The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,134
    I doubt Pellegrini has deliberately run things down. He has acted so professionally since the announcement of Pep's arrival in the summer. I just think that the players are waiting for da noo Messiah and forgetting that they need to start playing footie again.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I can see the banter ramping up ahead of the North London 'friendly' on Saturday :)

:D

If only that were true stevo. But the way these lot are talking, they're forming a queue to leave the sinking ship...

Still, if you build your stadium on an old waste dump you're gonna get a few rats I guess! :lol:
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,785
    I didn't realise how close it was getting for 4th until Hoddle mentioned on the commentary lastnight that Man City should be careful and start to look over their shoulder. The thought of it is quite amusing though, that if Pellegrini's parting gift to his ex-employer is a first season in the Europa for their new golden boy manager. A real screw the lot of you gesture.
    We can hope :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • TurboTommy wrote:
    Playing mantis, I don't want to get in the way of your rant. Quite enjoyed just reading it. And you're quite right of course, your manager and half of your squad are two bob. But when was pep ever coming to Arsenal in a million years?

ask piers!

also the media have widely said he was keen and it would be the perfect fit for him, if only the old fraud would do the honorable thing and f off!

edit

and to a why not, rich club, rich heritage, massive transfer fund, superb facilities, infrastructure all in place and massive salary for the manger. AW is on 8.5m a season, one of the top 5 paid in the world. its an attractive option for the very best.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    TurboTommy wrote:
    Playing mantis, I don't want to get in the way of your rant. Quite enjoyed just reading it. And you're quite right of course, your manager and half of your squad are two bob. But when was pep ever coming to Arsenal in a million years?
    Or Jose for that matter.

I can see the banter ramping up ahead of the North London 'friendly' on Saturday :)

jose never been linked and the board wouldnt want him, especially after the history with him and wenger, his abrasive style and his lack of interest in developing youth (not that any quality has come out of the arsenal youth ranks in years, unless you count the never will be fit wilshere or if you somehow rate gibbs...)
  • I didn't realise how close it was getting for 4th until Hoddle mentioned on the commentary lastnight that Man City should be careful and start to look over their shoulder. The thought of it is quite amusing though, that if Pellegrini's parting gift to his ex-employer is a first season in the Europa for their new golden boy manager. A real screw the lot of you gesture.

when arsneal lose the nld, will be in danger of missing out on 4th...the team look done for this manager and he has no idea ow to rouse them
  • TurboTommy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

If only that were true stevo. But the way these lot are talking, they're forming a queue to leave the sinking ship...

Still, if you build your stadium on an old waste dump you're gonna get a few rats I guess! :lol:

yes at least we had banks funding it though!

spurs have huge issues as in the city as no one is touching the funding with a bargepole. no one is prepared to commit big bucks unless the insidious tax dodger joe lewis makes certain assurances that he's not prepared to. CL football will help and a league win will solve the issue, especially as a keystone naming rights sponsor will be more prepared to pay the ridiculous price levy is asking that everyone is cyrrently baulking at, and rightly so for an historically unsuccessful, internationally small club that sponsors see little value in globally unless they win the league which will make them more known/popular in the key new markets and the fly by night fans in said markets who choose teams on success.
  • Stevo_666
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    TurboTommy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

...make them more known/popular in the key new markets and the fly by night fans in said markets who choose teams on success.

Man U should aim to do that, that's a good idea... hang on.
  • turbotommy
    TurboTommy wrote:

ask piers!

also the media have widely said he was keen and it would be the perfect fit for him, if only the old fraud would do the honorable thing and f off!

edit

and to a why not, rich club, rich heritage, massive transfer fund, superb facilities, infrastructure all in place and massive salary for the manger. AW is on 8.5m a season, one of the top 5 paid in the world. its an attractive option for the very best.

Piers?... Piers Morgan? Seriously?

Well if you combine that with the authority and integrity of the British media it must be true....

Pep, whether you think it's fair or not, is the highest rated manager in the word right now. Maybe he goes to Arsenal when his stock is on the way down. It's like George clooney waiting till the end of the wedding reception and taking the ugly girl home... Too many better options for pep I'm afraid.

Piers Morgan... You sure Donald trump didn't have anything to add too?

All that waffle about Joe Lewis' tax avoidance. Are we saying the Arsenal shareholders are playing to a higher moral code? Really?

Don't worry yourself about our new stadium. Of course you had an easier time finding backing. You were an established champions league club at the time and yes, levy is hard work. Either way the stadium gets built.

I can't wait until wenger goes honestly. Arsenal supporters love talking about him like he's holding them back and that's fine. let's see how that pans out for you :wink:
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • TurboTommy wrote:
    TurboTommy wrote:

ask piers!

edit

Piers?... Piers Morgan? Seriously?

Well if you combine that with the authority and integrity of the British media it must be true....

