The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,785
    Good one today for the Champions, although anything less than a win against a team like the Scummers would be a bit disappointing.

With a run like this we might end up nicking a CL spot off the current lot who are occupying Arsenals traditional 4th place :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Well that Man Utd line up looks as weak as I can remember for them with nothing of note on the bench either so if Arsenal can't win there today then they may as well pack it in altogether.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Well that Man Utd line up looks as weak as I can remember for them with nothing of note on the bench either so if Arsenal can't win there today then they may as well pack it in altogether.

oh dear!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Well that Man Utd line up looks as weak as I can remember for them with nothing of note on the bench either so if Arsenal can't win there today then they may as well pack it in altogether.

oh dear!
    Where are Timmy and Pinno when you need them? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • They are probably bloody furious. Looks like it is time for the board at Arsenal to call an end to the Wenger project, especially if Spurs beat them next weekend.
  • Stevo_666
    They are probably bloody furious. Looks like it is time for the board at Arsenal to call an end to the Wenger project, especially if Spurs beat them next weekend.
    I reckon you're right. Jose is available :mrgreen:
  • I'm just annoyed I didn't follow the fantasy league advice from a chap at work. He says that as a general rule you should always use your January wild card to clear your Arsenal players out.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    What a disgrace. If there was a better chance to beat Manure at Old Trafford and stamp some credentials on a title challenge then that was it. Arsenal were shocking, I ve tried to support the use of Gabriel at Centre Back and wanted him to get more games, his defending today especially for the Second goal was shocking, Mertersacker might be slow and have the turning circle of an Oil tanker, but he wouldn't have let an 18 year old debutant get a free header in our box.

Walcott was none existent , Fair enough Carrick and Blind played deep so there wasn't much space in behind, but why didn't Wenger change it earlier, we needed someone to hold up the ball in front of them and players to come on to it.

Sanchez looks 20% of the player he was before injury and just cant seem to find the groove and Ozil is playing his own game in his own head with not much joy either.

We need to wake up quick and start attacking teams at pace , rather than hoping they will create the space for us by coming at us. Everyone has worked out that if you let Arsenal play their football in front of you that sooner or later they will make errors and you can hit their dodgy defence, Its amazing we beat Leicester, their game is precisely the type of style which has been mugging us recently.

I ve always supported Wenger, but the man is running out of Ideas, The addition of only Cech to the squad in the summer, and now a DM he doesn't seem to want to play is neglectful, We are blowing our best chance to win the title in a decade , and as if to make matters worse it seems the Yids are now favourites.
  • Stevo_666
    One for Turbo tommy who is probably feeling a bit smug just now:
    https://youtu.be/icTuJ7HT7A4

Well would ya? :)
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Great afternoon of football. I can't talk now after shouting myself hoarse at the Lane. A couple of years ago we would have lost that game - today I always felt we would score at least a couple, despite their keeper having a great game.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

Haha!

I think I'd have to stevo... The season your lot are having the poor girl deserves a bit of good luck :wink:
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Stevo_666
    TurboTommy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Haha!

I think I'd have to stevo... The season your lot are having the poor girl deserves a bit of good luck :wink:
    :D

You have to admit she is pretty fit.
  • Stevo_666
    Now test your powers of observation, Chelsea style:
    https://youtu.be/9w52ezY_D0Q

Who answered correctly? :P
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    No chat prior to the mid-week fixtures? Has this thread run its course for the season now that the Arsenal have shown the resillience of a wet paper bag?
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    This thread has not ran it course until the Merry Month of May , when hopefully someone will have stepped up and taken the premiership title.

There seems to be no consistent claim on it at the moment and your usual hand bag merchants such as Citee Boy and Stevo have had little to shout about ( probably need to add myself to that list of late )

Interestingly these mid week games may prove pivotal , I m sure the Yids are more worried about going to the hammers and facing them than they are about the North London Derby at the weekend.

If Spurs can come away with 4 points from these next 2 games ( which is highly probable ) then I m sure they will go on to win it.

I m still being dismissive of Leicester with No real reason or Logic; I think the injury to Kante will play on them greatly!

