The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Rumour has it that if Leicester were to win the league on the last day at Stamford Bridge John Terry has a Leicester strip to change into so he can lift the trophy with them.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Rumour has it that if Leicester were to win the league on the last day at Stamford Bridge John Terry has a Leicester strip to change into so he can lift the trophy with them.
    He'll be more than welcome. esp if he scores the unfortunate own goal that gifts Ranieri & Leicester the point they need to win it and which entirely coincidentally prevents Arsenal, Spurs & Man C winning it. Hopefully. :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,789
    CiB wrote:
    He'll be more than welcome. esp if he scores the unfortunate own goal that gifts Ranieri & Leicester the point they need to win it and which entirely coincidentally prevents Arsenal, Spurs & Man C winning it. Hopefully. :)
    Would we do a thing like that? :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,134
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    Would we do a thing like that? :twisted:

Under Moaninho yes but I think Hiddink has a little bit more integrity.

If Cittee, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham etc are chasing whatever level of European football places, there won't be anyone chucking games come the end of the season.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I seriously can't imagine it happening. The idea of Chelsea deciding whether Leicester would win or not... :)
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552

Since the beginning of 2016 Mrs W has been sweating a spot audit on all her stores and whipping the troops into a frenzy!!!
    It happened the other week whilst she was on half term week off , but luckily she was the only one in the UK to get 100%.

The deputy who covered her is a big Chelski fan, so last week when Mrs W got back from the National Conference with a big bottle of Champagne and a Certificate from the big boss, I called her Feckin Jon Terry.

You got 100% on your Audit , and never even kicked a ball, but you still put your kit on and picked up a gong!!!!!!!!

Oh that's what you mean by Calling me JT she says " I thought you'd found out I d been shagging someone else at Conference " :( Soon bloody shut me up that did!!!!!!!!!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    CiB wrote:
    I seriously can't imagine it happening. The idea of Chelsea deciding whether Leicester would win or not... :)

No no no no no. We wouldn't do that. Anyhow the way we've been performing this season would it be that much of a shock when we do lose to Leicester? :wink: I can think of no sweeter end to the season than cheering JT and Claudio as they hug whilst Roman looks on with a little tear in his eye. It could be a magical day. Come on Leicester!
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    CiB wrote:

No no no no no. We wouldn't do that. Anyhow the way we've been performing this season would it be that much of a shock when we do lose to Leicester? :wink: I can think of no sweeter end to the season than cheering JT and Claudio as they hug whilst Roman looks on with a little tear in his eye. It could be a magical day. Come on Leicester!

More chance of him putting his Court Day suit back on, Standing outside the Galleries of Justice with Eden Hazard and forming an Honour Guard for Eva Canerio as she takes Jose and your Club down for £10 million.

Just think You could have got a promising 18 year old to rot for the next 10 years for that money.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Just think You could have got a promising 18 year old to rot for the next 10 years for that money.
    Sounds a bit like Arsenal for time that it's been managed by Wenger :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Well done to plucky little City for holding the mighty Norwich to a goalless draw :)
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Well done to plucky little City for holding the mighty Norwich to a goalless draw :)

You have to wonder whether Pillockgrini is scuppering City's top 4 place on purpose?
    It's hard to believe that someone could actually be so cluelessly incompetent without trying :evil:

Still, even with our sh1ttest manager since Alan Ball, we're still above the champions! :wink:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    I thought that might bring you out of hibernation :)

I don't think he is doing it deliberately but you have to wonder whether he is massively motivated as he has nothing to lose.

We know our season is a write off - even the FA cup would be a consolation prize - so we'll just focus on screwing up other people's season :P
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I thought that might bring you out of hibernation :)

I don't think he is doing it deliberately but you have to wonder whether he is massively motivated as he has nothing to lose.

We know our season is a write off - even the FA cup would be a consolation prize - so we'll just focus on screwing up other people's season :P

In reality, he's been sh1t for nearly three seasons. Success in his first season was squarely on the back of Mancini's team and defensive discipline. As he's has continued to put his own 'stamp' and 'personality :shock: ' on the team it has resulted in a rapid and continuous regression.

I can't wait for him to go. I just hope the damage is not too disasterous :(
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,037
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Seems that you are trying hard to make Everton's season.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • city_boy
    Those bloody Chelsea rejects, eh!? :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Seems that you are trying hard to make Everton's season.

ef72978fd4cee0043a6d021af66d5e16e482ae7cffd44d8142ec2c0b84f585ea.jpg

:wink:
  • pblakeney
    I think laughing at self inflicted misery is better than screwing other people for the fun of it.
    Crack on........
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    I think laughing at self inflicted misery is better than screwing other people for the fun of it.
    Crack on........
    Nah, I'm not feeding the trolls today.
  • pinno
    11781607_994748097228752_1255281298043511126_n.jpg?oh=2d539b4e8855cddfd8fd5d9d9311da33&oe=57953482
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Crack on........
    Nah, I'm not feeding the trolls today.
    Nom, nom, nom..... :lol:
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Pinno wrote:
    11781607_994748097228752_1255281298043511126_n.jpg?oh=2d539b4e8855cddfd8fd5d9d9311da33&oe=57953482

Wish I had learnt to post photos as there is a great one knocking about with James Mcartheys boot on that famous "striker" John Terry's neck. Look on his face, priceless

First visit to Goodison since losing a qf to Wigan three years ago - took primo child as well both times. Chelsea fans pretty classless but then what else would you expect based on BR sample of their fans :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:

Wish I had learnt to post photos as there is a great one knocking about with James Mcartheys boot on that famous "striker" John Terry's neck. Look on his face, priceless

First visit to Goodison since losing a qf to Wigan three years ago - took primo child as well both times. Chelsea fans pretty classless but then what else would you expect based on BR sample of their fans :wink:
    I could actually hear them on TV singing 'sign on, sign on, with a pen in your hand...' and 'in your Liverpool slums''. Beauty of it is that it works for two PL teams :D
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I could actually hear them on TV singing 'sign on, sign on, with a pen in your hand...' and 'in your Liverpool slums''. Beauty of it is that it works for two PL teams :D

Only thing I could hear coming from the Chelsea fans was groans of frustration
  • pinno
    This one?:

john-terry-of-chelsea-is-challenged-by-james-mccarthy-of-everton-the-picture-id515121712
  • pinno
    ...then there is this one:

_57459891_013263399-1.jpg
  • pinno
    Boo boo boo, tumone dust tackwed me...

terry_afp_1766026b.jpg
  • pinno
    I do like this one:

PA-5972252.jpg
  • Pinno wrote:
    I do like this one:

PA-5972252.jpg

Hee hee - thanks Pinno :D
  • Stevo_666
    How very English, knocking a winner.

Here is Merseyside from the Liverpool viewpoint :)

zoazc1.png
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    How very English, knocking a winner.

He never won anything in an England shirt.