Orange Hate

Comments

• adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    If you look at the pictures of this 2014 bike the finish is rather nice. The welding is certainly up to industry standard.

1373468904914-1lwzy7kzo81yc-670-80.jpg~original

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gallery/ar ... n-37859/8/
  • Matt-r8 wrote:
    Getting my Orange 5 this coming weekend. I'll be sure to stick some photo's up for you boys and share the love. I'll even post a pic of it on the roof of my Bavarian estate car, sure some will just love that.
    Some people need to get a grip. Don't like them, don't buy one, not sure why some feel the need to go on to every post about Orange 5's and have a little dig or snide comment.
    There's lots of bikes I think are a bit shoot and overpriced, but I wouldn't dream of going on to someones thread and start slagging their bike off.
    The fat rich types with little skill, that some people have referred to can only be a good thing for the sport. It means there'll be a good supply of high quality bikes that haven't been abused, probably serviced and prepared by a reputable dealer as well. Works for me.

that's basically what I was trying to get across at page 3 but a bit more aggresive wording ha , id had enough :lol:
  • Then you are on the wrong forum to a degree,

People around here generally give there honest opinion when asked. post a thread of an orange I will tell you they ride like a bag of spanners. Nomad will tell you i like them was my second choose when test riding and so on. honesty is the best policy.

i know then there is the idea of if you don’t have anything nice to say don't say anything, but I don’t agree with that ;)
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Then you are on the wrong forum to a degree,

People around here generally give there honest opinion when asked. Say any thing, and I mean absolutley anything, anytime, anywhere about orange and I will tell you they ride like a bag of spanners. Nomad will tell you i like them was my second choose when test riding and so on. honesty is the best policy.

i know then there is the idea of if you don’t have anything nice to say don't say anything, but I don’t agree with that ;)

FTFY
  • But they do ride like a bag of spanners... sound like a bag of spanners too :p
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    How do you know the characteristics of a bag of spanners so well? Maybe you should invest in one of these

spanners_zpsec9e8bf6.jpg
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Matt-r8 wrote:
    Getting my Orange 5 this coming weekend. I'll be sure to stick some photo's up for you boys and share the love. I'll even post a pic of it on the roof of my Bavarian estate car, sure some will just love that.
    Some people need to get a grip. Don't like them, don't buy one, not sure why some feel the need to go on to every post about Orange 5's and have a little dig or snide comment.
    There's lots of bikes I think are a bit shoot and overpriced, but I wouldn't dream of going on to someones thread and start slagging their bike off.
    The fat rich types with little skill, that some people have referred to can only be a good thing for the sport. It means there'll be a good supply of high quality bikes that haven't been abused, probably serviced and prepared by a reputable dealer as well. Works for me.

people shouldn't be posting on bike threads slagging them off - however, this is a thread about why people have a dislike for them which is a completely different matter. So not only do you have an overpriced German estate car but an overpriced shit ugly welded bike. Bet you shop at waitrose as well :lol:

p.s. just incase you take the huff I'm saying it in jest
  • Just realised what a complete plank I am this is orange hate. :lol: And I own a lemon :lol: what a terrible schoolboy error. Goodbye thread.... How embarrassing :roll:
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Just realised what a complete plank I am this is orange hate. :lol: And I own a lemon :lol: what a terrible schoolboy error. Goodbye thread.... How embarrassing :roll:

It's a lemon alright. Very few people will disagree witg that.
  • Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    Haha, I'll not take the huff. I'll agree that BM's and 5's are overpriced if bought new, but I bought my car 2 years old and less than half price, which is exactly what I'm doing with the 5, makes them a bargain. Especially when a Vauxhall Corsa can set you back over £20k.
    This Otrange hatred is like the classic mini owners bitchin about BMW minis. Haters gonna hate.
    Wonder if some people's views of companies such as orange would change is the product was built in their Country. You know "Orange Bikes of Ruthin" or "Hope Trchnolgy of Bridgend"?
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Jesus, if we all liked the same things it would be a boring world. We would all like the same women and eat and drink the same stuff. I love orange bikes, how they ride and look. The fact they are built in our green and pleasant land! Just brilliant, I am obviously not the only one. Other folk probably wouldn't fancy my wife....in fact neither do I so my analogy is flawed.....but you get my point.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    How do you know the characteristics of a bag of spanners so well? Maybe you should invest in one of these

