, took my boy training last night. We need to sort our act out full stop! Pelligrini insists on playing two strikers with Yaya in a midfield two and that simply doesn't work, especially against teams that pack midfield and defence. At the moment we are too easy to play against (stop us playing) and we are not learning how to cope with that, which is worrying :?

Sunday will be interesting, that's for sure? Your turn to have the moral dilemma Stevo :wink:
    A draw will do nicely, thanks - so I'm supporting both of you :D

My bigger dilemma will be next season if The Boro get promoted...
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Then you really will have a small, unfashionable club to support.....every week :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Then you really will have a small, unfashionable club to support.....every week :wink:
    At least Boro are realistic and don't expect to win anything. You could learn something from them :wink:
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

At least Boro are realistic and don't expect to win anything. You could learn something from them :wink:

I'm looking forward to the emotional turmoil of supporting Boro in the PL again :lol:

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

:lol:
    Don't worry, my expectations for this season are dwindling on a daily basis!

I remember going to Boro when they had Juninho and we had Kinkladze. It was a great day out apart from when we were all funnelled through a tiny subway when we were leaving the stadium. Is that still there?
  • Stevo_666
    @Shocked - it is a realistic possibility. Best get stocked up on the mood influencing substances :)

@CB - don't know tbh, Shocked may know. The last times I saw the Boro play were away matches at Spurs and Chelski when they were still in the PL ! :oops:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The last times I saw the Boro play were away matches at Spurs and Chelski when they were still in the PL ! :oops:

:roll: Typical. Your nothing more than a mockney glory hunter :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The last times I saw the Boro play were away matches at Spurs and Chelski when they were still in the PL ! :oops:

:roll: Typical. Your nothing more than a mockney glory hunter :wink:
    ...unlike all the ever-faithful City fans :)

psg-fans-funny-278x207.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Costa and Ramires back for tomorrow 8) . QPR bound to be fighting for their lives so expect a good old ding dong of a game - and good weather as well. Rock on.
  • pinno
    'Mockney', I like that.

I just hope the chirpy dwarves get some momentum after a good week in the CL and PL.
  • Stevo_666
    'Mockney', I like that.

I just hope the chirpy dwarves get some momentum after a good week in the CL and PL.
    How much momentum do you need to beat Burnley FFS? :)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    'Mockney', I like that.

...and the game after that...and after that...and after that...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    'Mockney', I like that.

...and the game after that...and after that...and after that...
    Your next 3 games after Burnley are Swansea, Manure and West Brom. Short of playing a team of one legged footy players you won't have a much easier month. And you don't play us again until April.
  • City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

:lol:
    Don't worry, my expectations for this season are dwindling on a daily basis!

I remember going to Boro when they had Juninho and we had Kinkladze. It was a great day out apart from when we were all funnelled through a tiny subway when we were leaving the stadium. Is that still there?

Yeah it's still there, and still a pain in the arse. That's the main route back to the town centre. Surprised there hasn't been deaths going through it. Last time we played Leeds me and my mates ended up somehow in with a load of Yorkshire puddings. Luckily I think we looked like such a bunch of dick heads pratting about they left us alone!

I go to a few games a year, Leeds and the ones around Christmas. Went to the Chelsea cup game last year and the Sunderland one. Would have travelled to Liverpool the other week but thought I was going offshore.

My first season ticket was Boro's first at the Riverside. We had the likes of Juninho, Emmerson, Boksic, Ravanelli playing alongside Phil Stamp and Jamie Pollock (I met Phil Stamp outside a Newboulds butchers eating pies looking like shit when I was a kid. He signed the pie wrapper for me, and then was in the starting 11 that afternoon :lol: ). Absolute glory days, the Cup finals and relegation. Absolutely loved it. Still remember the chant of "stick your 3 points up your arse" echoing around Wembley.

UTFB

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Stevo_666
    I met Phil Stamp outside a Newboulds butchers
    UTFB
    Thought Newboulds was in Redka. Or is/was it a chain?

And UTFB - to stay?!
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    UTFB

And UTFB - to stay?!

Yeah it was a chain, the one I saw him outside was in Berwick Hills. Does Newboulds even exist any more?

To stay we'd need to spend a lot, or pick up some excellent free transfers. I think Steve Gibson is doing incredibly well (i'm sure Bulkhaul keeps posting record profits and Rockcliffe Hall is all paid for now). Some of the young lads I think have the potential to be PL standard.

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    UTFB

And UTFB - to stay?!

Yeah it was a chain, the one I saw him outside was in Berwick Hills. Does Newboulds even exist any more?

To stay we'd need to spend a lot, or pick up some excellent free transfers. I think Steve Gibson is doing incredibly well (i'm sure Bulkhaul keeps posting record profits and Rockcliffe Hall is all paid for now). Some of the young lads I think have the potential to be PL standard.
    Newboulds is still around, just not in Redcar any more:
    http://www.newboulds.co.uk/

You're right about staying - question of whether Gibson can/will splash the cash.

Anyhow, I'm off up to The Big Smoke in a couple of hours to watch Chelski hopefully spank QPR, then Sunday will be fun not caring how the Manc derby goes. In the meantime, my nomination for the small unfashionable club to support this weekend is Newcastle :)
  • Stevo_666
    Phew :)
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Didn't see the game myself, how was it?

The pessimist in me says that Chelski are scraping wins without playing that well and will be even more ominous when they click!

The optimist in me says that they are riding their luck at the minute and surely that's got to run out sometime soon.

Unfortunately, after being a City fan for so long, my natural state of being is 'pessimist'!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Told you it wouldn't be easy. We were well below par today, so much so that we almost made them look like a decent side, which they're not. Penalty looked a bit dubious too, but hey I'll take it! Now time for a lovely Sunday, bike ride, roast with all the trimmings, red wine and Mancs dropping points. Lovely. :D
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2014
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The pessimist in me says that Chelski are scraping wins without playing that well and will be even more ominous when they click!
    That's my take on today's visit to the Bridge, but that's what you need to do - grind out the wins. Not hanging together as it should though TBH QPR were playing their little socks off and just ran out of talent in the end. Bit frustrating to watch as we couldn't capitalise on the posession and were a bit sloppy giving away the ball on a few occasions.

Liverpool next :twisted:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Told you it wouldn't be easy. We were well below par today, so much so that we almost made them look like a decent side, which they're not. Penalty looked a bit dubious too, but hey I'll take it! Now time for a lovely Sunday, bike ride, roast with all the trimmings, red wine and Mancs dropping points. Lovely. :D
    I didn't realise just how much QPR hated Chelsea till today - massive chip on the shoulder. After that I hope the ****s go down - enjoyed singing along to that little refrain :mrgreen:

Were you there today? I thought Oscar, Matic and Hazard did well, but Fabregas and Costa didn't quite have that cutting edge and that was affecting the rest of the team.

Anyhow, let's hope for scrappy Manc draw with a few red cards :wink: