Di-ego Costa
    He scores when he wants...

He assists when he wants,
    He assists when he wants,
    Cesc Fabre-gas
    He assists when he wants...

:)
    Updated :mrgreen:

Watching Professor Yaffle lose his rag and start pushing José was very amusing :lol: Anyhow, job done and we're 5 points clear...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    Handball at 1-0. Cheating baskets.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    I've also started being a Hamilton Academical Supporter!

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/scottish-premiership/table.html
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616

You have to give credit to the Cheatski back 9, they were fantastic. And Fabregas' route one hoof to Costa was better than anything Stoke could produce!

Good to see Bourinho's keeping 19th Century football alive and well at the bridge :wink:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,764
    edited October 2014
    Pot kettle black - Chambers, Koscielny and Welbeck all lucky to be on the pitch. If the refs Arsenal scarf hadn't flapped up and obscured their vision they'd have been off for sure :)

From the BBC website:
    'Wenger was lucky to escape punishment but this was the least of his worries on a day when Arsenal once again came up short against an increasingly ominous and powerful Chelsea.

Chelsea look to have all the right moving parts now, from a miserly defence and a midfield that mixes creativity and solidity in equal measure to a potent striker in Diego Costa.

Their performance was in sharp contrast to Arsenal, who were no more than competent and never threatened at any time.

Defeat ended an 11-match unbeaten run for Arsenal in the Premier League and their tally of 10 points from seven matches is their second worst start under Wenger.'

Best team won by the look of it :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited October 2014
    City Boy wrote:

You have to give credit to the Cheatski back 9, they were fantastic. And Fabregas' route one hoof to Costa was better than anything Stoke could produce!

Good to see Bourinho's keeping 19th Century football alive and well at the bridge :wink:
    We've scored half as many goals again as City this season 21 vs 14) and conceded the same number (7), so if we play boring footy you lot must be like watching paint dry :P

Your lot made hard work of beating Villa. Keep chasing :wink:

Edit: Just remembered why you don't like Stoke - they beat you a few weeks back didn't they :lol:
  • pinno
    Cahill set the tone. Harras, bully, hard tackle and the ref did not keep a lid on it. Yes, Chelsea were the better side but it was a physical game, not a technical one: press, tackle (often from behind), push up and disrupt. Not an advert for the game. The City v Chelsea game appeared like a continental fixture, both in tone and tactics. It seems that Mourinho wants to play football like that against Arsenal, which is churlish and unprofessional.
    Both teams should have finished with 9 men each.
  • Stevo_666
    Cahill set the tone. Harras, bully, hard tackle and the ref did not keep a lid on it. Yes, Chelsea were the better side but it was a physical game, not a technical one: press, tackle (often from behind), push up and disrupt. Not an advert for the game. The City v Chelsea game appeared like a continental fixture, both in tone and tactics. It seems that Mourinho wants to play football like that against Arsenal, which is churlish and unprofessional.
    Both teams should have finished with 9 men each.
    All this stuff about not being pretty or technical etc is secondary when the object is winning the game...and Mourinho handed Wenger his ass on a plate - again. I don't think he plays like that against Arsenal for the fun of it - he just plays what he thinks will be the most effective football against a particular opponent. What works against Arsenal won't necessarily work against City or Liverpool or Manure.

And as for unprofessional - do you think that marching into the technical area of the opposing manager and giving him a two handed push is professional? :roll: .

José got his tactics spot on - Arsenal are at their most dangerous when they are allowed to get some flow and pace in their game and Chelsea stopped that happening very effectively. Have a look at the BBC commentary on tactics and strategy used by the two sides. Arsenal were outsmarted and Wenger is such a stubborn git that he won't or can't adapt well enough to beat us - no wins in the last 12 attempts speaks for itself.

Also take a look at the match stats - Arsenal didn't get a single shot on target in the whole game - not one. We literally could have played without a goalie after Courtois got concussed and we still would have won.

Arsenal and City can play as much attractive footy as they want as far as I'm concerned :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    In case anyone missed MOTD last night, here's Arsene being 'professional' (whereas José employing effective tactics against potentially dangerous opposition is apparently 'unprofessional') :wink:

UnhappyMeagerKillerwhale.gif

Alan Pardew could learn a thing or two from Wenger :P
  • pinno
    Another essay next week Stevo?
  • Stevo_666
    Doubt it, there's no Premier League footy on next weekend :wink:

Which is a pity, because we want to play you every week :)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Doubt it, there's no Premier League footy on next weekend :wink:

Which is a pity, because we want to play you every week :)

You could always start a thread titled "Engerland are shyte".

Hamilton Accies are going to be in the CL at this rate. Imagine 'Hamilton Academical vs Real Madrid' at new Douglas Park

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5zCFtRqtxEmfUK4hphJF4_gk90jAF6rxX5QegpBJ_Y31JNvga
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    In case anyone missed MOTD last night, here's Arsene being 'professional' (whereas José employing effective tactics against potentially dangerous opposition is apparently 'unprofessional') :wink:

I can't be doing with this cowardly, unprofessional approach of squaring up to another man face-to-face. I prefer the hard, professional approach of sneaking up behind someone and gouging them in the eye without giving them a chance to defend themselves! :roll:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XDBS5k8lNbU
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

Why is Mourinho child sized?
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • city_boy

Physically, or mentally......or both? :lol:
  • city_boy

Physically, or mentally......or both? :lol:
  • city_boy

Physically?.......or mentally? ......or both!! :D
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I can't be doing with this cowardly, unprofessional approach of squaring up to another man face-to-face. I prefer the hard, professional approach of sneaking up behind someone and gouging them in the eye without giving them a chance to defend themselves! :roll:

