The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,789
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    How very English, knocking a winner.

He never won anything in an England shirt.
    True, he won it all in a Chelsea shirt.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    I do like this one:

PA-5972252.jpg
    The look on Wengers face now is priceless. Looks like we both lost to shyte teams this weekend :P

Still, at least Arsenal can concentrate on winning the league now :wink: Well, once you've been for that easy game at the Nou Camp on Wednesday...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    How very English, knocking a winner.

Here is Merseyside from the Liverpool viewpoint :)

zoazc1.png

Well I suppose if the can fits - drink it!! :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Not PL I know but the goal from Payet this afternoon was something else, the trajectory seen from behind the kicker was incredible to watch.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Not PL I know but the goal from Payet this afternoon was something else, the trajectory seen from behind the kicker was incredible to watch.

Yep, great goal
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,037
    Cracking weekend of football!
    As long as you are not a supporter of the "big 4". :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666

Yep, great goal
    +2

Saw it on ynfa, belter.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    This could turn into a great season after all.
  • Stevo_666
    Not looking rosy for City...although Pep could do witn some Europa League experience.
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not looking rosy for City...although Pep could do witn some Europa League experience.

I knew you'd be next to post on this thread. Also knew it wouldn't have anything to do with the team you supposedly support :lol:

You seem more concerned with City than your own team. We're sh1t, but still better then you :wink:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • verylonglegs
    Yeah, they seem determined to give him Thursday night football. Not sure who on that pitch has the drive and influence on the team to shake them up.
  • city_boy
    Yeah, they seem determined to give him Thursday night football. Not sure who on that pitch has the drive and influence on the team to shake them up.

Nothing to do with the players. The blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the worst manager since Alan Ball (and I'm probably being too harsh on Alan Ball!). I commented at the start of the season on this very thread that City would struggle to finish in the top 4 with this clown in charge and, sadly, it looks to be a pretty accurate prediction :(
  • Stevo_666
    Well you only come on here these days when someone posts about City...Hart was unlucky but De Michaelis was appalling!
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Well you only come on here these days when someone posts about City...Hart was unlucky but De Michaelis was appalling!

They're not exactly giving me much to shout about to be fair.
    And yes, Demichelis was sh1te, but then again, Demichelis IS sh1te. Only an idiot would have played him...
  • Stevo_666
    Looks like YNFA was thinking what I was :wink:

12039536_1000035346700027_2952149508705839407_n.jpg?oh=aaa171bba23fd0a50b219daece8a6131&oe=57934FBD
  • Stevo_666
    Not bad considering we had our top 2 strikers and top 3 central defenders injured. Mind you, Villa are shyte.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Conte to Chelsea then! seems like all the big names in management want to come to the premier league but not the best players these days.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Conte to Chelsea then! seems like all the big names in management want to come to the premier league but not the best players these days.
    Need to do a bit of research on him but his record at Juve was pretty good. At least we have that sorted. Pretty clear he will have a big budget for this summer.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,037
    edited April 2016
    Chris Bass wrote:
    From what I have read, he might manage to "arrange" winning a few more games than this season.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • verylonglegs
    With the extra amount of cash in Premier league next season well documented and both the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Liverpool looking at major changes this summer the real winners in the close season will be agents and any fairly decent player they represent.
  • Stevo_666
    With the extra amount of cash in Premier league next season well documented and both the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Liverpool looking at major changes this summer the real winners in the close season will be agents and any fairly decent player they represent.
    Same as any close season really, maybe a bit more cash sloshing around.

Have just read an article saying Conte is similar to Mourinho...
  • verylonglegs
    Hmmn a bit? Have you been reading the press Stevo? It's a 66% increase (you are a numbers man aren't you?) on the previous deal, an extra £2bn across the league over 3 years. It means even middle/lower ranking clubs can fish for the decent talent in places like Germany, Spain and France.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Nice 3 points against Utd today, but I fear it is far too late unless the wheels really come off for Leicester
  • verylonglegs
    It would be one of the biggest sporting collapses in history now for Leicester to drop it. At the arse end of the table it's now a straight knife fight between Norwich and Sunderland. It's possible all the important placings could be settled with a lot of football left to play, another aspect to a most unusual season.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    It would be one of the biggest sporting collapses in history now for Leicester to drop it.

and one of the biggest sporting shocks in history if they go on to win it!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Nice 3 points against Utd today, but I fear it is far too late unless the wheels really come off for Leicester
    Stuart Pierce said on the radio yesterday that all the Man Utd fans who travelled North to White Hart Lane to see the game must have been very disappointed :D
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Could Leicester do a Jordan Speith and go into a meltdown, and Spurs snatch the title on final Sunday of the season?

Shame in a way Leicester and Spurs doing so well, as Eddie Howe would have won Premiership manager of the year.

Cherries to finish in top 10?
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Could Leicester do a Jordan Speith and go into a meltdown, and Spurs snatch the title on final Sunday of the season?

Shame in a way Leicester and Spurs doing so well, as Eddie Howe would have won Premiership manager of the year.

Cherries to finish in top 10?
    Guess who Leicester play on the last day of the season...
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    I'm by no means a big football fan, but watching West Ham v Man U last night, it seemed like a moment of reverse evolution when Rooney came on for Rashford in the 90th minute, and then he seemed invisible for the duration of stoppage time.