Pep, whether you think it's fair or not, is the highest rated manager in the word right now. Maybe he goes to Arsenal when his stock is on the way down. It's like George clooney waiting till the end of the wedding reception and taking the ugly girl home... Too many better options for pep I'm afraid.

Piers Morgan... You sure Donald trump didn't have anything to add too?

All that waffle about Joe Lewis' tax avoidance. Are we saying the Arsenal shareholders are playing to a higher moral code? Really?

Don't worry yourself about our new stadium. Of course you had an easier time finding backing. You were an established champions league club at the time and yes, levy is hard work. Either way the stadium gets built.

I can't wait until wenger goes honestly. Arsenal supporters love talking about him like he's holding them back and that's fine. let's see how that pans out for you :wink:

Well the stadium points are true don't care if you believe again or not. Likewise the pep stuff. Piers simply rehashing known stuff. If u question the integrity of fine journos like kay and winter so be it. Your stadium won't get built anytime soon, plus it will still be in Tottenham the biggest toilet in north London! And th hilarious increase in expansion slipped thru at the last minute to 61k to be bigger than the emirates is so small time and all spurs fans I know are very embarrassed by it.

Your final comment is simply unbelievable even your fellow swamp dwellers (this is not a persoanl attack on u its what we call your charming fans!)down the lane sing arsene wenger we want you to stay, and say the only bad thing of them winning the league would be that it could cause wenger to step down. Only jcl, passing interest, new age fans think wenger isn't holding the club back. Seriously how much evidence do people need to see to think wenger is still doing a good job. When he is finally hounded out things may not improve immediately and may get worse for a while as the club is rotten, so the new man will have so much stuff to fix, but it sure as he'll ain't going to get better beyond the tedious groundhog day of the past decade under Wenger where the ambition is 4th and the same mistakes get made year on year.

Crazy.
  • turbotommy
    Whether you care or not is irrelevant I'm afraid... People believe what they want I guess... The beauty of the British media is they have an angle to suit everyone.

Totteneham's a dump etc, blah blah. Heard it all before. Things change. History has taught us nothing stays the same. I've lived in Camden my whole life. You think you're king of the hill because your renovated waste dump is in holloway? Holloway was historically a slum area. Hell, parts of St. John's Wood were slum areas post World War 2. Things change. It's called progress. Stick around... Spurs fans are embarrassed by the capacity increase? Like New Yorkers were embarrassed when they stuck a spike on top of the Empire State Building? No one cares when the dust settles bud... The stadiums getting built. Get over it.

I can understand why you'd be happy with morinho. Seeing as you seem to be constantly reasserting your opposition to Johnny Come lately supporters I'm sure you remember with fondness the George graham years. It'd be like a homecoming of old traditions for you.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • pinno
    Pop corn time.
  • TurboTommy wrote:
    Whether you care or not is irrelevant I'm afraid... People believe what they want I guess... The beauty of the British media is they have an angle to suit everyone.

Totteneham's a dump etc, blah blah. Heard it all before. Things change. History has taught us nothing stays the same. I've lived in Camden my whole life. You think you're king of the hill because your renovated waste dump is in holloway? Holloway was historically a slum area. Hell, parts of St. John's Wood were slum areas post World War 2. Things change. It's called progress. Stick around... Spurs fans are embarrassed by the capacity increase? Like New Yorkers were embarrassed when they stuck a spike on top of the Empire State Building? No one cares when the dust settles bud... The stadiums getting built. Get over it.

I can understand why you'd be happy with morinho. Seeing as you seem to be constantly reasserting your opposition to Johnny Come lately supporters I'm sure you remember with fondness the George graham years. It'd be like a homecoming of old traditions for you.

ok as lets not put your Tottenham bias aside and pretend the pep rumors were unfounded. ok.

I certainly fondly remember the GG years. as a kid those cup winners cup nights in the mid 90's were epic, as was being the first club to win the cup double when people actually took both seriously. GG lingered too long, as AW is now and it all got stale, but to suggest people don't remember the gg years fondly is again crazy, anfield, 89/91 nearly going unbeaten etc. great times.

if your inferring its a style question, well results over style any day. that's a spurs excuse for being cr.p, oh we win nothing but least we play the game right...bollox. it sickens me that arsenal supporters use this line now, we are morphing into a 2nd spurs!

do you fondly remember your 60's success years?!

Tottenham will always be a toilet im afraid. such mass urban renewal as your quoting doesn't happen to such large areas in the 21st century unless the idiots there start burning it down again like they did in the riots a few years back.

and the stadium when it finally completed in 2024, will be irrelevant as the big english clubs (those considered historically and actually by there peers, ie those invited to this recent secret meeting) will be in a euro super league, regardless of how much they deny it in this weeks papers. it will happen like it or not, and i'm ambivalent.
  • Pinno wrote:
    Pop corn time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Found a link to this website, bit like the old 'time since Arsenal last won a trophy' website - wonder if the clock will stop this year?

http://www.2atoms.com/time-since-spurs-finished-above-arsenal.htm
  • turbotommy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Found a link to this website, bit like the old 'time since Arsenal last won a trophy' website - wonder if the clock will stop this year?

http://www.2atoms.com/time-since-spurs-finished-above-arsenal.htm

Ha!