Usually this thread is dominated by banter between the so called big 4 clubs, but there hasn't really been any claim this year, It would be nice to see, Mr Goo !!! Lost Boy Saint ( Someone to shout for Leicester ) , its meant to be a whole of the prem thread, and teams like Everton, West Ham , Bournemouth, Southampton, Even Villa have all added to a really complex/ interesting season.

Chris Bass has kept it fresh with Stats and predictions, So ill have a go 9 games out.

Top 3

Spurs
    Arsenal
    Leicester

Relegated

Villa
    Sunderland
    Norwich

F.A Cup

Chelsea

Don't know what hurts the most , Feeling that the Yids will do us or throwing Stevo a Nugget of Hope!!!!!!!!

Oh and Finally , I ll win the Fantasy league by 100 points.
  • verylonglegs
    Hmmn, bottom 3 for me...Norwich, Bournemouth (They have some very difficult fixtures ahead) and of course Villa.
    I agree with your FA cup pick, Chelsea.
    Top 3. Spurs, Leicester, Man City. (apologies Gooners)

Fantasy league...I've blown that in recent weeks. Played my wild card this evening only to already discover since one of my new selections isn't starting tonight. Bugger.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Too early to call who will win the league - this week's matches are key. I won't believe Spurs have a chance of winning the league until the last minute of the last game of the season - have had too many hopes in the past that have come crashing down. Oh such is the life of a yidster.
  • Stevo_666
    Last day of the season could be interesting when Chelsea play Leicester. Now I'm not suggesting that we would ever throw a game, but it would be funny if we 'slipped up' and stopped one of the North London lot from getting the title :twisted:
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,037
    I like the presumption that the #12 team could throw a game against the #1 team. :lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    I like the presumption that the #12 team could throw a game against the #1 team. :lol:
    So do I.

You're very knowledgeable for a non football fan.
  • Yids won't win it. God won't allow it.

That said no one gives a shit anymore. Every big club is in regression. The TV deal ruined football. The Pl has eaten itself and there is no enjoyment. It's all fake and cunty players who you cannot associate with.
  • verylonglegs

That said no one gives a shoot anymore. Every big club is in regression. The TV deal ruined football. The Pl has eaten itself and there is no enjoyment. It's all fake and cunty players who you cannot associate with.

Have been thinking the same myself for a few years now but haven't expressed quite like how you have. I think it was highlighted this week when a guy who's been trying to get control of Arsenal for years gives up and rolls into joint ownership of Everton. Fans of the club fall over to kiss his rear but he hardly cares about the club and its identity, it's now become a competition for rich folk just to own a PL club, any club will do.
  • Stevo_666
    Yids won't win it. God won't allow it.
    Depends which God I guess.

Up to 8th and getting close enough to cause a few nervous glances over shoulders :)
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    So do I.

It only takes 2 seconds to google the league table.
    I guess you will be fighting with Redvision for a place in the Europa Cup? Where is he? Should we be concerned?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    So do I.

It only takes 2 seconds to google the league table.
    I guess you will be fighting with Redvision for a place in the Europa Cup? Where is he? Should we be concerned?
    True, but if you're not interested in football then at least we know why you're on here.
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    True, but if you're not interested in football then at least we know why you're on here.
    I have clearly stated that for me, winding up over emotional football fans is part of the sport, possibly the best part.
    Bill Shankly over estimated the importance of football, but underestimated the entertainment that can be had.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    An excellent win for the Cherries last night.

Reason I have been quiet this season and not shouted from the rooftop when they have beaten Chelsea and Man Utd, is that I am waiting for them to be safe before doing so.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    It was a good result. Well done.

It's been obvious since September that there are three considerably worse teams in the division than you guys so you were never going to be in danger. (We had years of thinking like that so know what to look for ;) )
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good one today for the Champions, although anything less than a win against a team like the Scummers would be a bit disappointing.

Like at the Bridge you mean?! ;)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    It was a good result. Well done.

It's been obvious since September that there are three considerably worse teams in the division than you guys so you were never going to be in danger. (We had years of thinking like that so know what to look for ;) )

You may say that, but on paper those teams are superior to Cherries, and there have been some off the wall results all season. It has been a strange season in the Prem. In a 'normal' season I think the Cherries may have been worse off, however this may be the start of levelling off the Prem for all.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.