World Championship - ***SPOILERS***

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,653
    Mechanism wrote:
    YouTube is up and running with riders signing on, BBC starts soon I imagine.
    Linky please
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    edited September 2013
    It's the UCI channel at http://www.youtube.com/ucIchannel but it is geo-blocked for the UK. Chrome (and I think Firefox) with the Hola Unblocker extension gets around that.

BBC is at http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/24306085 or internet TVs (I need one of them).
  • rick_chasey
    :roll: they don't make it easy do they?

Cheers.
  • Would love to see Evans win this.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • On the overhead shot they just had, it looked like they were riding down a river the road is so wet!
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Gilbert is riding with a 29. To spin up that steep ramp the first few laps and save himself for later on
  • rick_chasey
    FJS wrote:
    Gilbert is riding with a 29. To spin up that steep ramp the first few laps and save himself for later on

Excellent. Where did you hear that?
  • FJS
    FJS wrote:

Excellent. Where did you hear that?
    http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/wielrennen/
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Emphursis wrote:
    On the overhead shot they just had, it looked like they were riding down a river the road is so wet!
    Turns out that doing the Tour of Britain might've been the best preparation after all!
  • rick_chasey
    Excellent.
  • Cav working on the front of the pack early doors... :shock:
  • thegibdog
    Cav working on the front of the pack early doors... :shock:
    Why :shock: ?
  • thegibdog wrote:
    Cav working on the front of the pack early doors... :shock:
    Why :shock: ?

No idea, GB have been riding like they want to control the race for the entire distance.
  • thegibdog
    I meant why are you shocked?!
  • thegibdog wrote:
    I meant why are you shocked?!

Because I wonder why GB feel the need to take control of the gap so early - they're a long way from being the stongest squad in the race, and Froome is an outsider at best. Why not let other teams control the break? Obviously I understand that there's no point saving Cav for anything.

Am I being a totally naive novice or have I missed something obvious.
  • Not used to seeing close ups of Cav at slow speed. Looks chunkier than I expected
  • FJS
    The only way Froome has a chance is if the race is made as hard as possible from the start. Even then
  • FJS
    And i think Cav quite likes to be seen working at the front. Not an anonymous worker bee is he. Wants to do his work before before turn the the telly off for a couple of hourse for the family lunch
  • FJS wrote:
    And i think Cav quite likes to be seen working at the front. Not an anonymous worker bee is he. Wants to do his work before before turn the the telly off for a couple of hourse for the family lunch

I look forward to the shots of him with seventeen bidons up his jumper just before noon then...
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    BBC website 10.01:

I'll move on to the other contenders in a moment. But first a quick update from the road. You are missing very little. The break is up to more than five minutes and the weather conditions are horrendous.

The rain is bouncing off the road, disrupting the television images, leaving commentator Simon Brotherton to admire some excellent topiary of Pinocchio, the championship mascot, near the finish line in Florence.

It is also tipping it down at the finish line.
  • Another way to look at it is that he'll probably get dropped early on on the laps so might as well do some work now.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    My desktop has suddenly got a tinted yellow screen and the nexus 10 doesn't support flash (Why Google, why!) I'm off to the gym until the red button is on, does anyone know what time it starts on there?
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    My desktop has suddenly got a tinted yellow screen and the nexus 10 doesn't support flash (Why Google, why!) I'm off to the gym until the red button is on, does anyone know what time it starts on there?
    12.30 I believe.
  • Paul 8v
    Mechanism wrote:
    Another way to look at it is that he'll probably get dropped early on on the laps so might as well do some work now.
    That is pretty much what I thought he would do, if it wasn't for the fact he is Cav I doubt he would have been chosen normally as it really won't suit him at all this parcours. Nice for him to repay some of the favours the others have done for him in the past though and must be nice not to have an expectation to win for a change!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v wrote:
    12.30 I believe.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    iainf72 wrote:
    mike6 wrote:
    Its a good course so there can be no excuses. Anyone who wins here is most deserving of the jersey. I have no idea who will win, its wide open, but its a shame JTL is such a wus this year, Its a course made for his form of last year.

I think you need to look at the JTL thread....

What makes you think I have not? :roll:
  • thegibdog
    mike6 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    mike6 wrote:
    Its a good course so there can be no excuses. Anyone who wins here is most deserving of the jersey. I have no idea who will win, its wide open, but its a shame JTL is such a wus this year, Its a course made for his form of last year.
    I think you need to look at the JTL thread....
    What makes you think I have not? :roll:
    Probably you not putting a :wink: at the end of your post!
  • Cav working on the front of the pack early doors... :shock:

Froome presumably wants the race to be as hard as possible to try and shell out the sprinters who can climb a bit?
  • thegibdog
    The break has 7 minutes...
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    It,s now 8 minutes.
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura