The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    mrfpb wrote:
    I'm by no means a big football fan, but watching West Ham v Man U last night, it seemed like a moment of reverse evolution when Rooney came on for Rashford in the 90th minute, and then he seemed invisible for the duration of stoppage time.

sometimes managers do this so that the player who has done well (rashford in this case) can get an ovation from the fans)
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,135
    Chris Bass wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    I'm by no means a big football fan, but watching West Ham v Man U last night, it seemed like a moment of reverse evolution when Rooney came on for Rashford in the 90th minute, and then he seemed invisible for the duration of stoppage time.

sometimes managers do this so that the player who has done well (rashford in this case) can get an ovation from the fans)

Rooney is an overpaid has been. If I was LVG, I would sell him. Anyone worth their salts would then only offer a wage based mainly on goal bonuses.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Chris Bass wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:

In that case he should've just subbed Rashford for his applause and opted to play with 10 men. Although I think I've ranted enough on here about Rooney tbh :D
  • pinno
    Vardy, Kane, Sturridge, Wellbeck or Rooney up front for England? You see, it doesn't need answering.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Chris Bass wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:

In that case he should've just subbed Rashford for his applause and opted to play with 10 men. Although I think I've ranted enough on here about Rooney tbh :D

Perhaps he should bring Rooney on earlier, so the crowd can give him his due abuse.
  • verylonglegs
    Pinno wrote:
    Vardy, Kane, Sturridge, Wellbeck or Rooney up front for England? You see, it doesn't need answering.

Danny Mills was on the radio lastnight arguing for the inclusion of Rashford in the Euro squad. Hmmn, fair enough I thought we've taken youngsters with promise to tournaments before. But then he went on to say he should go in the place of Sturridge which is when I paused for a second and thought what a muppet he was. If he goes it should be in the place of Rooney, not anyone else. Also wasn't there an ex-centre half pundit recently who said if you had to pick who you'd want to face as the opposition playing for England this summer it would be Rooney as he'd be the easiest to mark out of the game, all the rest like Kane and Vardy would be a nightmare. Rest assured though, bar Rooney losing a limb before the summer Hodgson will go with the slow one to start every damn game.
  • pinno
    Hodgson isn't daft. I hope he leaves Wooney out. This time around, unlike other years, it's not just Rooney and [insert your mediocre 2nd Forward].
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,789
    Chelski v City tomorrow. Hopefully we can help get Pep the Europa league spot he deserves :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Chelski v City tomorrow. Hopefully we can help get Pep the Europa league spot he deserves :P

They had a good CL result and De Bruyne is fit and in form, Might not be an easy fixture for you.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

They had a good CL result and De Bruyne is fit and in form, Might not be an easy fixture for you.
    We'll see. Slightly more ironic would be Guardiola''s Bayern beat his future team in the CL final...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

We'll see. Slightly more ironic would be Guardiola''s Bayern beat his future team in the CL final...

If they get that far, did they draw Atletico?
  • Stevo_666
    City v Real
    Atletico v Bayern
  • pinno
    Lets hope for Atletico in the final and a win for them. Got to admire their progress in the last couple of years. Torres will be playing after serving his suspension.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Lets hope for Atletico in the final and a win for them. Got to admire their progress in the last couple of years. Torres will be playing after serving his suspension.
    I'd like to see Atletico win it. In any event I can see myself becoming a temporary fan of Spanish and maybe German football in the next few weeks :P
  • Well our long overdue relegation will be confirmed in 20mins, a bad time to be associated with AVFC.
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Hahaha!
    Your lot aren't even good enough to get themselves a Europa League spot :wink:

TBF though, City do have a good record against the sh1tty little clubs from the lower reaches of the league :mrgreen:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    Who needs the Europa when you've been champions of Europe :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Who needs the Europa when you've been champions of Europe :wink:

Yawn.
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

• Stevo_666
    It's something for Arsenal to aspire to as well as City :)
  • verylonglegs
    It appears the Gunners still haven't shed that soft underbelly, when is Wenger ever going to fix that? Still think Leicester are on track to win it. Impressive result for the scousers given 10 team changes, definitely a team on the up that one.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Great Spurs result last night, I thought it was a bit of a banana skin of a game but all turned out well. We could even afford to hit the crossbar and have Dele Alli's shocking miss and still walk it !!!
  • Stevo_666
    Haway the lads :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Ahh, the gentle sound of cherries being popped :wink:
  • verylonglegs
    Gloating over a win against Bournemouth. Tough times eh Stevo? Let's face it, any team between 7th and 16th has its players with one foot already on the beach for their summer hols.
  • Stevo_666
    Gloating over a win against Bournemouth. Tough times eh Stevo? Let's face it, any team between 7th and 16th has its players with one foot already on the beach for their summer hols.
    As far as your lot is concerned it's probably a case of 'we'll meet again, don't know where dont know when' :wink:
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not a good day at Dean Court. Was rather hoping for something out of this encounter. But during the week even Eddie Howe admitted that some of the players may have taken their foot off the gas.

I think the Cherries will have to delve into the market in the summer for a new 1st choice keeper and a couple of central defenders. I reckon that so long as they keep Ritchie, Arter and Wilson then they may be ok for another season.

But like one other has said Stevo. It really is something for Chelski to be crowing over beating 'Little 'Ole Bournemouth'. A town whose main mode of transport is a bath chair.

Also I'm predicting Chelsea to win 2016/17 Premier League. As that's all they'll have to concentrate on.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not a good day at Dean Court. Was rather hoping for something out of this encounter. But during the week even Eddie Howe admitted that some of the players may have taken their foot off the gas.

I think the Cherries will have to delve into the market in the summer for a new 1st choice keeper and a couple of central defenders. I reckon that so long as they keep Ritchie, Arter and Wilson then they may be ok for another season.

But like one other has said Stevo. It really is something for Chelski to be crowing over beating 'Little 'Ole Bournemouth'. A town whose main mode of transport is a bath chair.

Also I'm predicting Chelsea to win 2016/17 Premier League. As that's all they'll have to concentrate on.
    I thought I would get a response :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Mr Goo wrote:
    latest?cb=20120102043236

What a result! Good prediction of mine. Just gonna put some Cherries on what's left of my birthday cake.
    Now that's crowing :)
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    so will Chelsea throw the last game of the season to ensure spurs can't lift any silver
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    so will Chelsea throw the last game of the season to ensure spurs can't lift any silver
    Don't think we'll need to at this rate. We also play Spurs soon so there are two chances to screw up their title bid :twisted: