On_What Posts: 516
    Done see you there. Full MUDs or XN?
  • Full mud... XN this time of the year are close to useless
    left the forum March 2023
  • On_What wrote:
    Done see you there. Full MUDs or XN?

Moral, you didn't show up... :?
  • Sunday 11th 8:15 Kingston Bridge (by the entrance of the river path to Hampton).
    Off road ride to Box hill... 3-4 hours... there is a group of 5-6 of us... feel free to join.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    Hmm, might see if I can get a pass. Desperately unfit and slow after manflu and too much lazing around over Christmas though. Is anybody slow going? I fear I might hold you up the state I'm in.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Hmm, might see if I can get a pass. Desperately unfit and slow after manflu and too much lazing around over Christmas though. Is anybody slow going? I fear I might hold you up the state I'm in.

Should be relaxed pace, but hard going in places... a couple of bridles are pretty steep... OK, only one
  • Veronese68 wrote:

Should be relaxed pace, but hard going in places... a couple of bridles are pretty steep... OK, only one
    Will see if I can get a pass but no promises. A bit unfit myself Veronese so if I'm there you won't be holding everybody up
  • No excuses here... I am fit... 8)
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Full mud treads recommended for this one?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • I would say so
  • veronese68
    I've got a pass for Sunday, but we're going out on Saturday night. I'll be there if I'm capable of it, but it's not very likely.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I've got a pass for Sunday, but we're going out on Saturday night. I'll be there if I'm capable of it, but it's not very likely.
    If you're not going to be riding it, I'm sure CJ could find a use for your bike :wink:
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • veronese68
    TGOTB wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    If you're not going to be riding it, I'm sure CJ could find a use for your bike :wink:
    I thought that too. He'd like it too much, get bike envy and wouldn't want to give it back though. :lol:
    It would however give me a slightly less feeble excuse for wimping out of going for a ride.
  • No pass for me on Sunday as I have a pass for most of Saturday already.
  • FransJacques
    Sunday 11th 8:15 Kingston Bridge (by the entrance of the river path to Hampton).
    Off road ride to Box hill... 3-4 hours... there is a group of 5-6 of us... feel free to join.
    I should have read this close. That's a piece away from me.

What's the estimated time to ride there on the road from Roe Gate on 70psi Limus (i.e. thru treacle)
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Sunday 11th 8:15 Kingston Bridge (by the entrance of the river path to Hampton).
    I should have read this close. That's a piece away from me.

What's the estimated time to ride there on the road from Roe Gate on 70psi Limus (i.e. thru treacle)

20 min or so I would think if you use the road
  • FransJacques
    No excuses here... I am fit... 8)
    Will it be pretty pacey then? (I hope so) I'm quite keen on coming, just gotta make sure la doce meta is on-side with it.
  • No excuses here... I am fit... 8)
    Will it be pretty pacey then? (I hope so) I'm quite keen on coming, just gotta make sure la doce meta is on-side with it.

I don't think so... the others are off-road novices
  • veronese68
    I was thinking how good the weather looked yesterday, especially compared to the wind Friday and today. I've just seen your comment in the thread about Bender's XLS and cursed myself for not making more of an effort.
  • Yeah, it was a very good ride... shame it wasn't a couple of degrees colder... the mud would have settled, instead in places it was pretty soft, but lovey day out
  • Should be much colder from this weekend. I can't wait. The lure of hard, rutted mud is too much to bear.........
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • FransJacques
    Sounds nice. I did a turbo instead which was 100% less fun than riding off-road.

Are you able to post a Garmin trace from the ride? interested to see the route. Thanks
  • Are you able to post a Garmin trace from the ride? interested to see the route. Thanks

I don't have one
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    lot of roads closed this Sunday (2nd) for ride100 and for once i have weekend off,

So I was thinking loop from kingston, stop at cafebeans for cake/coffee etc.

I was planning on watching the hand cycles leave and then go, so 8:30/9AM.

my planned root https://www.strava.com/routes/2863716