Aggresive Hardtail Thread!

Comments

• nick-gti
    nick-gti Posts: 131
    what is it?
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Wow that's really nice! If it's been released, then why are there no pictures on the website?
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Cqc wrote:
    Wow that's really nice! If it's been released, then why are there no pictures on the website?
    Neew website gets released on the day the bike does... Pics on the FB page: www.facebook.com/birdmtb.co.uk
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Nice! Any ideas when we'll be seeing the FS bikes?
  • benpinnick
    Probably the first time you will get to see one will be July...
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Think this belongs in here... :D

20140511_172859_zpsxpgqa8yd.jpg
  • paulneenan76
    paulneenan76 Posts: 777
    Awesome! Tickles my fancy. And I love the colour scheme - reminds of The Joker from Adam West vintage Batman!!

That's a hardcore hardtail.

Paul
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • benpinnick
    Cqc wrote:

Check out shop.birdmtb.com if you want to - its online now.

Ben
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • steve_muzzy
    steve_muzzy Posts: 259
    u5uhe9u8.jpg

Nice pic of the on one with new wheels at the hardcore comrie croft...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
  • Chippietea
    Chippietea Posts: 5
    image-59.jpg
    image-58.jpg
    My voodoo
  • Rambo_123
    Rambo_123 Posts: 183
    Love the colour of the hoodoo and the forks look really good!
  • Chippietea
    Ta, I have a chest infection green ragley marley frame in the loft i bought at Xmas to swop over, but I like the hoodoo too much so the ragley will have to stay there untill I manage to break the voodoo.

The forks are excellent, a few times I have made a silly mistake and expected to go OTB and they have just sucked it up with no drama.
  • How do the forks affect the handling? I have a Bantu (same frame I think) and have been thinking of some Sektor's in the future so would be handy to hear your views :)
  • Chippietea
    The forks are 140 revs, over small rubble strewn ground they work much harder than the raidons did,But still handle the big hits easily.

There is a quite large storm gully cut across the trail at a wood I ride which I can cross without scrubbing any speed by lifting the front wheel, dropping in on the back then put the front down up on the other side of the gulley and of you go.

But Monday was suprisingly muddy and dropped the front early pretty much square into the bottom of the opposite face of the gulley. At which point I fully expected to go flying but it soaked it up rode up and over the top in what felt like slowmotion.

Also the oem suntours, I think had a steel steerer as were suprisingly heavy once removed.
  • Cheers, some food for thought there. There's a Voodoo owners thread btw, might be worth dropping in and posting full specs etc :)

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12919636&hilit=voodoo
  • benpinnick
    Some more hardtail loveliness....

14248688852_96c0938d59.jpg
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • beautiful :)
  • My new Aggro hardtail, Transition Trans Am 27.5.

IMG_0011.jpg
    Transition Trans AM 27.5
    Niner ROS9
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    benpinnick wrote:
    Some more hardtail loveliness....

14248688852_96c0938d59.jpg

Very nice!
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • mrpiglet
    mrpiglet Posts: 42
    My piglet and a friends Bfe.

0cb08de2160d0c9c97734eb6ff80410c_zps89fe2689.jpg
  • Mr Chutney
    Mr Chutney Posts: 7
    2q9c7md.jpg

14cxuf9.jpg

My old Clubroost build - I miss my hardtail :(
  • jas754
    jas754 Posts: 26
    Just found a pic of my old orange subzero from 2006, cracking bike, should never of sold it

photo.jpg

Doesn't have single/double chainrings I'm affraid don't think they were about much back then, but had 180mm travel on the front end
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Mr Chutney wrote:
    My old Clubroost build - I miss my hardtail :(
    WTF is going on with that seat tube?
  • Cqc
    Shiiit 180mm! That's a bike
  • grantti469
    grantti469 Posts: 54
    My new Aggro hardtail, Transition Trans Am 27.5.

IMG_0011.jpg

Just waiting on a few parts and I'l be building mine up.
  • grantti469 wrote:
    Just waiting on a few parts and I'l be building mine up.

You will not be disappointed, took mine out for it's first run on Saturday, it is such a hooligan I was laughing like a banshee when I got to the bottom of the trails.
    Transition Trans AM 27.5
    Niner ROS9
  • Lofty66
    Lofty66 Posts: 1
    This is my first post, and below is my first mtb purchase since the early 90's. Thanks go to Ben for delivering in person last week.

20140601_094839_zpspplxmfl_edit_1401621431034_zpsips6v7ax.jpg
  • Cqc
    Lovely. How much did it come out with withall the upgrades? One thing if you are reading this Ben, is if I can find fault with your bike, it's the cable routing. Underside of the top tube is NOT nice. Underside of the down tube is the best IMO
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Ah the first bird. Kind of. Awesome
  • benpinnick
    Cqc wrote:
    Lovely. How much did it come out with withall the upgrades? One thing if you are reading this Ben, is if I can find fault with your bike, it's the cable routing. Underside of the top tube is NOT nice. Underside of the down tube is the best IMO

Thanks CQC, but I'm afraid we will likely never build a bike with underside of the downtube routing. Sorry! Its vulnerable to damage and attracts mud like no-ones business, making the bike impossible to clean properly, and the TT routing gives a pretty much straight line once past the first turn. Ive has a few Specialized over the years and my one biggest gripe with all of them was the cable routing... and don't get me started on the absolutely mental routing on my last Lapierre but thats a whole different issue.

What have you got against routing on the underside of the TT out of interest?
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.