London drinks

Comments

• Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Sorry I dashed off early, but suddenly didn't feel terribly well. And wasn't - spent the next two days in bed with a stomach bug. Which meant I missed the work lunch at Gordon Ramsey's on Royal Hospital Road. So, so very disappointed.

But lovely to see some of you again and meet the others of you for the first time.
  • You know its a genuine bug when you have to pass on a 3 star Michelin restaurant!!!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Coriander wrote:
    Sorry I dashed off early, but suddenly didn't feel terribly well. And wasn't - spent the next two days in bed with a stomach bug. Which meant I missed the work lunch at Gordon Ramsey's on Royal Hospital Road. So, so very disappointed.

But lovely to see some of you again and meet the others of you for the first time.
    Damn, it sounded like you were looking forward to that as well.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    Paul 8v wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

We'll have to do one in season.

Paul 8v said he'd be delighted to sort that out.

Damn, so I did! I was hoping Frenchie hadn't minuted that!

The season is nearly here. Just saying.
  • Paul 8v
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

We'll have to do one in season.

Paul 8v said he'd be delighted to sort that out.

Damn, so I did! I was hoping Frenchie hadn't minuted that!

The season is nearly here. Just saying.

:mrgreen:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    March 27th?

Any complaints?
  • Paul 8v
    That would probably work for me
  • First week of April may be better as it is after E3 and GW and before Flanders and Roubaix. The Ardennes are towards the end of April.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Quick vote for "not a Thursday"
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • rick_chasey
    First week of April may be better as it is after E3 and GW and before Flanders and Roubaix. The Ardennes are towards the end of April.

Yeah but I'm not here then.

Speculation is more fun than analysis ;).
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    I'm fairly easy but 27th is fine for me
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • TheBigBean
    27th March works for me.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I'm free. Water Poet worked a treat last time.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Coriander
    Macaloon wrote:

I couldn't hear a single thing - there was noise reverberating off every single surface. But I am a deaf old woman.
  • Macaloon
    Coriander wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

I couldn't hear a single thing - there was noise reverberating off every single surface. But I am a deaf old woman.

Good point. Can't imagine the din from Masters of the Universe in seasonal hormonal overdrive.

Rick - this might attract more attention with an edit to the thread title.
  • Paul 8v
    Water Poet was good for me for the sprint back to the train. I didn't realise just how smoky it was until I got back and all my clothes stank of it though!

Hopefully will be a bit quieter in there this time as it isn't around Christmas (Or is it always that busy at pubs in the big smoke?) They had a few nice beers in there, might see if I can wangle a lift back from the station this time rather than drive ;-)
  • rick_chasey
    Happy to pick a new location that isn't Walter poet but I then need alternatives.

It will be quieter. Noise is no problem for me because I'm a foghorn anyway.
  • Paul 8v
    Happy to pick a new location that isn't Walter poet but I then need alternatives.

Are you definitely going to be there this time Rick? not doing one of your live Babestation broadcasts like last time :wink:
  • Coriander

Are most people city based? Because the noise did actually make the evening pretty much impossible for me (that and an upset stomach were why I left so abruptly). If it's a good location for most people, don't change it on account of me.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Tricky to find but London Wall Bar and Kitchen is quiet and has a decent drinks selection.

I'll try to come.
  • 27th should be more or less ok for me. That location is great for me but I am happy to go to another place. Its good transport wise ans 5mins walking distance to rail, tube and overground. I have rarely been in a 'quiet' pub in London! However worth noting that Thurs is one of the busiest pub days in the City - having it on a Wed for instance would make it quieter and less busy.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    27th should be more or less ok for me. That location is great for me but I am happy to go to another place. Its good transport wise ans 5mins walking distance to rail, tube and overground. I have rarely been in a 'quiet' pub in London! However worth noting that Thurs is one of the busiest pub days in the City - having it on a Wed for instance would make it quieter and less busy.

Jah duh. Why else do I want to go out on Thursday?

I'm ok with London wall bar & kitchen if you lot are.
  • TheBigBean
    This thread could probably do with a bump (and a title change).
  • rick_chasey
    27th should be more or less ok for me. That location is great for me but I am happy to go to another place. Its good transport wise ans 5mins walking distance to rail, tube and overground. I have rarely been in a 'quiet' pub in London! However worth noting that Thurs is one of the busiest pub days in the City - having it on a Wed for instance would make it quieter and less busy.

Jah duh. Why else do I want to go out on Thursday?

I'm ok with London wall bar & kitchen if you lot are.

Agreed?
  • TheBigBean
    Sure. I stuck it in my diary.
  • Macaloon
    Wild horses wouldn't keep me away.
  • Pretty sure I'm in.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Count me in.