8622930442_e990a9a5a2.jpg

liking...
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Liking that mmbop
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    2hy8iuv.jpg
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77 wrote:
    2hy8iuv.jpg
    Absolutely stunning.
    Framebuilder
    Handbuilt Steel 29er https://goo.gl/RYSbaa
    Carbon Stumpjumper https://goo.gl/xJNFcv
    Parkwood:http://goo.gl/Gf8xkL
    Ribble Gran Fondo https://goo.gl/ZpTFXz
    Triban:http://goo.gl/v63FBB
  • fizik
    fizik Posts: 247
    +1 for team cotic :D wish mine was baby blue!

p4pb10436167.jpg
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Ok I've been convinced... just ordered a Bfe.

Will be built with 150mm Revs (once they are back from Merlin), wide bar, short stem, 2x10 XT, Reverb etc. etc.

Ill post some pictures once I have got my hands on it, can't wait to join the club!
  • arran77
    You won't regret it TwellySmat :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    arran77 wrote:
    2hy8iuv.jpg

How have you been finding the bars?
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Newbie question... what makes it agressive?

Does this count? :) (2x10 and 120mm forks)

20140124_170034_zpsijdgyb3o.jpg
  • arran77
    Lewis A wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    2hy8iuv.jpg

How have you been finding the bars?

There really nice bars, I did chop the length down a bit as they were absolutely huge :shock:
    darkspirit wrote:
    Newbie question... what makes it agressive?

Yes, that counts as aggressive, single or double on front and 120mm+ of travel, looks good 8)

seanoconn
  • mrlee
    mrlee Posts: 499
    Latest pic of my Soul

65A54274-6915-4865-A069-02F97C752DD8_zps803xwj4d.jpg
  • Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    darkspirit wrote:
    Newbie question... what makes it agressive?

I'd say no, 140mm at least and saddle shouldn't be a foot above the handle bars.
    That's just my opinion, everybody differs. Nice bike nonetheless.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Matt-r8 wrote:
    I'd say no, 140mm at least

OP stated 120mm minimum to qualify. :wink:
  • Matt-r8
    They did indeed.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    By the rules it counts, just, but it's definitely on the xc side of hardcore.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    I agree with Matt on this. If anyone had of asked me what sort of bike my Whyte was, I would of said a trail hardtail, not an aggressive hardtail
  • I know this slightly breaks the rules of the thread due to the triple, but this is a new un-riden bike that will be fitted with a bash in a week, making it a double, 140mm revs.

Currently has avid breaks, XT breaks are being fitted.

Crap photo taken on my phone and at work.

k8hr.jpg
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    I agree with Matt on this. If anyone had of asked me what sort of bike my Whyte was, I would have said a trail hardtail, not an aggressive hardtail
    Yeah, and boardman designed the bike as an xc hard tail, it may qualify by the rules, but it needs to be built up aggressively at the very minimum: ie no 200mm stems
  • Very true and the bike was mainly bought for xc and a few trails :)

Stem is only 90mm so not too bad and I have some wider, 40mm riser bars in the post so will be a touch more aggressive :)

Would love to swap out the Rebas for a lefty fork but that can wait for now, next 'big' purchase will prob be a dropper post as I have the seat quite high (im a lanky git) so would be nice to drop it for the technical stuff...
  • Matt-r8
    Dropper posts are always good, if you're wanting to hit any descents quickly, without having to stop at the top and re adjust and then again at the bottom. My cove doesn't have one, due to the crappy 30.mm seat post.
  • Cqc
    Lefty forks are the stupidest invention ever. Don't do it.
  • I love the wrongness of them :D

Appreciate the engineering as well but they may not be suitable for the Boardman frame as they are more than 120mm i think
  • I was happy with my bike until I read and glimpsed some of the stunning builds on this thread. Now want to put all the bits off the P7 on to a cotic soul black and red frame....
  • My kind if thread!
  • Matt-r8
    flashbax wrote:
    I was happy with my bike until I read and glimpsed some of the stunning builds on this thread. Now want to put all the bits off the P7 on to a cotic soul black and red frame....

Absolutely nothing wrong with a P7. Legendary frame.
  • Yeah but the cotic looks so good..but your right I've not even given the p7 a chance yet.
  • fizik
    Cqc wrote:

Have you tried one? Just because something is different doesn't make it stupid, they are much stiffer than most singlecrown forks for starters. Cant use short stems with the old ones though which is a bit of a bugger!
  • Cqc
    fizik wrote:
    Cqc wrote:

Have you tried one? Just because something is different doesn't make it stupid, they are much stiffer than most singlecrown forks for starters. Cant use short stems with the old ones though which is a bit of a bugger!
    Well the whole stem thing is a bit dumb, as well as the fact that you have to change the front hub... I mean how much of a weight weenie do you have to be to get a lefty fork? Spares and servicing is harder too, just get a normal one
  • fizik
    Cqc wrote:
    fizik wrote:
    Cqc wrote:

Well the whole stem thing is a bit dumb, as well as the fact that you have to change the front hub... I mean how much of a weight weenie do you have to be to get a lefty fork? Spares and servicing is harder too, just get a normal one

I admit I wouldn't buy one to put on my bike, but I wouldn't neccessarly take one off if the bike came with one on