World Championship - ***SPOILERS***

Comments

• Riders being dropped on the little pimple just outside of Montcatini, 7.3km into the race.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • I've been for a ride, had lunch and have commandeered full control of all remotes and the laptop. Looking forward to some good racing.

I'd like to see the Brit women closer to the front in case of crashes
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • hmm...it doesn't take much of a rise to shell some of the riders. I predict major wastage on the circuits
    @JaunePeril

• Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Bit of a procession so far. I guess it'll kick off major style as soon as they on to the circuit.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391
    Why aren't the BBC showing it on the red button? Both BBC1 & 2 are showing morons on motorbikes ATM. :evil:
  • some little attacks now
    @JaunePeril

• Death by AQI from the UCI co-commentator
    @JaunePeril

• Dorset Boy wrote:
    Why aren't the BBC showing it on the red button? Both BBC1 & 2 are showing morons on motorbikes ATM. :evil:

I think this reflects the BBC's attitude to cycling
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    I was wondering the same thing. I think they are restricted in the number of programs they can broadcast, they used to have loads of options on the red button. Annoying given that Eurosport decided not to bother with the world champs because the BBC are meant to be showing it, but we end up having to stream it online - the men's U23 race didn't get any coverage at all.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Bad mood today made worse by the following:

(1) Why do we only have spoiler thread for the worlds.... wouldve been better to separate out the spoilers to the individual races...

(2) Ant McCrossan

(3) Ant McCrossan

(4) Ant McCrossan - he is the worst. Kirby is a dream compared to him

(5) Ant McCrossan calling every single chase-down of an attack by a rider as a "counterattack"... No its not you dumb f'uck. A counterattack is when an attack is brought back and a second attack is fired off by the rider catching or someone behind...
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    To be fair to the BBC they showed hours and hours of the time trials. They'll be showing over 2 hours of this race on BBC1/BBC2 (and the whole race online), plus 4 hours of the race tomorrow across BBC2 and the red button.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Well that's a few riders got rid of then...
  • Richard Moore ‏@richardmoore73 51m
    Firenze spot: member of GB staff marching on to the Sky bus, only to be frog-marched back out. Two Sky buses; one has been loaned to Norway.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • thegibdog
    Turfle wrote:
    To be fair to the BBC they showed hours and hours of the time trials. They'll be showing over 2 hours of this race on BBC1/BBC2 (and the whole race online), plus 4 hours of the race tomorrow across BBC2 and the red button.
    I think it's great it's on the BBC but it's disappointing that it seems to have meant less of the racing is on TV. Mind you Eurosport, aka The Home of Cycling, have a history of prioritising other sports of cycling, so it's probably a moot point.
  • Conde's winner's criteria

• You need to ride Vuelta España.
    • This is a route for the climbers.
    • You need to be fast.
    • You need to be explosive on the climbs.
    • Don’t count on the Vuelta riders, the last week was too hard.
    • You need to be able to win on this kind of distance.

http://c-cycling.blogspot.co.uk/

Ja duuh!

Harsh.

The interesting bit is that he only picks Dan Martin to fulfil all those criteria.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Looking very amateur at the moment. 50ks to race and they look like they are going 15mph.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • At last the Italians light it up on the climb. Front group split in two. Brand and Cromwell taking the descent full gas and have a gap now.

40ks to race

Larger peloton over 6 mins back.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Alan A wrote:
    Crash bang wallop
    And the Swiss rider really should have been paying a little more attention...
  • Anyone dropped yet that was a genuine threat?
  • Abbott's shorts are ridiculously short.

Most of the big guns are there. Bronzini, Armistead and Vos in the 2nd group who just brought back Ratto (19 yrs old, brother of Ratto in Cannondale team) and an Amdam rider.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Big guns moving.

Armistead nowhere at the moment. No team mates to drag her around a la BC.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Vos with a team mate, Stevens of US, 3 Italians and a Swede have a gap. Riders behind scattered.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Big guns moving.

Armistead nowhere at the moment. No team mates to drag her around a la BC.
    a) It's Armitstead
    b) Again, give your anti-BC drivel a rest for the day please.
  • A Russian has bridged and Cromwell is close behind.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Armitstead 47 secs back at the top. Bronzini in a group 30 secs back.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thegibdog
    Good race this. 3 riders within reach of the front group but I think everyone else is out of it.
  • thegibdog
    3 Italians in the front group discussing tactics, probably working out how to get rid of Vos who still has one teammate with her.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581
    looks like the Dutch & Italians are on a club ride compared to everyone else.
  • 11 in the front now. NZ and Ger rider plus the Russian who was chasing.

Vos not gone above 130 bpm yet. Credit to anyone who beats her. A bit ridiculous how strong she is...it only ever seems a fair win if she arrives after a long solo effort.
    Contador is the Greatest