spanners_zpsec9e8bf6.jpg

Here's some of mine. Keeping them in a bag would be so disorganised, lol

Picture006_zpsfcb9d35a.jpg
  • Kowalski675
    Russyh wrote:
    Other folk probably wouldn't fancy my wife....in fact neither do I so my analogy is flawed.....but you get my point.

:lol: Hope she doesn't read that, or you'll be in the doghouse.
  • Kowalski675
    adamfo wrote:
    If you look at the pictures of this 2014 bike the finish is rather nice. The welding is certainly up to industry standard.

My LBS has one in. Looks lovely from a few feet away, but still has the same messy welding.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675

This forum would be left with nothing but Supersonic saying "I like bikes" over and over
    Uncompromising extremist
  • poah
    Sainsburys .... Work there too....

me too :(:lol:
  • POAH wrote:
    Sainsburys .... Work there too....

me too :(:lol:

Oh god what department?
  • poah

Oh god what department?

online - just about to start in 30 mins
  • So you've given up the science then?
  • POAH wrote:

Oh god what department?

online - just about to start in 30 mins

Nice lie in for me on a late :wink:
  • poah
    So you've given up the science then?
    hell no - just can't find a suitable job. Having an education does not = good job :(
  • Orange are good but C'mon - they have not developed the single pivot beyond the 1990's they will suffer long term by sticking with a substandard suspension design.

Then again if you like it what does it matter what I think, the problem is that less and less people are prepared to pay for expensive aluminium single pivot mountain bikes...!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Well... They've had some adventures in linkages, and no bugger bought them. Seems like what people really want from an Orange is a single pivot that looks like a skip.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    Just thought I'd ask - how profitable is Orange?

I assume they are at least 'doing okay'

In which case one can hardly blame them for knocking out the same old stuff if people keep buying it
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    BigAl wrote:

In which case one can hardly blame them for knocking out the same old stuff if people keep buying it

They've been doing so well they've dropped the Patriot and 322 because they weren't selling enough.
  • Kowalski675
    My LBS has two reduced price Patriot frames if anyone really wants one, lol...
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    lawman wrote:
    BigAl wrote:

They've been doing so well they've dropped the Patriot and 322 because they weren't selling enough.

But what about the 'five'? Plenty of them around
  • By all accounts the Patriot was dropped so that they can focus on making Fives and Alpines. If you look on the orange facebook page you'll find a few people moaning about the time it's taking to get an Alpine, which would suggest that they are shifting as many bikes as they can make.

As a happy Five owner I do find these threads amusing. I can't argue with any of the negative comments as they are usually just subjective. If you don't like how they look that's fine. Aesthetics are bound to be a personal thing. Similarly if you don't think they are worth what Orange are charging. Only you can decide what any item is worth to you. Orange will charge whatever the market will bear. You can make up a reason for why people pay the asking price to suit your own prejudices if you like, but it doesn't change the basic fact. The price is set by the market. If you don't like the way they ride then that's fine too. Just buy a bike that you like at a price you are prepared to pay. That's what all the people riding around on Orange bikes did.

Personally I've owned a couple of Fives. I've also tested a heap of other bikes and even owned a few. But I keep coming back to the Five as nothing else makes me grin as much. I'm sure there are better bikes out there and hopefully one day I'll find one, but for now I'm happy messing around on my skip, "bag of spanners" or whatever else you want to call it.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Matt-r8 wrote:
    Wonder if some people's views of companies such as orange would change is the product was built in their Country. You know "Orange Bikes of Ruthin" or "Hope Trchnolgy of Bridgend"?

That is the biggest load of shite I've read for quite a while, I don't think anyone mentioned Orange being an 'English' brand, but a UK brand. last I checked wales was still in the UK :roll:
This discussion has been closed.