I guess you approve of Pardew's forthright comments to Pellegrini on the touchline last season then? :lol:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I guess you approve of Pardew's forthright comments to Pellegrini on the touchline last season then? :lol:

I take it you're referring to Pardew calling him "an old c**t"?
    I wouldn't say I approved, but I certainly wasn't surprised by Pardew' behaviour. The same as I wasn't surprised at Mourinho's cowardly assault on Vilanova, or his subsequent reaction to it. Both classless acts by classless individuals!
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    I take it you're referring to Pardew calling him "an old c**t"?
    I wouldn't say I approved, but I certainly wasn't surprised by Pardew' behaviour. The same as I wasn't surprised at Mourinho's cowardly assault on Vilanova, or his subsequent reaction to it. Both classless acts by classless individuals!
    You missed out a word...

Anyhow, you shouldn't be backing up Pinno on this, after all you two are going to be scrapping for second place later this season :wink:
  • pinno
    Well done that City Boy. Well and truly snookered the avocado chomping frappuccino drinking 'Boro boy. He tries to act posh. I think he needs to start supporting a real team like Hamilton Accies.
  • Stevo_666
    Well done that City Boy. Well and truly snookered the avocado chomping frappuccino drinking 'Boro boy. He tries to act posh. I think he needs to start supporting a real team like Hamilton Accies.
    Aww boo hoo, the whinging losers society is ganging up on me :P

Anyhow Pinno, if you live in a glass house... :wink:
    http://archive.mehstg.com/arse_guilty.htm
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:

As opposed to Cheatski's whiter than white owner.....

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=4292

As for being losers, City and Arsenal are the current holders of all three domestic cups between them :D

But I can't deny the 'Whinger' accusation :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

As opposed to Cheatski's whiter than white owner.....

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=4292

As for being losers, City and Arsenal are the current holders of all three domestic cups between them :D

But I can't deny the 'Whinger' accusation :wink:
    Of yeah, the Charity shield. Didn't Arsenal beat you 3-0 to win that? :P

Of course City is squeaky clean when it comes to players :lol: . Joey Barton, Courtney Meppen-Walter, Ched Evans to name but a few recent examples.

As for dodgy owners....best not go there :wink:
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/30/manchester-city-human-rights-accusations
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Of yeah, the Charity shield. Didn't Arsenal beat you 3-0 to win that? :P

Of course City is squeaky clean when it comes to players :lol: . Joey Barton, Courtney Meppen-Walter, Ched Evans to name but a few recent examples.

As for dodgy owners....best not go there :wink:
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/30/manchester-city-human-rights-accusations

I forgot about the charity cup.....make that 4 of the domestic trophies.

John Terry....Adrian Mutu.....Ashley Cole.....!

I also think there's a difference between accusations supported by words like "allegedly" and "amnesty international believe" and Abramovic actually admitting his dodgy behaviour!

Incidentally, how much of his hard earned has Saint Roman invested in his academy and the local community? :wink:
  • pinno
    I now have a personal grudge against Abramovic. He is one of the baskets who release tons of Alu onto the market when the prices reach a certain price which leads to a price drop and then the whole process starts all over again and small outfits like us get hammered.

Sorry Stevo, the list of misdemeanour's by various Arsenal players pales into insignificance compared to the dodgy Russian.

You see, we could all be squeaky clean if we supported Hamilton Accies.
  • Stevo_666
    Well I'm sure Sheikh Mansour worked hard for every penny he has :lol: although you'd think with all that money he could afford to get to a few home matches.

OK, so Abramovich chucked a few bungs at people. Not quite as a bad as torturing people (allegedly of course) - which (a) you're not going to fess up to in a hurry and (b) the locals might be just a wee bit reluctant to accuse you of when you run the country where they live.

As for money invested in the community, not needed in Chelsea. Maybe he felt sorry for East Manchester? :wink:

Anyway, back to that 5 point gap :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
    You see, we could all be squeaky clean if we supported Hamilton Accies.
    Might be more fun than supporting Arsenal? :)
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Well I'm sure Sheikh Mansour worked hard for every penny he has :lol: although you'd think with all that money he could afford to get to a few home matches.

OK, so Abramovich chucked a few bungs at people. Not quite as a bad as torturing people (allegedly of course) - which (a) you're not going to fess up to in a hurry and (b) the locals might be just a wee bit reluctant to accuse you of when you run the country where they live.

As for money invested in the community, not needed in Chelsea. Maybe he felt sorry for East Manchester? :wink:

Anyway, back to that 5 point gap :mrgreen:

"Mr Abramovich paid older oligarchs so that he could obtain a big share of Russia's oil and aluminium assets and to escape unscathed from the deadly post-communist carve-up. He famously emerged triumphant after the “aluminium wars”, in which more than 100 people believed to have been killed in gangland feuds over control of the lucrative smelters."

Being involved in criminal activity that leads to over 100 murders is slightly worse than chucking a few bungs I would say?

As for the 5 point gap, as I've said before I don't expect Cheatski to lose many games given their defence first policy and they are rightly favourites for the title. But so were Manyoo with their 8 point lead with 5 to play in 2012, as were the Scousers who were celebrating their title win back in April! :lol:

It's Cheatski's to lose, that's for sure :wink:
  • pinno
    We'll see how Diego Costa holds up in December and January when the games come thick and fast and the weather starts really having an influence. It ain't Spain.