We can dream at the very least!
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • turbotommy
    @playing mantis...

I mean, I think this little back and fourth is beginning to run its course as we enter a debate about town planning... If you don't think there's a place for mass urban renewal in the 21st century I suggest you take a tour around London. maybe start at the elephant and castle.

Don't let your bias jade you... I mean, it's the same thing which makes your lot convince themselves boredom is a price worth paying for perceived 'success'. its up to you. I'm not really looking to open up a debate on philosophy. But I will just say, life's too short. Time is precious and all the other cliches...

Just remember one thing. You're not the one with your hand on the trophy, you're the one who's paying to be entertained. Don't confuse the two. The people on the pitch never do!
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • TurboTommy wrote:
    @playing mantis...

I mean, I think this little back and fourth is beginning to run its course as we enter a debate about town planning... If you don't think there's a place for mass urban renewal in the 21st century I suggest you take a tour around London. maybe start at the elephant and castle.

Don't let your bias jade you... I mean, it's the same thing which makes your lot convince themselves boredom is a price worth paying for perceived 'success'. its up to you. I'm not really looking to open up a debate on philosophy. But I will just say, life's too short. Time is precious and all the other cliches...

Just remember one thing. You're not the one with your hand on the trophy, you're the one who's paying to be entertained. Don't confuse the two. The people on the pitch never do!

ffs that's not the spirit. this was getting fun. enlivening my day at work.

I jacked in my ST years ago. I wont pay a penny to fund AW or kroenke
  • Pinno wrote:
    Pop corn time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:( he taken the ball away now
  • turbotommy
    TurboTommy wrote:
    @playing mantis...

Haha! Sorry to spoil your day.

I'm on Hampstead Heath walking the dog with my daughter so probably in a more 'at peace with the world' place.

Thought I left the door slightly ajar with my George graham digs but we can continue another time. Maybe after the weekend results :wink:

Speaking of season tickets, mine went in the bin for the final time after one too many of jermaine jenus' failed 4 foot sideways passes...

Like I said, life's too short :P
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • TurboTommy wrote:
    TurboTommy wrote:
    @playing mantis...

Haha! Sorry to spoil your day.

I'm on Hampstead Heath walking the dog with my daughter so probably in a more 'at peace with the world' place.

Thought I left the door slightly ajar with my George graham digs but we can continue another time. Maybe after the weekend results :wink:

Speaking of season tickets, mine went in the bin for the final time after one too many of jermaine jenus' failed 4 foot sideways passes...

Like I said, life's too short :P

not when your bored and pining to be in a better place its not!
  • turbotommy

I feel your pain, but someone's got to support Arsenal! :lol:
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • TurboTommy wrote:

I feel your pain, but someone's got to support Arsenal! :lol:

LA Rams/Arsenal same shi.t different shaped ball. (well it will be when the rams start up. another thing I missed ffs :( )
  • pinno
    Are you two going on a date now?

Potty is doing very well with Spurs. I would have him at Arsenal sooner than Wenger*. They are doing better than a lot of so called bigger clubs around them

*I just realised that I may have given the ball back to TPM. Soz.
  • Pinno wrote:

Potty is doing very well with Spurs. I would have him at Arsenal sooner than Wenger*. They are doing better than a lot of so called bigger clubs around them

im off soon so don't worry, will resume on Monday. or maybe sunday night. or maybe in the fall.
  • Stevo_666
    The media is milking it - the Evening Standard has run a 6 page 'special' on the North London derby.

Will hopefully be good to watch from a neutral-ish observers point of view. No pressure lads...
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    No Cech or Kos and carrying the same form as Aston Villa.

I predict both Flamini ( Two goal cup hero ) and Gabriel will get set off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8YRA-GVufI
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    TurboTommy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

yes at least we had banks funding it though!

spurs have huge issues as in the city as no one is touching the funding with a bargepole. no one is prepared to commit big bucks unless the insidious tax dodger joe lewis makes certain assurances that he's not prepared to. CL football will help and a league win will solve the issue, especially as a keystone naming rights sponsor will be more prepared to pay the ridiculous price levy is asking that everyone is cyrrently baulking at, and rightly so for an historically unsuccessful, internationally small club that sponsors see little value in globally unless they win the league which will make them more known/popular in the key new markets and the fly by night fans in said markets who choose teams on success.

I have heard different about the funding. It is not yet signed as there is another 12 months or so before the club physically needs the funding in place, but there are interested parties.
  • turbotommy
    Pinno wrote:

It'd be great if we could keep him and the squad together next season. Maybe add a player or two and who knows!

Big ask though...
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift