London drinks

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Macaloon wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    ff - I'll probably get there earlier, but I'll know for sure nearer the time.

Me too. Bit of a stickler for the Yard Arm when it comes to liquoring-up. First timer at this event. Should I taper?

:lol:

Earliest I can get there is 6.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,696
    Ok I'll book 6:30 when I call. I won't be before 7:30
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    Is this all a good idea? - There's been a lot of bad press about meeting strangers off of the internet.
    Some of them claim to be adults when really they're children...
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    It is tricky when you bump into one of your other logins at the bar.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I shall grace you all with my presence. Lucky people!
  • Am having to work from US this week, so can't now make it :-(

I'll be working while you're all drinking.
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    ddraver wrote:
    If we re going for sterotypes, the Dutchies will have ours in The Bulldog

(http://www.thebulldog.com/)

So I followed your link, for old times' sake as it were, and I noticed this rather topical product:

autp.png

Now we know his somewhat surprising secret.
  • Macaloon
    nic_77 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    If we re going for sterotypes, the Dutchies will have ours in The Bulldog

(http://www.thebulldog.com/)

So I followed your link, for old times' sake as it were, and I noticed this rather topical product:

autp.png

Now we know his somewhat surprising secret.

'splains the shades, man.
  • TMR wrote:

Good stuff, maybe you can bring Froome`s brother along ; )
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    TMR wrote:

Good stuff, maybe you can bring Froome`s brother along ; )
    I'll work on TMR, FF, if you arrange catering by Alberto's chef: @dailystews.
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    This still happening on 3rd? Suddenly freed of obligation for business trip to Belfast, so free that week again for me to turn up and you all go "who?"
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • Yep still on. See you then.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Quality, cheers FF. See you all there
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • I'd like to join too assuming that I'm not on dad duties that day. I'll fight for the right to block out the 3rd.
    The titifers have sung their song.

Now it's time for sleep.
  • Macaloon
    Sensible heads this weekend folks. Don't be succumbing to any opportunistic compromisers.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Macaloon wrote:
    Sensible heads this weekend folks. Don't be succumbing to any opportunistic compromisers.

Everyone still down? I'm popping over. Had an xmas do last night but looking forward to this one more (obviously)
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Macaloon
    I'm getting there for FF's tactics briefing at 6.30. Might tamper with the odd bidon.
  • Ill be there 6.30. Rick, did you manage to make a booking? If so under what name?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,696
    No booking.

I have a deadline the next day so might turn up a fair bit later, so FF, wear a red rose or something ;).
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,621
    I'm going to try to get there for 6.30pm. I suggest we try to get a table in the room near the back which has a bar i.e. not the front one, not the one with a pool table, not the corridor to outside, not outside and not the shed outside...

I'll put my bike helmet on the table to make it more obvious who I am.

It's a busy place, so might have to settle for another table, so look around if you come later. Also, seeing as Mr Chasey is likely to be late, if anyone wants my mobile number please send me a PM.
  • The middle section with the bar is for those eating a proper meal I think and the tables dont sit too many. Id say the next room with the tressle tables may be more ideal...I guess we can see on the day. Ill recognise a handful of you but will wear a white and orange ski jacket to be more easily recognised.

If you are in the pub and cant find anyone you could always post up on this thread and I guess someone will check it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326

If you are in the pub and cant find anyone you could always post up on this thread and I guess someone will check it.

I'm going to encourage everyone that isn't there to spend the evening posting "Just got here, I'm wearing the black fedora, where are you?"

:-D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,621
    The middle section with the bar is for those eating a proper meal I think and the tables dont sit too many. Id say the next room with the tressle tables may be more ideal...I guess we can see on the day. Ill recognise a handful of you but will wear a white and orange ski jacket to be more easily recognised.

It must have changed since my last visit. The problem with the back bit is that it is outside and could get cold. So the conclusion is that we could be anywhere!
  • It is outside but its covered and has a fair few burners; at least it did the last time I went. It wasn't this cold tho : )
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    It is outside but its covered and has a fair few burners; at least it did the last time I went. It wasn't this cold tho : )

Please not outside. Please.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    I'm in Siberia at the moment so MTFU about the cold you southern whinging jessies!! ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    I'm in Siberia at the moment so MTFU about the cold you southern whinging jessies!! ;)

They finally carted you off to the gulags then.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Hey LL, where've you been? How's married life treating you?

...I am overlooking a Military School as I write this...And the core store is exactly like that snowy base you take on in MOHAA...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Hey LL, where've you been? How's married life treating you?

...I am overlooking a Military School as I write this...And the core store is exactly like that snowy base you take on in MOHAA...

I've been living with Tibetan monks, gathering my thoughts.

In reality of course I got married, had a honeymoon, realised marriage is a crap institution, had a minor love affair, got depressed, lost all interest in cycling/writing/forumiting, took some happy pills, moved house, now feel slightly better hence my return. Its been an interesting 6 months. 8)
  • Macaloon
    In reality of course I got married, had a honeymoon, realised marriage is a crap institution, had a minor love affair, got depressed, lost all interest in cycling/writing/forumiting, took some happy pills, moved house, now feel slightly better hence my return. Its been an interesting 6 months. 8)

The uncertainty over Alberto's relationship with his main sponsor must have been difficult.